Chapter 43

Near To You - Nu'est

Baekho followed Erica inside, totally forgetting he was going to get himself some bubble tea. What he had encountered at the front door, was waaaaaay more interesting. 

"Nooooonaaaaaaa!" He sang when she obviously tried to ignore him.

"Leave it, Baekho," she groaned when she reached the kitchen, where Minhyun and Ren were sitting. She opened the fridge and took out some orange juice, while Baekho still had that annoying expression on his face. She took a glass and filled it to the top, downing it all at once.

"Thirsty?" Minhyun asked with a smile. Before she could even think of an answer to give him, Baekho had already spoken.

"Noona needs to cool down, she was getting really hot." She nearly choked on her second glass, giving him a death glare. The two boys didn't really understand, so they concluded it was just Baekho being weird again.

"How was your date?" Ren asked sincerely interested. He was curious about the boy that seemed to bedazzle his noona within seconds.

"How do you think she got so hot?" This time she threw her purse towards Baekho, who seemed to have the time of his life. She was blushing like crazy, and he knew she must have fallen for this boy, hard. 

"We had a very nice conversation," she said, causing Baekho to burst out into laughter. 

"Is that how you call it? It looked more like you were checking each other's tonsils!" Then he turned towards Minhyun and Ren "I caught them kissing at the front door." Ren clapped his hands, Minhyun just shook his head. The topic was a little awkward to him, but he was glad his Noona was happy. She didn't seem the type to randomly kiss someone -at least not when she was sober- so he must be really special to her. She blushed, but couldn't stop herself from smiling. Just thinking about Yung Woo made her mind go blank and her heart beat fast.

"Tell us about him," Ren said while she sat down at the table.

"Well," she took a deep breath and tried to get the idiotic smile from her face, "He's just very-" She got cut off by her own giggling. She covered her face with her hands and blushed even harder, it was all she did lately: turn red and giggle.

"He's so nice to me. He's friendly, patient, nice, soooo cute, he's y and smart and I just don't know how to act around him without making a complete fool about myself." She was sincerely worried about that. She was clumsy and sometimes she did or said stupid things. What if he got turned off by her? 

"Noona, I think he feels the same way about you," Baekho said.

"Why?" Ren asked.

"He was holding her so tightly and he was looking so sweet at her, as if he didn't want to let her go. I never smiled at someone like that," Baekho said with a weary face. 

 

Around the corner, Aron had seen it all. He had seen how Baekho opened the door, and he had struggled to stop himself from scolding that Yung Woo guy. But then he also saw the way they looked at each other. He saw the way Erica had smiled. He hadn't seen her smile like that in a long time. Jake used to make her smile like that but he stopped doing it, long before their relationship had ended. And this guy. He seemed sincere. He seemed to really like her. And she liked him. The way she talked about him, for heaven's sake, she even giggled! He was looking at her, wearing a dress, make up and the brightest smile a girl could wear.

She is so happy. And it was obvious that it is all because of Yung Woo, Aron thought. He can't be that bad, right?