Chapter 6: You're Welcome

Near To You - Nu'est

She heard the door open, but she was surprised when she looked up. She expected Aron, but it was the cute looking boy that had asked her to stay. He looked at her, then smile in an awfully cute way.

"I'm Ren," he said. He sat next to her on the bed, she smiled.

"I'm Erica. Nice to meet you." His teeth showed as he smiled.

"My English is not good, but I try," he said slowly. She could appreciate his effort, Korean wasn't exactly her second language.

"Thank you. I appreciate it." He looked at her suitcase.

"You need help? I can help."

"You want to see my clothes?" She asked. He nodded, and it somehow didn't surprise her. Even though the boy was obviously dressed for the comfort, he looked very stylish as well. Aron had told her the boys in Korea were very different from the American guys. In LA, a guy like Ren would be considered overly gay. But she had a feeling that he wasn't. Or maybe he was, she didn't really care. He was nice, and that's all she needed. She opened her suitcase, he showed much more interest in her clothes thn Jake ever had.

"Are you okay?" Ren asked. She shook off the sadness, then smiled at him.

"Just going through a crappy time. My ex-boyfriend is an . Stuff like that." He looked at her in silence for a while, then smiled.

"We are your friends now. Aron Hyung is stupid, but he means well." She laughed loudly when Ren shamelessly called his friend stupid. He was right though, Aron shouldn't have lied to her. Or his other friends.

"Is everyone okay with me?" She asked with a little hesitation. Ren seemed to think for a hile.

"I think so. We are all just surprised." 

"Yeah, I get that. Me too. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience."

"Incon..."

"Inconvenience. A situation you don't really like or feel comfortable around, something that might cause you trouble." He pulled a shirt out of the suitcase.

"Gwiyeomi," he mumbled. She tilted her head.

"What does gwiyeomi mean?"

"Cute. Adorable. I like this shirt." It was just a red shirt, with a bat on it asking for a kiss, promising not to turn into a vampire. It was one of her favorites.

"Thank you, I like it too."

"What is your real haircolor?" He then asked.

"What is yours?" She grinned, he laughed and pushed her arm a little.

"Blonde," he then said dead serious."

"Funny, mine too."

"Really?"

"No, it's brown. Really boring. I lke red better."

"It looks good." She somehow had a feeling that she'd get along with this guy. Mabe it was the fact tha he had accepted her so easily, or maybe that he was so good at talking to her and making her feel at ease. Or maybe it ws the fact that he suddenly grabbed her hand and yelled: "Your nails are so pretty!"

That was deffinitely a plus.