Chapter 41

Near To You - Nu'est

He couldn't help it. He tried so hard, but he couldn't help his feelings. He was okay with the fact that she had slept with someone. After all, she was a grown woman with certain needs without a relationship, so what better way to take out those frustrations than a one night stand? There was no straight guy on this planet who would refuse a girl like Erica. At least not that much guys. But now that she confessed that she liked him, Aron couldn't hold it in. 

"You like him? How is that even possible?" Erica noticed his cranky mood immediately, but she had no idea why his temper had risen so quickly.

"I don't know," she mumbled.

"You don't even know this guy, how can you fall for him? I bet you don't even know his last name." She stared at the floor, knowing he was right.

"I know, it's crazy, but I feel really good around him." He sighed, and the other boys felt that it was better for them to leave, even though Baekho felt really bad for leaving Erica with such a cranky Aron. 

"Erica, you can't let your feelings go like this. I know you probably had a great night, but to be honest, I think that's all you should expect. I know your taste in men so it's very likely that he's not looking for a romantic love story." She felt a little insulted. First of all, her taste in men was not that bad, she just had bad luck. Secondly, how did Aron dare to judge Yung Woo without even knowing him? And why did he assume that all Erica could get was a one night stand? She turned around.

"Whatever you say, Aron." He knew she was upset, but he didn't understand why. All he tried to do was keep her from getting her heart broken again. She would wait for that guy to return her love, but all she'd get was disappointment, because that's just how guys, at least those who pick up girls in clubs, are. 

"I'm trying to help you, Erica."

"Well, you're not helping." She waited a few seconds but there was too much frustration boiling inside her veins to keep it all in, so before she slammed the door of her room, she yelled: "tard!" 

 

There was a huge tension in between them for the rest of the day. Erica didn't even look at him anymore. Aron really didn't understand what he had done wrong. He was a guy, he knew how guys thought. Wasn't it only normal that, as a friend, he should explain that to Erica? Ren had wanted to go and talk to Erica, but her flammable hum had prevented him to.  When the doorbell rang, around six in the evening, they all looked up. They didn't expect any visitors. Minhyun got up, and he frowned when he opened the door. He didn't know the man standing in front of him. He was wearing a leather jacket and his hair was messy. The contrast with the neat, tidy Minhyun couldn't be any bigger.

"Yes?" He asked.

"I'm picking up Rica. Is she here?" It didn't take a second for Aron to get up from the living room and walk towards the front door. He looked the man up and down, and his first thought was how this guy was exactly her type. Leather jacket, arrogant frown and the worst attitude. 

"There lives no Rica here," he snarled. "Who are you?"

"Aron, please!" Erica pushed him aside, then she turned towards the unexpected visitor.

"Yung Woo. I'm glad to see you." She was wearing a dress. A dress. Aron couldn't even remember the last time he had tried ti convince her to wear one.

"You look beautiful. Let's go." They both ignored Minhyun and Aron, and that last one was raging out of his mind. He stormed towards the kitchen, started cursing and slammed the doors. The others just looked at each other.

This meant trouble...

 

 


A/N: I just want to say how much I appreciate the reactions and subscriptions :D I love you!!!