Chapter 4: Liar

Near To You - Nu'est

The silence in the car was not uncomfortable, at least not to Erica. She had rested her head against the window, but Aron knew she wasn't sleeping. She was enjoying the peace and quietly thought about what had happened, as she always did after something big had happened. But to Aron, that silence was crushing and mean. The closer they got to the dorm, the more nervous he felt about lying to his friends. He had told Nu'est that it was a guy, and he had told Erica that his friends had agreed on her staying over, while she didn't know they actually thought ERIC would stay at their place. She would be so angry. Oh, and the guys, they would be mad too. He never lied to them before.

"Is something wrong?" Erica's big blue eyes were staring at him, and he noticed the frown on her face.

"No, I'm just a little worried about you, that's all."

"You don't need to be. You know I'll tell you when I need to get something of my chest." She smiled at him, and he felt even more uncomfortable. He felt so bad for lying to her. But it was all for a greater good, right? She'd forgive him.

 

"Well, here it is." They got out of the car, Erica carried her purse, but when she reached out for her suitcase, Aron stopped her and offered to carry it for her. He could be such a gentleman. But usually when he was this nice, there was a reason for it.

"What do you need?" She asked with a cheeky smile. He looked at her, she was surprised to see the glim in his eyes. As if he was doing something she didn't like.

"Aron?" She now asked with a sharp voice.

"Nothing. Nothing really," he muttered. She didn't believe him, and as they entered the building, she was determined to find out why he was acting this strange. She followed him down the hall, and she could already hear voices. They sounded excited, and it was somehow very relieving to not think about her misery for a second. Aron entered what she thought to be the living room, en she heard his friends greet him. She took of her coat and shoes, and she took a deep breath before she also entered the room. There was a sudden silence.

"Aron Hyung, who is that?" Ren asked. Erica did not understand, but she immediately knew that there was a huge misunderstanding going on. Aron was staring at his shoes, and she knew that this was why he was so nervous before.

"Aron? What is the problem?" she asked. The other boys were staring at her, as if she was some kind of alien.

"Imighthaveforgottentotellthemyoureagirl," Aron said hastily, she gave him a dead glare. He flinched, especially when Baekho was the first one realizing what was going on.

"Aron Hyung, please don't tell me that this is your friend," he sighed. The others looked at Erica again, and Ren couldn't help but think her hair looked gorgeous. She seemed nice, even though she looked tired and grumpy.

"Yes, she is. Please let her stay here, she has no one else. It's only for a little while, please!"