041

Friends, Exes, Lovers, and Life. ( Editing, fxing, etc )

Jiyeon’s POV::

“So you guys are like official now?” IU asked Hyuna. Hyuna nodded.

“Yeah, I mean, I think we are.” She said. She looked at me nervously and I smiled at her. She probably wasn’t used to talking to and hanging with us.

“That’s so sweet! He chased you at the airport and he kissed you asking to give him a chance!” IU held her hands together and then turned to Wooyoung. “Why can’t you do that?”

“What?” He asked.

We were all outside at a park because it was a Saturday. It was me, Joon, Hyuna, IU, and Wooyoung. Suzy still hasn’t talked to me and it has been 3 days. I want to call her but I’m too scared. What if she hates me? I shook off the thoughts and took a sip of my juice. We were all sitting on the grass waiting for Kikwang to show up. We were just going to hang out and have a picnic.

“Jiyeon-ah, is something wrong?” Joon asked.

“Eh? Oh, nothing’s wrong. I’m fine.” I said with a weak smile.

“Are you sure?” Joon asked. I wanted to nod but I couldn’t.

“Why hasn’t Suzy been picking up my calls? Does she hate me or something?” The words just came out of my mouth, without my control what so ever.

“Jiyeon-ah?” Hyuna said.

“If she hates me, what do I do? She’s one of my best friends. I can’t just lose her like that.” My vision was getting blurry but I blinked back my tears.

“Jiyeon-ah, I’m pretty sure she doesn’t hate you. I think she just needs time.” IU said carefully.

“But what if she does?” I asked.

“She won’t. Trust me.” IU said. Everybody nodded. I sighed and got up and walked towards the tree nearby. I rested my back against it.

“Are you OK?” Joon came and sat next to me.

“Yeah, it’s just—it’s just so—ughh. I just wish she answered my phone calls so I can know if she is OK.” I said.

“Why don’t you call her right now?” Joon suggested. I stared at him as he dialed Suzy’s number on my phone. He then handed me my phone. I took a deep breath and put it against my ear. I put on a smile as I heard it ringing but it quickly faded away as I went to voicemail.

“Try calling Yoseob’s number.” Joon suggested.

“I don’t have his number. Besides, it’s no use.” I got up and went to sit with them again. And soon followed Joon.

“Hey everyone!” Kikwang came jogging to us.

“Hi. Everybody mumbled. Once we came, we started eating our homemade sandwiches and talked and talked. It was really fun but I still couldn’t take my mind off of Suzy. Did she really hate me?

Suzy’s POV::

“Yoseob-ah, my phone broke.” I said to Yoseob who was sitting on the couch. He slept over yesterday.

“How did it break?” He asked as he took my phone from my hand.

“I don’t know. It just suddenly died.” I pouted as I opened my water bottle.

“Did you want to go to the phone store to fix it?” Yoseob asked.

“OK!” I said. Then we both got ready and headed to the store.

Jiyeon’s POV::

“Come on! Just go party with us!” Hyuna begged.

“But I have to go to my aunt’s family reunion at the hospital.” I said.

“Come on! Please?” Kikwang asked.

“But-“

“It’d be fun! Come on, you could wear that y dress I bought you!” Joon said.

“But-“ I glanced at their begging faces and sighed. “Fine.”

“Yay! Come on! It’s already 6! We have to get ready and leave at 7!” IU grabbed my hand towards her room.

“I’ll go get your dress at your house.” Joon said as he took my keys.

“Fine. Be quick though.” I said as I got forced onto IU’s chair. Then she started doing my hair and her hair at the same time. I dialed my aunt’s number.

“Jiyeon-ah!” My aunt’s cheerful voice was at the other end.

“I’m really sorry but I can’t make it.” I said.

“Aww, why not? I really want you yo come though.” My aunt said.

“I can’t. I’m sorry. My friends wanted to go have fun and I agreed. But next time I’ll come!” I said as cheerful as I could.

“It’s OK Jiyeon-ah. You go ahead and have fun. You are only a teenager by the way.” My aunt said.

“Really? Gomawo!” I said.

“Jiyeon-ah saranghae. Goodbye, live your life well OK?” My aunt said. What did she mean?

“OK! I love you too.” I said before I hung up.

Once I got my hair done, Joon got back and threw the dress on the bed. My hair was just pulled up and at the tips, it was curled.

“Jiyeon-ah, you look so beautiful!!” Joon said as he came nearer.

Go get ready you pig head.” I snickered at him. He sticks out his tongue as he walked away.

Once we got done, it was already 6:40. I had on my black dress and IU had on a blue dress. Hyuna was wearing red.

We all took the minivan to the 16 and up club. Once we entered it, we found a table in the far corner. We all sat down and looked at the dance floor where people were dancing. Hyuna and Kikwang then stood up and danced. Then we all followed. Once we got to the dance floor, we started dancing. It was really fun and hot.

After a couple dances, we all went back to our table. We all ordered drinks and took pictures. Everything was going fine but things got better when Seung Ho and his girlfriend showed up.

“Hey!” All the guys greeted while doing the boy handshake and then we went back to the dance floor again, ignoring our drinks.

“So what’s your name?” I shouted to Seung Ho’s girlfriend.

“Seo Woo! What’s yours?” She shouted back.

“Jiyeon! Park Jiyeon!” I shouted. She smiled and kept dancing.

“How long have you been dating Seung Ho?” I shouted.

“For about 8 months!” She shouted back. “You’re dating Joon right?”

“Yes!”

“How long?” She asked.

“More or less than a month.” I shouted back.

“Really? But it seems like you guys have been dating for ever!” She shouted.

“I know right?!” We stopped talking and dance more.

When we were done, we went back to our tables and found the drinks sitting there. We all drunk our water/soda/etc and rested. I was so glad that I was able to have fun.

“Jiyeon-ah~ your phone is ringing!” Joon handed me my little hand bag. I looked at the ID and it was my mom. I stood up and walked towards and empty quiet hall.

“Yobasayo?” I asked into the phone.

“Jiyeon?! We’ve been trying to call you forever! Where have you been?” My mom asked.

“I’m out with my friends. Why? What’s wrong? Are you hurt somewhere?” I asked. I could hear my mom’s shaky voice which scared me.

“It’s not me. It’s- it’s your aunt. She died.” My eyes grew wide and I suddenly felt like I couldn’t breathe anymore. I clutched my heart as it pained my whole body, making me numb.

“Jiyeon-shi? Are you there, honey?” My mom said. I couldn’t reply. It was like my voice has disappeared. I made a coughing noise to make sure I was still there. After about a minute or two, I found my voice again. But tears were streaming down my cheeks and my throat felt clogged.

“Wh-when?” I managed to say.

“About an hour ago.” More tears came. My aunt died while I was dancing and having fun. She died while I was enjoying myself. She expected me to be at her party but I didn’t show. I felt so horrible. Oh god, I am horrible. I dropped onto the floor and rested against the wall.

“Why?” I asked.

“She had a heart attack again, sweetie. This time, it was 10 times worse. She couldn’t survive it no matter what.” My mom said. Tears kept coming and coming.

“I- I got to go mom. I’ll- I’ll be over there as soon as I can.” I shut the phone quickly and rested my head on my knees. My aunt died. And I wasn’t there to be with her. Instead, I was here, having fun. And my aunt was dying. I felt so guilty and stupid. I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I have to get out of here. Now. I stood up and walked towards the entrance but stopped as I felt someone’s warm hand pull me.

“Where are you going?” Joon asked. I couldn’t look at him. Not like this.

“Home. I’m sorry I have to go.” I said.

“I’ll- I’ll go with you.” Joon said. I then started walking again and Joon walked besides me. As he noticed my loud silence, he stopped me and turned me so I could face him.

“Jiyeon? What’s wrong?” Joon asked. I felt my tears coming back again and covered my mouth. Joon quickly hugged me.

“What’s wrong? And don’t say nothing.” Joon said as he rubbed my back.

“My- my aunt- my aunt died.” I stuttered.

“What? When?” He asked.

“An hour ago. An hour ago…” Tears were coming again.

“Come on; let’s go to the hospital then.” Joon said. I nodded as we called a cab and went to Joon’s house. I stood outside as he asked his dad for his dad’s car. Once he came out, we then drove to the hospital that was out of town.

Once we got there, we went to the third floor and I ran towards my mom. I started crying again.

“Don’t cry Jiyeon.” My dad said.

“How- how could I not cry? She died. And it’s all- it’s all my fault.” I said.

“It’s not your fault.” Joon said.

“She died while I was partying, having fun. She wanted me here so bad but I didn’t show. I was having fun. And she died.” I repeated.

“It’s not your fault. She just had a heart attack.” My mom said as she my hair. I sat down and looked at the ground.

“I can’t- this can’t be happening.” I whispered. Now you might be thinking I am going crazy, which I think I am too. The doctor then came to my dad and patted him on the shoulder. I stood up and went to him.

“Did she really die? Did my aunt really die?!” I shouted at him.

“She can’t be dead! I was just talking to her before! She can’t die!” I yelled. Joon then grabbed my arms but I swung them back; almost hitting him in the face.

“She can’t be dead. Tell me this is just a dream! She can’t be dead. She can’t…” I yelled. I dropped onto the floor.

“She’s dead isn’t she? She died…” I whispered. “.. and it’s all my fault.”

“It’s not your fault so stop saying that!” My mom shouted.

“It is! It’s all my fault.” I said. My mom then pulled me up from the ground.

“It is not your fault. So please stop saying that.” My mom said.

“But- She died. My aunt died.” I kept repeating. It was all hitting me now. Hard. I started crying again. I felt like a fool because I was crying so much.

“Stop crying.” My dad said. I tried to but I couldn’t. My dad then stood up, came over to me, and slapped me.

“I said stop crying! You’re not the only one who is hurt by this!” My dad shouted. That made me stop crying. I clutched my cheek and stared at his sad eyes.

“Appa…” I whispered.

“Jiyeon-ah, you go home now.” My dad demanded.

“But-“

“Now!” He shouted. I stared at him then I nodded. Joon then pulled me away.

Once we got to his car, I was still holding my cheek.

“Jiyeon-ah, are you OK?” Joon asked once we started the car.

“I’m- I’m fine. I just need to go home.” I said.

“OK.”

Once we got to my house, Joon kissed my cheek and left. I went to my room and sat on my bed. I took my phone and called my aunt’s number. I wanted to see if she was really dead. Once I got it dialed, I put the phone by my ear. I held my breath, hoping for a ring but it lead straight to voice mail. I turned off my phone and pulled on my pajamas. I then lay on my bed and looked into the darkness.

‘Jiyeon-ah saranghae. Goodbye, live your life well OK?’ My aunt said before we hung up. I was confused before why she said the last bit. Then it hit me, she knew. She knew she was going to die soon and that’s why she called a family reunion. That’s why she said she really wanted to see me. This made me feel even guiltier so I turned my side and cried more. I told myself to stop crying or tomorrow, my eyes will be puffed up. But that didn’t stop me. Nothing can stop me at this rate.

 

SORRY FOR DRAGGIN THIS STORY. IT'S JUST THAT IT'S GOING TO END SOON! AND I DONT WANT TO END IT JUST YET. SO IM GOING TO DRAG IT A BIT BEFORE ENDING IT. SO SORRY IF IT IS BOTHERING YOU!!! SO SORRY. DON'T HATE ME PLEASE! ALSO, I HOPED YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. ALSO, PLEASE COMMENT! I love all you readers out there! even you silent readers~