Chapter 19: More Practice

Near To You - Nu'est

Ren was right. It was a lot easier to learn how to speak the words when you had an example. He was slowly reading her the song lyrics, she repeated them, for allmost two hours. She got a little tired of it, so they decided to take a break. She sat on the couch, her legs on Aron's lap and her back resting to Minhyun's side. It was unbelievable how genuinely exhausted you could be from just using your brain.

"Do you want to sing for me?" She asked after a few moments of silence.

"Who?" Ren asked.

"All of you. I have heard some songs, but I want to hear it live."

"What do you want us to sing?" Aron asked, knowing they would give in anyway. The past few days, he had discovered that he was not the only one with a weakness for her big blue eyes. 

"Anything. As long as it's Korean." This confused them.

"Huh? But you-"

"Yeah, I know! But Aron is the only one who can speak English as if he is not an illegal immigrant. Then I really prefer that stupid Korean. Besides, I like listening to it, it sounds very sweet. Just speaking and understanding it is a pain in the ." She had insulted them twice in one sentence, but they didn't mind. Erica was just the kind of person who'd get away with nearly anything, because she had no bad intentions. She just bluntly spoke her mind, whether you liked it or not.

"Why don't we sing hello for her?" JR suggested. The others agreed, and as soon as Minhyun sang the first word, she smiled widely. She couldn't help it, but a good voice was enough for her to fangirl like crazy, even if she knew the person that was singing. She looked at him, and damn, he looked cute while singing. The others did their part, and well, let's say that she kind of got where all the success came from. They were young, handsome and they had an incredibly sweet image.

"Yeoboseyo." Minhyun ended the song, and Erica clapped her hands.

"I think this is my favorite," she then said. Aron frowned.

"Why? I thought Face and Beautiful Ghost where your favorites."

"Yeah, they are, but this is a different kind of song, and at this very moment, I like that. Jezus, you guys gave me goosebumps." She turned to Minhyun.

"How are girls not all over you when you sing?" He blushed, but was obviously very pleased with the compliment. It was nice when someone told you you did a good job, especially when it was a pretty and mature girl like Erica.

"Thank you," he said. Aron never saw Minhyun blush like that. He was looking from him to Erica, but he didn't say anything. But Baekho did.

"Munhyun-ah, you like getting compliments from pretty girls, don't you?" He said to , in Korean of course. Erica looked confused as Minhyun attacked Baekho wtih a pillow.

"What did he say?" She asked Ren. He smiled.

"That you should learn how to speak Korean."