021

Friends, Exes, Lovers, and Life. ( Editing, fxing, etc )

Jiyeon’s POV::

Afterschool, I headed towards the park. Once I got there, no one was there. I looked around to see where Joon was but I couldn’t spot him anywhere. I went and sat on a swing and took out my phone.

-IU-shi, where did you go afterschool?- I texted IU.

I looked up and looked around: no sign of Joon yet. I went through my blue MCM backpack, and took out my notebook. I started to scribble in it but then felt my phone vibrate. I checked it and it was a reply from IU.

-I went straight home. Sorry I left first. I didn’t want to see Wooyoung-

-OK-

I went back to my scribbling. I wasn’t really concentrating on my scribbling because I was still looking for Joon but once I looked down at my notebook, I realized I had scribbled Joon’s name over and over again. Embarrassed, I closed my notebook and tucked it away. Then I stood up and looked at my watch: it has been 10 minutes.

I got bored and sat down again, surfing the net on my touch phone. Nothing interesting has happened online. I locked my phone and lifted my head up, looking for Joon again. Nothing. Hrm, what was taking him so long? I took out my phone and texted Joon.

-Where are you?-

-Close your eyes and count to three and turn around and I’ll be there!-

I closed my eyes and counted to three slowly. One….. two…. three…. I turned around and there Joon was smiling, hiding his left hand. I stood up and smiled too.

“Sorry for taking so long, Jiyeon-ah.” Joon said. He slowly approached me and sits down on one of the swing. Then he took out his hand which held a bright red rose. I smiled brighter. Then he hands me the flower.

“Jiyeon-ah, I want you to know that I think you are wonderful, amazing…. and beautiful.” Joon said. I stared at him.

“Jiyeon-ah, the reason why I asked you to come over here is because I want to ask you something.”

“Yes?” I asked. My heart was beating so fast that I thought it was going to jump out. I kept staring at him.

“Could we- could we be more than friends?” Joon asked shyly. I grinned and just stared at him. This proves that he really does like me. Then it hit me, he was asking me to be his girlfriend. He was asking me to be his girlfriend! AHHHH.

“Jiyeon?” Joon asked me sense I haven’t given him an answer yet.

“Jiyeon??” Joon asked again.

“Uhm, wait, did you just asked me to be your girlfriend? Or are you asking me if I want to be your best friend?” I asked him.

“Oh. I meant best friend.” Joon said. Then I stopped smiling.

“Just kidding! No really, I want you to be my girlfriend.” Joon said with a smile.

“Really? But I thought you didn’t like me, you know, that way.” I said.

“When did I ever say that I didn’t like you that way?” Joon asked me.

“Last time when you suggested to just being friends.” I said.

“Oh, oh yeah but Jiyeon, I lied. This whole time, I-“ Joon stopped himself.

“’This whole time I’ what?” I asked eagerly.

“Nothing.” Joon said quickly.

“Tell me Joon. ‘This whole time I’ what?” I asked again. Joon looks at me.

“Jiyeon, can you just shut up and say yes?” Joon asks me.

“Oh, yeah, I forgot. Uhm.. Yes!” I said with a bright smile. Joon smiles.

“So uhm.. does this mean that we are, uhm dating?” I ask.

“Duh, you dummy.” Joon says to me. Then he stands up.

“Where are you going?” I asked. He sighed and turned around to face me.  I also stood up. Joon just keeps on looking at me and I keep looking at him too. Then within two seconds, he gently grabs my face and kisses me on the cheek. I was shocked but one I realized he was kissing my cheek, I smiled.

Then we both departed and went to sit on our swings. We sat in silence for a while.

“Jiyeon-ah. Before we officially announce that we are dating, I want to know something.” Joon said to me. I looked at him.

“Do you still like Junhyung?” Joon asks me. I smiled and stared ahead.

“No. We both settled things and it went well, I guess.” I said. I wanted to ask him if he was over Hyuna but I didn’t because then it would get awkward. And what do you know; Hyuna just appears right in front of us after I think this.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hyuna’s POV::

Afterschool, I looked everywhere for Joon but he just disappeared. I asked around and no one knew where he was too. I was starting to get worried. But then I remembered something. On the note the Joon gave Jiyeon, it wrote something about meeting him afterschool. Once I realized this, I went to their park but then got lost. I only had been there one time before. I kept walking around, hoping to find the park soon. After about 15 minutes, I finally found it but Joon and Jiyeon were there already. Worried, I went up to them. Once Jiyeon saw me, she stared at me. I looked away quickly and stared at Joon instead. Once he sees me, he’s sort of surprised.

“Hyuna?” Joon asks.

“Joon, why did you disappear all of a sudden?” I asked him.

“I had something to do.” He replied. I looked at Jiyeon and she was just staring at me.

“Uhm, are you busy right now?” I asked him. He turns to look at Jiyeon and then back at me.

“Yeah, I am.” Joon says. I was sort of surprised. He never said no to me before.

“When are you going to be not busy?” I asked him.

“Uhm, I don’t know yet.” Joon said. This was going nowhere so I just stared at them. There was something up with them.

“Ok, I have to get going now.” I said quickly and left.

I went and hid behind a nearby shack. I sat down and leaned against the shack. Was Joon dating Jiyeon? But we said that we’ll date each other when we are grown up. Why was he going back on his words? I turned to look at them and they were smiling at each other. This broke my heart. I got up and started to walk away. My vision was getting blurred and I stopped walking. I dropped to the floor and cried. How can he do this to me? How could he just change? What have I ever done to deserve this? Was this what you called karma? If this was the bad karma, then where is my good karma at? Why hasn’t my good karma show up? If I knew I wasn’t getting good karma, I would have never tattled. I would have never said a word to anyone. But I did. Is this what I get for trying to do good?

----------------------------------------------

Jiyeon’s POV::

Once Hyuna left, we were speechless again. We did not expect her to show up. I turned to Joon and he looked at me too.

“Can I see your notebook now?” I asked him.

“No.” Joon replied.

“Why not? I’m your girlfriend now.” I said. Once I said that, Joon smiled.

“So?” I asked. He sighed and opened his backpack and handed me his notebook. I slowly reached for his notebook and snatched it away. I smiled and opened it. I quickly flipped through it and saw that there were poems and drawing. I kept flipping through them and stopped at one page. It was a drawing of Joon kissing me. Once I saw it, I started to laugh. Joon looked over to see what I was looking at and once he saw it, he blushed.

“You drew you kissing me? Ahahah!” I laughed.

“Yah! Don’t make fun of me!” Joon yelled.

“ahahhahaha! You are too funny Joon.” I stared at it again and smiled.

“Now I know you meant it when you said that you wanted to kiss me.” I said. Joon just looks at me. After about 10 seconds of staring at each other, I closed his book.

“Well then. I am going to keep this for one night and I’ll give it back to you tomorrow, alright?” I asked. Joon widened his eyes.

“Anni! You can’t!” Joon protested.

“Please?” I asked. Joon just stares at me, looking ready to give up.

“Anni, anni, you can’t.” Joon says.

“Please? If you let me borrow it for one night, I will… I will…” I tried thinking of something to bribe him with.

“You will go on a proper date with me.” Joon says. Wait, that sounded too easy but I just smiled.

“Fine then. I will go on a proper date with you.” I said. Why was this suggestion so easy?

“When should we go on our date?” Joon asked me.

“On Saturday.” I said.

“But that’s…” He counted with his fingers, “5 days away!”

“Well then, you’ll just have to wait buddy.” I said.

“I’m not your buddy, I’m your boyfriend.” Joon said. I smiled at him and tucked his notebook into my backpack. I looked at my watch and it was 5.

“Joon, I have to get going now or my mom will get worried.” I said.

“Aww, really?” Joon put on a sad face.

“Yes really. Joon, I’ll see you tomorrow, OK?” I said. Joon nodded and I got up. I picked up my backpack and Joon stood up. Once I got my backpack on my back, Joon comes up to me and hugs me. Startled, I froze.

“Jiyeon. I just want you to know that I’m really happy that you agreed to be my girlfriend.” He said. I unfroze and hugged him too.

“Joon-ah, I’m glad you asked me to be your girlfriend.” I said back. I could feel Joon smile. He let go of me and kissed my forehead. I waved to him and left.

While walking home, I kept smiling. Joon had asked me out. Everything was going to be fine after all. Once I got to my house, Hyuna was at my gates, waiting for me. I stared at her. How did she know where I lived? I slowly approached and she turned to me. Her eyes looked red and ready. But ready for what?

 

 

OKEY DOKEY. I hoped you guys liked this chapter. It was sort of short, my apologies. But I'll update soon. Maybe in a couple of hours. ^^ OH YEAH, PLEASE COMMENT!!