Chapter 35

Near To You - Nu'est

That afternoon was a success. Erica and Eun Shin had been drinking coffee and later eating noodles, while talking endlessly about the most random things. Erica told her briefly how she ended up in Korea, and Eun Shin had told her about her ex-boyfriends and parents. They turned out to be rather similar to each other, and it was a relief for Erica to notice that Eun Shin did not take the Korean morals all too strict. She had laughed loudly when Erica insisted on calling her Unni when she found out she was older, and she stole a cigarette from her pack, because her's were too deep in her bag, she said. Erica had smiled and given her her lighter too. When they had finished their meal and the day started to turn to night, Eun Shin smiled mischievously.

"What do you say? Do you want to go clubbing with me?" Erica took a quick look at what she was wearing, then she smiled too.

"Only if we first go to my place to change. You can borrow some of my clothes and make up, and then we can go party," she said. Eun Shin clapped her hands and jumped up from her chair.

"Let's go then, what are you waiting for? You don't want to slow down Unni!" She grabbed Erica's hand, and she was gladly dragged away from the convenience store. Only after a few steps, Eun Shin let go of her.

"Eh, which way is it?" She asked. Erica laughed, took her hand again and pointed in the right direction.

"That way, Unni." The two girls kept on chattering and laughing until they reached the dorms, and Eun Shin looked at the big building.

"Omo, Rica, what is this place?" She had already decided to call Erica by that two-syllable name, and she had muttered something about integrating in the Korean society when she was asked why. Erica didn't mind/ 

"This is where I live for now. Well, actually this is where my friend lives, I'm looking for another place."

"Are you insane? I'd kill someone to live here!" Erica giggled.

"Yeah, it's a nice place, but I don't want to be much of a bother." Eun Shin hummed and followed her new friend -whom she liked more than any other friend she had ever had- to the elevator and into the apartment. 

"Noona? Are you back? Baekho stole my-" JR stumbled into the hallway, blushed lightly when he came eye to eye with Eun Shin.

"Annyeonghaseyo," he said quietly.

"Annyeong," Eun Shin said slightly amused.

"What did Baekho steal?" Erica asked while the two girls were taking of their coats.

"His self-esteem!" Baekho yelled from the kitchen, "I beat him in Just Dance." Erica bit her lip not to laugh. JR was considered the best dancer, so being beaten by another member was indeed kind of painful. But then again, it was a videogame, 

"JR, it's just a game, just keep in mind that I reached my Singstar highscores while being drunk. And you know about my musical skills."

"Or the lack of it," she heard Aron mutter.

"I heard that!" The girls walked in, Eun Shin greeted the boys more shyly than Erica had expected. 

"Is this your new friend?" Ren asked excitedly.

"This is Eun Shin."

"Please treat me well," the girl said formally. 

"What are you going to do?" Minhyun asked.

"We are going to prepare, and then we'll take over the world." Eun Shin said, and Erica laughed.

"We're just going to get properly dressed, and then we'll go out."

"Hmm. if you wear skirts, you might actually take over the world," Aron said, "but I'm to tired to come along."

"Who said you were invited?" Erica said before draggin Eun Shin to her room and slamming the door. She heard Aron protest, and she also heard the others laugh at him. She turned to her new friend.

"Let's get ready."