Chapter 7: Cigarettes

Near To You - Nu'est

It was almost evening when Erica had finished unpacking her bag. Ren had helped her the whole time, except when she needed to put her underwear away. He had turned his head and told her about the other boys and all the stuff they had done and were about to do. When she was all done, she followed Ren back to the living room.

"Do you guys have a balcony or something?" She asked. Aron immediately knew she had started smoking again. She promised him to stop, but he knew it was very hard for her. 

"Erica..." He sighed.

"I know, I'm sorry, but I just... please?" The others didn't really know what was going on, but as soon as Aron pointed to the balcony door and Erica went to the hallway to get her purse, Aron told them.

"She wants to smoke." Ren was a little surprised. She didn't seem like the kind of girl to smoke, and her clothes didn't smell funny. Erica was walking past them again, carrying her pack of cigarettes, a lighter and some deodorant. She looked innocently at Aron, who was still a little disappointed. But she needed this time. When she smoked, she came closer to herself. She had time to think in silence, without someone interrupting her, as most people didn't like to stand next to someone smoking. Besides other smokers, but they usually understood. But it didn't take away that it was a terrible habit. 

He looked at her for a while, and he noticed she had lost some weight since the last time he saw her. She had never been fat, but two years ago, she was a little more... full. Not fat, but nicely shaped. Not that she was ugly skinny now, but still, he liked it better before.

"She looks so sad," Minhyun silently said, as if she would hear them through the doors, and she suddenly understood Korean. Aron looked at her again, and noticed the way her shoulders were hanging down and her face was focused on the ground. She didn't smile, and she was gazing into nothing. He knew for sure that she was thinking about Jake. She loved him so much, although he didn't understand why.

"Her boyfriend cheated on her, right?" JR asked.

"Yeah. But that's all I can tell, if she wants to tell you, she'll do it herself."

"I don't get it," Baekho said, "why would you cheat on her? She is so pretty."

"And sweet," Ren added. Aron shrugged.

"That guy is just an . She's better off without him." Ren suddenly got up and rushed to the kitchen. In seconds he was back, carrying a small plate. He went to the balcony, Erica smiled when he gave it to her.

"She needs an ashtray," Ren said when he came back inside. A minute later, they saw how she put the stub in the 'ashtray' and she took her deodorant. She sprayed it all over herself, including her hair. Aron laughed when she made a face, probably because she had tasted some of the spray in . She heard him laugh, came inside and threw the can at him. He caught it, but it turned out to be just a decoy. She jumped on him, pushing him in the couch an pinching his neck.

"You think that was funny?" She asked. He couldn't stop laughing, especially when he saw the faces of the others.

"No, please, have mercy on me!" He cried loudly when she took a tress of his hair between her fingers and threatened to pull it.

"Please have mercy on me who?"

"Please have mercy on me, your highness!" She got off him and sat next to him with a content face. Only to get a pillow in it seconds later.

"In your dreams!" Aron yelled.

This meant war.