Chapter 14: Girl On Fire

Near To You - Nu'est

She was staring at the huge bowl on the table. She didn't know this dish, but she knew Aron and that was enough for her to feel suspicious about it. The boys were very excited about it, but she was kind of a chicken when it came to new things, and that included food she never tasted.

"What is it?" She asked while pointing at the food as if it was going to laser her to death.

"Dak Galbi," Minhyun said.

"Yeah, an what is whatever you just said it was?" JR grinned, Aron looked at her with a face she had never ever trusted in her life. It was innocent-not-so-innocent-Aron. She hated that face. She could never figure it out.

"It's just chicken with some vegetables and rice cakes. Nothing special."

"Nu-uh, it is when you look at me like that. What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing is wrong with Dak Galbi!" Minhyun said loudly. He put some on her plate, then they looked at her in anticipation.

"Is it nasty?"

"It's delicious," Ren said. She was feeling more and more suspicious about this. Why were they all trying to convince her it was good?

"Noona, come on, don't worry, we are going to eat this."

"Yeah? Go on then, I'll watch, and if you are still alive in an hour or two, I'll warm it up and eat my part."

"You should trust me, I'm a good cook!"

"Said the guy who managed to screw up some leftover pizza he just had to warm up." The guys laughed loudly and looked at Aron.

"I was thirteen, and you were standing right next to me, you never told me to do something different. And stop changing subject, just taste it!" Baekho took a bite of her plate, to show her it was really not that bad.

"See? He's eating it too." She hesitated, but eventually she took a bite. She immediately regretted doing so. It was spicy as hell! She ran to the kitchen, opened the tap and started drinking as if she had been lost in a desert for two weeks.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, it's a little spicy, we put some chili in it." 

" you, Aron!" She yelled back at him from the kitchen, in between drinking. The guys were laughing their off, but she didn't really mind. She could have expected this. She took a few deep breaths and went back to the dinner table, where the five members were all enjoying their lunch. Aron looked up at her.

"You're a terrible person and you will go to hell for this," she said.

"Fine. At least I can take the heat."