Chapter 18: Practice

Near To You - Nu'est

"Why the camera?" She looked suspiciously at Baekho, who was pointing the handycam towards her.

"We are going to film you," he said. She laughed sarcastically.

"Haha, no, you're not. Put that away, silly."

"Babo," Aron said.

"Okay, put that away, babo," she said with a smile. Baekho made a face at her as if he was really hurt.

"It's already on, so all our fans will know you called me like that."

"And I'm sure they will agree with me," she said sweetly. Aron sniggered, than took her book.

"Now, come on, you know the characters, try and read this." He offered her a children's book, but she sighed.

"I can't read that!"

"Why not?"

"I don't know what it means. And I'm not fluent with the words. I'll have to read them syllable by syllable, it's gonna sound ridiculous."

"It's how every child learns how to read any language, you did this the same way when you learned how to read and write in preschool. Now go on, I will explain the story to you later if you want to know what the plot is." She punched his shoulder for making fun of her, but then she opened the book. Baekho kept on filming her, she tried to ignore it.

 

 

Ignoring the camera was not that hard, but it was very hard to focus with the laughs of the boys echoing through the living room.

"Shut up, I'm trying to read!" She shouted while laughing. 

"And you're failing miserably," Aron said while he scratched the back of his head.

"I already told you, I don't know what these words mean, so I don't know how they're supposed to sound. Of course my mind makes up some freaky sounds on it's own." Ren jumped up.

"I have a good idea, noona! You want to know how the words sound? Try read our song lyrics!" Aron looked at him for a while, Erica could only smile because he too called her noona.

"It really is a good idea," Aron then mumbled.