Chapter 36

Near To You - Nu'est

The first thing that came to mind was 'wow. Erica looked around, and she didn't need two seconds to realize that this place was a whole lot different from where she had gone out the first time. This place was more... raw. Not in a bad way, at least not a first sight. Actually, this seemed like the perfect place where a girl like Eun Shin could go and have fun.

"You like it?" Sh shouted to be heard with the loud music.

"I don't know, it's weird," Erica replied.

"I know, right?" The girls made their way through the club, and it was very obvious that Eun Shin came here a lot. She said hello to several people -mostly guys- and blindly found her way to the bar. 

"Ya, Yung Woo!" A young, handsome looking man turned around, and Erica couldn't help but blush when he flashed her a smile.

"Annyeong, Eun Shin. Who is this pretty lady?" He leaned on his side of the bar, Erica noticed how muscular he looked. And his hands, good lord, they were so manly.

"This is my friend, Erica, but you should call her Rica, I'm teaching her how to be Korean." Yung Woo laughed, then smiled at her again.

"Nice to meet you, Erica, but I should call you Rica." Erica blushed even more, especially when he winked too.

"Yung Woo is a ladies man. Don't you have some drinks for two thirsty girls?" She pushed his arm, he grinned.

"Of course I do. Whatever the ladies want." He turned around -oh god, his - and started making  cocktail. When he was done, he served the girl two glasses with a bright pink substance.

"The first one's on the house," he said with another wink. He was called by other people, and as soon as he couldn't hear them anymore, Eun Shin started giggling.

"He's cute, right?" she asked. Erica smiled.

"I had no idea they made this kind of guys here."

"And he likes you too. I never saw him this flirty from the very first moment." Erica glanced at the young man once again, and she turned away when he noticed she was looking. He looked cute. Very cute. And she got a free drink.

"Hello, y." It took a while before Erica realized that the stranger in between her and Eun Shin had spoken a terribly deformed kind of English. Maybe it was because she got distracted by his arms that were all too bold around her shoulders.

"Get lost, Chan Ye," Eun Shin sighed. So he was a familiar face as well. He looked Erica up and down, she turned her head like a spoiled brat.

"And who is this?"

"That is Erica, she's on vacation, she doesn't speak Korean," Eun Shin said quickly. She didn't want Chan Ye to get all too interested. He was not a nice guy, he didn't do any bad, but he was just a jerk. Erica immediately realized her intentions, so she decided to over-play her American game.

"Hi! How are you?" She asked in the thickest American accent she had. Chan Ye smiled, tried to introduce himself.

"What are you saying? She interrupted him, "Ow em gee, Asian people really at English. Why don't you speak English like normal people?" Eun Shin took a sip of her drink to avoid bursting into laughter. Erica had suddenly turned into a stupid, spoiled , and she never thought it would be so amusing to see Cha Ye getting turned down like that.

"I'll go, eh, I have to... Bye." And off he went, disappearing in the dancing crowd. The two girls spluttered in laughter, Yung Woo shook his head.

"That poor boy, now he has to find another victim to fall for his lame moves." 

"Yeah, I got my standards higher than that," Erica said casually while flipping her hair over her shoulder. In hindsight, it was a really smooth thing to do. Yung Woo smirked, leaned across the bar, closer to her face.

"Could I maybe fit those standards?" She blushed a little, but she wasn't about to play easy now that she was back in the game.

"Depends on how hard you're trying."

"Watch me try, princess."