Chapter 31: Please

Near To You - Nu'est

"Hyungnim, please." Aron was about at the edge of literally begging on his knees. Manager Hyung didn't seem to give in, and it made Aron desperate. This would be the perfect opportunity for Erica, both to learn the laguage and to earn money and experience.

"Aron, you can't just go on and create jobs. It's not on our list of descriptions. I'm sorry, but I can't help you." Somehow, he felt bad for refusing Aron's wish. He had started to like Erica. But he had no idea how to put this if he had to explain it to his boss. He turned around, ready to leave the apartment, the other boys sat silently in on the couches. Erica had gone for a walk, and she would stop at the supermarket to buy dinner.

"Hyungnim!" Aron shouted, "if you had a garden, looking beautiful and all, and you're not looking for anything to improve it. But one day someone passes by and tells you he knows a secret to make your plants grow even nicer, would you refuse to know the secret?" Aron was on the verge of losing his cool. Why didn't he understand how important this was? The man stopped in the doorway, let out a sigh. He turned around and looked at the young man.

"Why is she so important to you, Aron?"

"Us." They both looked at Minhyun, who had spoken for the first time since Aron started arguing with his manager.

"She is important to us, Hyungnim. All of us. She has just a way of being likeable." Ren, Baekho and JR nodded, they all agreed. They knew that what Aron was asking was a big deal, but they really wanted it to happen. It would make things better, in every way.

"I'll see what I can do. But I don't make any promises. Don't expect too much." After he mumbled those words, the manager hurried out of the dorm. Aish, these boys might give him more than just one grey hair. 

"What do you think will happen?" Baekho asked. Aron sighed, fell onto the couch and covered his face in his hands. He ad no idea. He just wanted Erica to get a job. He had asked Manager Hyung to let her be a kind of 'assistent'. Someone who'd run after them with water bottles, towels, their day schedule and other things they could have easily done themselves. It wasn't hard, and it would be fun having her around at concerts, fansignings and interviews. It would grant her experience and she would be able to get some savings. But Manager Hyung had no interest, he didn't believe Pledis would allow such a job to exist, not for them, that was. They were not THAT big yet...

 

"That will be 25600 won, please." Erica gave the money with a smile, and secretly she was very proud of herself. This was the first time she had done grocery shopping by herself, and she had actually talked to people while doing so. The cashier complimented her on her Korean, and she felt her face was glowing.

"Kamsahabnida," she mumbled with a smile. She took the bags, walked out of the door. At least, that is what she tried. When the doors opened, she bumped into another costumer, and she dropped one of her bags. She wanted to apologize, but before she could do so, the man she had bumped into, started yelling at her. He waved his hands angrily, she felt her cheeks turn red. She could barely understand him, as he was talking very fast and loud, and she was kind of overwhelmed. She did understand something about respect for the elderly, and foreigners not knowing their ways or something like that. She tried to calm the man down, but suddenly she felt a hand smacking to her cheek, and it really hurt. She tried to hold back the tears, but she was getting more scared every second. The cashier girl came between them, tried to calm the man with a few bows and some humple words, while Erica started trembling and she couldn't stop e few tears from rolling down her cheek. She had to get out, right now.

Right now.