001

Friends, Exes, Lovers, and Life. ( Editing, fxing, etc )

Jiyeon's POV:

'Beep Beep Beep' I quickly wake up once I hear my alarm going off. I glanced at the time and it read 6:34 AM. I got up and went to get ready for school. Getting reading for school included using the bathroom, getting dressed, and eating breakfast. My school requires uniforms. They don't look that bad if you ask me. Once it was 7:20, I left to school. I don't begin till 8:05.

"Mom, I heading to school!" I yelled while stepping outside.

"Bye! Have fun!" My mom said back.

My school wasn't far from here. It's about a 10 minute walk from here. My best friend, Lee Ji Eun, better known as IU, lives down the street. Everyday, I'll stop there and we'll take off together. Once I got to her doorstep, she was waiting for me, chatting on the phone.

"I know! I know! You don't have to say anymore! Ok? I got it! Well, Jiyeon's here now, so I'll see in you in later. K, bye, love you." IU spoke into the cell phone.

"What was that all about?" I asked her as I looked at her cell phone. It was rare to see IU annoyed like this.

"Ahh, you see. Wooyoung keeps telling me to stop making him chocolates or he'll get fat. Isn't that just ridiculous?" IU said. I nodded my head and then we started to laugh. IU's chocolates are amazingly good. Nobody would ever reject it, till now that is.

For the rest 5 minutes, we just walked in silence since there wasnt really much to talk about. Once we got to the gates though, my whole body froze. IU looked at me then turned her head to see what I was staring at. Once shes saw who, she started to laugh. Then she dragged me towards the gate where he was. When we were about a couple foot away, I finally unfroze and walked normally as if nothing happened. My trying to act normal act was working perfectly until we passed him when he suddenly decided to call my name.

"Jiyeon-ah.." Junhyung said in a angel-like way. I slowly turned my head and faced him. Oh my god, he was seriously perfect. Just gazing at him made my knees feel like jelly.

"Y-yes?" I replied nervously.

He gives me his killer smile and says, "Annyeong."

Once he said it, I froze again. You may think I'm overreacting but if you were me, you'd be the same way! IU then nudges me as Im still frozen in spot. Once I realized I hadn't said anything, I quickly said hi in a weak voice, which causes him to smile even more beautifully. Oh my god, just stop smiling, Junhyung. Right when I was about to freeze again, IU pulls me away. Thank goodness for that.

Me and IU has the same classroom. Suzy, our other best friend, is in it too which is pretty damn cool and convinient. Once we got to our classroom, Suzy was already there talking to a few other classmates. As we sit down, IU makes me face her.

"Yah, You need to stop freezing and actually talk to him! It's been 3 months since you started having a crush on him!" IU said as she poked my forehead. IU and Suzy shares a desk together and I share with one of my other friend, Lee Joon. But we'll get to him later.

"Yeah! You got to do something about it, Jiyeon! You can't just stand there and do nothing anymore! It's time to make a move!" Suzy joined into our conversation as she turned to us.

"But shouldn't he make a move first?" I asked. Here, let me tell you something. When it comes to love, I'm not so good. So keep that in mind, ok?

"What? Are you for real? He has! You just freeze up everytime and don't do anything back!" Suzy says with IU nodding.

"Yeah! Can't you see the way he smiles at you?" IU asked. I thought about it for a while and he did smile at me, often too. Why am I so clueless?

"Hey! That's true! But.." I stopped talking when Joon suddenly walked into the classroom. IU and Suzy's head turn as well to look at him. We all just stared at him while he came to take his seat next to me.

Lee joon, the smart geek, is really good looking. He could probably get any girl with his looks but he's kind of a nerd and many people think that's a turn off. Im not saying that no girls are after him because there are some, but not much. I, personally, don't care if he''s a nerd or not. I don't even consider him as a nerd. I consider him as a very good looking and smart boy. And that's the reason why I fell for him. Here, let me tell you what happened.

We became friends about 2 years ago. I never really looked at Joon as a man but then one day, I just woke up and realized I was in love with Joon; with his smartness and his looks. During the days that go by, I would always give him some sort of signal. Like a dance for example. I would ask who's he's going with and say that I'm not going with anyone and stuff like that, trying to give him some hints that I want him to ask me. But he would never return my signals for whatever reason. So I had the thought that maybe he doesn't like me. After so many signals, he finally says to me in these exact words: "Jiyeon, I think it's the best for us if we stay close friends. Ok?" Then I stupidly agreed, not revealing my feelings. Up till now, we are really close friends, closer than 2 years ago. The only difference now is that I try to stop send him signals. I still like him alot but I don't show it as much anymore. So since he suggested we stay close friends, I would always tell him about my life and others things. Even people I like sometimes. And still, he doesn't do anything. So it's a one-sided love, I guess.

Suzy and IU knows this situation as well since we tell each other everything. So they understand everything that I feel.

Once Joon hears our loud silence, he slowly faces us and gives me a questioning look. I looked at the girls then back at him, clearing my throat to try to make it not seem awkward.

"Ah, Joon, annyeong." IU says. He waves then he opens up his book and started to study. We all know that we can't say anymore because we still don't know exactly how Joon fels about me and it's kind of weird to talk about gathering up my strength to talk to Junhyung in front of him. So I face forward and take out my cell and texted them.

To: IU, Suzy
From: Jiyeon
Sub: No Subject
We'll continue this later, ok?

They both replied with a yes. I sighed as the teacher walked in and the class started.

Later at lunch, we three decided to go to the food stand to eat some dukbokki. I help my plate and ate the dukbokki happily. It made me happy that I had food. While eating, our topic from before comes up again.

"Jiyeon, I swear to god, if you keep freezing if front of him, then I'll do the talking to Junhyung and I'm not so sure you want to let me say the things I wanna say." IU says. Suzy nodded with IU's words.

"Yeah, you gotta be a big girl now!" Suzy says. After taking in another piece of dukbokki, I sighed then nodded. I know that I should probably become less shy when talking to Junhyung but I couldnt help it. It was like talking to an idol, someone famous. You get all choked up and you feel somewhat sick.

"But IU, you need to help me ok?" I asked. IU nodded as we finished our dukbokki. We threw away the plates and starts walking on the sidewalk, side by side.

As we're walking, talking about random things, Suzy suddenly asks me something that I had no answer to. "Jiyeon, who do you like more? Joon or Junhyung?" I stopped walking and thought for a while, not really sure how to respond to this. I looked around and spotted Joon sitting under a tree staring at me in a dreamy way, which I don't understand at all because I thought he didn't like me. I quickly broke the gaze and looks ahead and then next thing I knew, Junhyung was walking up to me with that beautiful smile of his.