Chapter 24: Morning

Near To You - Nu'est

She had a headache. She hadn't even opened her eyes, but that was the first realization she had. It wasn't that much,it was just really annoying. She turned around, pulled the sheets over her head and tried to fall asleep again. After a second or three, she heard something that had probably woken her up in the first place. A soft voice was singing in the room next to hers. Baekho. She wanted to tell him to shut the up, bet she just lied there and listened. She didn't want him to shut up anymore. It was so pretty. She got up from her bed, still just wearing her shirt and , and she tiptoed out of the door, to Baekho's room. She knocked silently, and she cursed herself when the singing was promptly stopped. 

"Come in," she heard then. She opened the door en saw Baekho sitting on the bed. His room was a mess, but it wasn't disturbing her at all. 

"Good morning," she said. Baekho smiled at her, tried not to stare at her legs. 

"Good morning. Did I wake you op?" He asked immediately. He didn't mean to interrupt her sleep,especially not after such an... exhausting night. She shrugged. He had indeed woken her up, but she didn't want him to feel bad about it.

"I couldn't sleep anymore, and then I heard you singing." She couldn't sleep anymore? But she looked to tired! Baekho smiled at her, tapped on his bed. She was a little bit cold, so she happily crawled up in his bed and she took he liberty over covering herself in his blankets.

"Well, make yourself comfortable," Baekho said sarcastically, she smiled softly.

"You okay?"

"Headache," she said. She closed her eyes en let her head rest on the soft pillows. They smelled like Baekho, and it smelled quite good to be honest. Very manly. 

"Well, that's what happens when you drink too much," he said while he got down on the bed as well. She punched him, he grinned.

"I didn't drink that much."

"No, but is was more than enough." She smiled. Yeah, he was probably right. 

"But did you have fun?" She nodded, he her hair.

"I felt so good. I finally felt..." She hesitated a while. It was a feeling she had been denying to herself for a long time, an facing it was one of the hardest things she had ever done.

"Felt what?" Baekho asked. 

"When I was with Jake, I didn't realize it, but lately he wouldn't make me feel pretty anymore. He'd look at me as if I was lucky he wanted to be seen with me by his side. I didn't feel wanted, or loved in any way. But yesterday, when all those guys came up to me and you got mad at them because you wanted to protect me, I felt wanted. I felt loved. And I felt pretty again. It's been a while since I've felt like that." Baekho wrapped his arms around her, she buried her face in his shirt. 

"You are so pretty, noona, and we all love you so very much," he whispered to her. He didn't know Jake, and he didn't know about their past, but if he was the kind of person to make a girl feel that way, he must be a terrible person. He hesitated  little, but eventually he softly pecked her cheek. She didn't react to it, and then he realized she was sleeping. He couldn't move without waking her up again, and she was looking so sweet. Well, looked like he would be staying there with her for a while.