Chapter 50

Near To You - Nu'est

"Noona." Erica groaned when she was awaken by a familiar voice, and she immediately felt how sore her back was. And that constant headache wasn't easy to ignore either.

"Noona." This time she also felt a pair of hands pulling her shoulders, and she slapped at them, knowing she'd miss them, but hey, it was the gesture that counted.

"Noona!"

"What!" She launched herself up, staring straight into Minhyun's smiling face. Immediately she felt bad for acting out. 

"You fell asleep on the couch. I hope your back doesn't hurt too much?" She looked around, it was still dark outside, as the lights in the living room were still on. She wondered why she slept there, when the memories seeped into her sleepy brain. The 'congratulations you have a job' party. With Eun Shin, Yung Woo and Nu'est. And also a loooot of wine. She rubbed her eyes. Ren, Baekho, Aron, JR and Minhyun had gone to bed early, and around two am, Eun Shin was so wasted that Yung Woo had to take her home. After they had left, Erica had wanted to clean up a little, but apparently she fell asleep before she could even reach the empty glasses. 

She glanced at the clock, it was already three  thirty, and damn sure her back was hurting! She looked back at Minhyun, who was collecting the remaining glasses to bring them to the kitchen. She smiled and got up from the couch, cursing at the alcohol that still hadn't left her body. She was a little wobbly when she reached the counter, where the young boy was rinsing the glasses, to make them at least a little less hard to clean in the morning.

"Thanks," Erica said.

"You're welcome. How are you feeling?"

"Sleepy. Drunk. But happy." He smiled again.

"I'm happy for you too, Noona. He seems like a nice guy."

"I'm glad you like him. Say, Minhyun-ah?" He looked at her with his brown eyes.

"Do you know how Aron feels about him?" That seemed to be a difficult question. Minhyun bit his lip and thought for a few seconds, but then he smiled.

"It would be a big lie to say Aron Hyung is happy with him. But he wants you to be happy. So I guess he approves of Yung Woo just as much as necessary." She could live with that. But didn't he just say this to comfort her?

"How do you know so sure?"

"You and I both know how bad he is at lying. I know him for a while now. It's like we share a brain sometimes." She frowned.

"That's weird," she mumbled while leaning more and more on the counter.

"You should go to bed, Noona."

"In a minute." She muttered while her eyelids were closing. She didn't want to leave Minhyun doing all of the work by himself. He looked her up and down, but them he gently took her arm.

"Come on, Noona, I'll you to your room." She giggled, and it amused him how she was still affected by the wine. 

"Such a gentleman," she sang in Engish while stumbling along with him to her room. Her head had barely touched the pillow when she drifted to sleep. Minhyun looked at her for a few seconds, but then he realized she might need an aspirin in the morning. 

He should put it on her night stand.