Chapter Sixteen: Fanmeeting

Near To You - Nu'est

She had never seen something like this. She thought beliebers and directioners were obsessed, but these girls were definitely some good competition for them. But she understood. The boys were all good looking, they were very talented and they were just super nice. How could you not like them? She stood at the side, watched them take pictures, give autographs and get hugs. Aron seemed so happy. She knew he had made the right choice coming to Korea. It was not easy for him to leave everything behind, including his friends and family. Learning a new language, getting used to new rules. But when she looked at him standing over there, she knew it was worthed.

Suddenly a girl pointed at her, asking Ren something. Even if she had stood close enough to hear it, she wouldn't understand anyway, so she just raised her eyebrows and smiled back at Ren when he looked at her two. Some more girls seemed to notice her, and she started to feel a little uncomfortable. She took her phone, texted Aron she was outside and turned around to find an exit. 

 

"Who is that?" Ren turned his head, looked at Erica, who was standing in a corner, barely in sight.

"She is our noona," he said.

"She doens't look Asian."

"She is American, she is Aron hyung's noona, and now she is our noona too. She is very kind." She smiled politely back at him, he looked at the fan. 

"But why is she here? Is she the girlfriend of one of you?" More heads turned, and Ren saw how Erica hurried away. It was a shame she was so shy, he would have loved to introduce her to the fans. He knew they would love her. Aron looked at his phone, looked over his shoulder, only to see his best friend had gone away. Maybe she wanted to smoke  cigarette.

"No, she is not the girlfriend of one of us, she is just a very good friend," Baekho said, "we are teaching her how to speak Korean."

"And is it working?" A girl asked. Now that Erica turned out to be just a friend, the threat had gone and they were more curious about her.

"Not really," Aron said, "she is worse than me." The girls giggled.

"How did you meet her?"

"Oh, we have known each other for all our lives. She lived next to me in LA, and we are the same age. We have always been good friends," Aron explained.

"Maybe we can film some of our lessons to her," Minhyun said with an amused smile. He had been very amused by the sight of the helpless girl trying to say the words right, and he knew the fans would love to see them as teachers.

"Yes! You should, please, we want to see!" The girls said. Aron hesitated a little.

"I don't know if she will like that, she is a little shy," he said.

"We can ask her. She can't resist my flawlessness after all," Ren said with an arrogant face. The girls laughed. 

Question was if she really couldn't resist.