Chapter 21: Pizza

Near To You - Nu'est

"Noona, this is delicious!" Minhyun yelled.She smiled. He hadn't taken one bite yet.

"You haven't even tasted it.How would you know?" She answered while she took off the mittens and started cutting the giant pizza in slices. 

"I just know, because you are my Noona! And it smells lovely." It had become so easy to communicate with them, now that she understood the language a little. That had helped too in them being more open towards her. She looked at JR, who was pouting a little.

"Is something wrong, JR?" She asked. He looked up to her and forced a smile on his face.

"No, Noona. It looks really." She smiled, because she knew he didn't like tomatoes, and if there was one ingredient NOT missing from her pizza, it was tomato sauce.

"Are you sure it's okay for you to eat tomato sauce?" She asked while giving everyone a slice of pizza.

"Yeah, of course."

"So you don't want the tomato-less pizza with extra cheese I made for you because I know you don't like it?" He looked at her with big eyes, she straightened her back and went to the kitchen to fetch the little pizza she had made for him, instead of tomato just extra cheese.

"Gamsahabnida!" He shouted when he saw the pizza. 

"Minhyun, you better watch out, looks like we found a better mother, this one can cook too," Baekho said while he took a bite. He quickly grabbed his glass of water, because it was too hot.

"Smartass, it's fresh from the oven," Erica said. She sat down, watched the others eat for a while. They were talking about their day, and she somehow kind of felt like a mother. She was not supposed to feel like that! She was only twenty years old, she wanted to feel like a young adult, someone who went to parties a lot and hooks up with boys. Maybe boys didn't want to date her. Maybe Jake was right, maybe he was the only one who cared about her enough to tolerate her in his life.

"Aron, if you had never met me before and would see me if you went out, what would you think of me?" He coughed, nearly choking on his pizza. He knew she was the kind of person for surprises, but this was a very sudden question. The worst thing was, he had no answer to it. He had known her for so long, it was impossible for him to imagine what it'd be like if he didn't. 

"Why are you asking that?" She shrugged.

"Do you think I'm pretty? And not just 'yeah, you're okay'-pretty, but like 'damn, I wanna be your boyfriend'-pretty. There was a silence at the table, and because she had spoken in English again, it was probably caused by a lack of understanding. Aron looked at his friends.

"Baekho." Baekho had a mouth full off pizza and looked like a chipmunk when he turned his face towards them.

"Yes?" He said when he had swallowed.

"Do you think Erica is pretty, would you want her as your girlfriend?" Aron asked quickly in Korean. Baekho was a bit confused.

"Is this a proposal?" He asked slightly amused. He would be crazy not to want that. Erica was beautiful, sweet and very fun to hang out with.

"No, it's just a question," Aron said with an impending glare towards his friend. 

"Of course I would. Who wouldn't?" Erica smiled widely when she heared the answer. She started blushing a little, because Baekho was a handsome guy, and it was nice to know he liked her too.

"Why are you asking?" Minhyun asked too.

"Are there any good places to go out here?" She asked. The boys looked at each other.

"Yes. But you should not go alone." JR said.

"Why not?"

"Boys are mean, Erica, and you look sweet, innocent and foreign. You're to boys what a drop of blood is to a shark. They will come for you from every corner and they won't all be nice," Ren said without looking up from his plate.

"You guys are nice."

"Aron Hyung would kill us if we weren't. So don't go alone."

"So, you guys wanna come with me?"

"When?" She thought about. Why wait? She wanted to know if boys still liked her as soon as possible.

"Tonight?"