Chapter 10: Something New

Near To You - Nu'est

When Erica came out of her room, Aron was waiting for her with a stack of books. She almost got a headache when she saw the weird signs and realized those were her study books. If she wanted to stay here, she needed to know how to speak Korean. She smiled at Bakho, who as sitting at the table and took a seat across. Aron put the books on the table, she sighed deeply.

"Don't worry, we"ll help you," he said. Then he pointed at the first book, by the cover she could tell it was a children's book.

"Start with the alphabet. It's one of the most useful books I ever read. Very easy to understand. Tonight, I will give you a list of words I want you to write. English words, but you have to write them in Hangol." He sounded like a real teacher now, and she had to get used to this version of him. Aron usually wasn't all that strict with her. He had a weakness for her big blue eyes, but he wouldn't show any mercy this time. She opened the book, and she started to feel a little desperate.

"I can't do this," she said. Baekho looked up from his phone.

"Why not?" He asked. She smiled at him.

"I don't have a paper or a pencil. I can't memorize this without writing it down." She had only just spoken those words when a notebook and a pencil fell on the table. Aron smiled at her innocently.

"I remember your tricks. I was prepared for them," he said, referring to the time he was helping her with her English homework. She had never liked school, and that is also why she never went to college. That and Jake.

"Stop thinking about him," Aron said before falling on the couch. Baekho smiled at her lightly, then stood up and sat next to his friend.

"Where are the others?"

"Ren and Minhyun went shopping and JR is dancing in the studio. None of your business so stop postponing and get to work!" Nope, he really wasn't going to give her a break. This was teacher Aron, and she never liked that person, but he dragged her through high school. 

"I don't know what to write."

"Start writing your own name." She took the list of symbols, then started writing her name.

"WRONG!" Aron yelled without even look up from the tv.

"How the hell would you know, you dip?" Erica asked a little insulted.

"You started writing your first name first. In Korea, your surname always comes first." She looked down at the paper, scratched her 'name'.

"I've been there, Erica, I know. You'll get used to it."

"What, I'm not your noona anymore?"

"Not right now, I am you oppa now."

"Oppa my ," she mumbled. Bakho started laughing loudly, then said something to Aron in freaking Korean.

"What is he saying?"

"He said we are just like siblings. He finds it amusing to look at us."

"Well, tell him he should look some more, if you go on like this, he might see me punching my oppa in his oppa face and then kicking his oppa !"

 


Hey guys, I don't know how many people are reading this, but I hope it's kind of okay. Neither English or Korean are my native language, so if you notice some  mistakes, please tell me