Chapter 3: New Day

Near To You - Nu'est

"Where have you been?" She ignored the sound of his voice, but she could barely manage to keep the tears in. Jake was nothing anymore like the guy she fell in love with. He was so sweet to her in highschool, the perfect boyfriend. But everything had changed when she moved in with him. She had put up with him for two more years, but now that she had caught him cheating, it was over.

"Don't be such a drag. Did you finally realize I'm the only one who cares about you?" He stood in the doorway of the kitchen, and she decided to play his game. He wasn't the type of guy that liked losing, and if she told him she would be leaving, he'd get angry.

"Yes, I have, Jake." It was hard, but she managed to put a smile on her face, partly because she knew she's never have to see him again.

"Why don't you go to bed already, I'll be there in a minute." He seemed a little surprised about her behaviour, but then he grinned.

"I'll keep your spot warm." She felt shivers down her spine, and as soon as she heard him walk up the stairs, she started sorting her things out. only the necessary. She silently dragged a suitcase from the storage room, and for the first time in her life, she was happy with the walk in closet he had made of an empty room. She sneaked around the house, gathering her stuff. Phone, wallet, purse, clothes, toothbrush, and all the other things she might need. After thirty minutes, she stood on the doorstep of his house. If she had forgotten something, she'd buy it in Korea

 

Erica took a deep breath as she noticed the seat belt signs lighting up. She was exhausted, but also a weird kind of happy. She was about to see Aron again, and she hadn't seen him for years. All because of that-

A tear rolled down her face when she thought of Jake. She had loved him, and she still loved him. He had hurt her so much.

She felt the bump when the plane touched ground again, and she waited impatiently until she was finally allowed to take of her seatbelt and get off. She entered the big airport, and she looked around. Okay, customs first, than call Aron and figure out how the hell to get out of this place.

 

"Aron!" She ran towards him and wrapped her arms around her best friends. It was only after seconds she realized people were staring at her, probably because of her tearful face and poorly looking clothes.

"Shh, I'm here." He was her back, trying to calm her down. He hated seeing her like this.

"I'm so glad you want to help me," she sobbed, "he already called me a million times, I don't know what to do." She handed him her phone, he saw she had over twenty missed calls, all from Jake.

"You didn't tell him you were leaving?"

"No, I was afraid he'd get angry."

"That's okay, you're safe now. Come on, let's go." With his arm around her shoulders, he guided her to the exit.

"Besides, your hair looks great," he said. She smiled, but not sincerely. He kept his mouth shut, while he could only think about one thing.

 

How on earth was he going to explain to the guys that Eric was in fact Erica?