Chapter 39

Near To You - Nu'est

He noticed something was different right from the moment he had woken up. Erica was not in her room. She was also not in the kitchen, the living room or the balcony. She had not spent the night here, as her bed was still functioning as a wardrobe for all the outfits she had tried on with Eun Shin yesterday. Eun Shin. She probably stayed with her. He smiled when he remembered the look in her eyes calling the girl a friend. He was glad for her, she didn't really have any friends besides him when she dated Jake. And he had left to South-Korea, so she had no one left. 

"Hyung, where is Noona?" JR rubbed the sleep out of his eyes while he opened the fridge, and Aron bit his lip. 

"I don't know," he said.

"Is she still sleeping?"

"I said I don't know," Aron said, a little more irritated this time. It bothered him that he didn't know where she was, and JR seemed to wake up and realize something was off.

"What do you mean?"

"She didn't sleep here. I think she spent the night at Eun Shin's place, but I'm not sure." JR smiled and patted his shoulder when he noticed the concern in Aron's voice.

"Don't worry, Hyung. She is a big girl, she can take care of herself. And it's like you said, she was with Eun Shin, and she seems a very nice girl to me." Aron smiled. He wasn't blind, he had seen how JR looked at her. 

"Yeah? How nice?" JR blushed a little, Aron started laughing.

"Don't even think about, buddy, she is even older than Erica, so she's out of your league."

"Unless I'm her type."

"You mean unless she has really bad taste?"

"Ya!" The two boys laughed, but somehow JR felt kinda sorry, because he knew it was true. Eun Shin would never fall for a guy like him.

"You can always try. If it doesn't work out, we'll make sure Erica gets new friends, until we find a girl that's perfect for you."

"You are insane." Ren walked casually towards the fridge, making it obvious he had heard everything. "You think any girl is good enough for him? She needs to be perfect before I allow her even near him!" 

"Ya, Ren-ah, what about me?" Baekho yelled from the living room. 

"And me?" Minhyun popped his head around the corner, his hair wet from the shower. Ren smiled, please with the attention he was getting.

"I love all of you. Therefor I will chase every girl away and make you stay single for the rest of your life so I'm the only one for you guys to adore." Right when the others wanted to complain and argue with Ren, they heard the front door open. It was very quietly, and Aron knew it was Erica trying to avoid them. He let her take of few steps but then he called her name.

"Noona? Weren't you here sleeping?" He asked as if he had no clue of her spending the night elsewhere. It was silent for a while, but then she shyly walked into the kitchen. She looked different. She was blushing, and something was wrong with her hair. It didn't look bad, but just different.

"Erm... No, I... I slept... At Unnie's place! Yeah, I slept over there," she said. It was just way to clear that she was lying. Baekho grinned.

"So Noona likes girls?" Erica blushed even more.

"W-what do you mean?" She fumbled with her jacket, feeling very uncomfortable with the whole situation. 

"If she doesn't like girls, who gave you the hickey then?"