Chapter 15: Get Along

Near To You - Nu'est

"Are you sure you want me to come?" She asked again before she got into the car. Aron sighed, Minhyun rolled his eyes and Ren just pushed her in the vehicle. She almost fell on JR's lap, who felt slightly uncomfortable but didn't really mind about it, especially not when she smiled at him to apologize.

"Of course! We want to show you how we work," Aron said, also again. They were about to go to a press conference to promote their third mini album, and Erica could join them. The car started moving, but Erica was still looking for excuses.

"But I won't uderstand a thing! And people are gonna look at me because I'm not a cute Asian girl, and your fans might attack me because they think I'm your girlfriend or something!" Aron knew she was a dramaqueen, so he didn't really mind about her rant, but Ren was worried.

"Our fans are not like that! They would never attack you. And you are not an Asian girl, but you are cute, so yes, people are going to look at you." She looked at him as if he was insane. Then she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. It was her way of saying: I know you are right, but I won't admit it. Aron looked at her.

"How is your studying going?" Minhyun then asked to change the subject.

"Well, I know now why Aron felt like an idiot when he first got here. It's stupid and difficult, and I'm just not smart enough!"

"What's so difficult?" Baekho asked.

"I just don't know how to say those stupid words! When there's a u, you make it an o, and when there's a circle, sometimes there's nothing but other times there is something weird, and why the hell don't you just wright all the characters on one line, like normal people do?" The members had gotten used to her dramatic outbursts. They knew it wasn't that bad when she did it. It was bad when she didn't, when she sat silently in  corner. Like when she thought about Jake.

"Wait, let's practice here, we'll have a thirty minute drive," Aron proposed. Erica was kinda happy he wanted to help her, and she smiled when Ren took his phone and opened his inbox.

"I'll show you words and teach you how to say them," he said firmly. She looked at his phone screen, and she smiled at him. 

"Okay, go ahead."

 

It only took a few minutes before the five boys were laughing at the way she pronounced the words, and she felt slightly insulted.

"I'm sorry," Ren giggled, "you are just so funny. Aron hyung was funny in the beginning as well."

"Yes," Aron said with a dumb smile.

"Yeah, Aron hyung was funny, but noona is hilarious!" Minhyun said. She smiled when she realized he called her noona. It felt like a huge compliment, and she didn't even mind anymore that he was mocking her attempt to speaking Korean.