020

Friends, Exes, Lovers, and Life. ( Editing, fxing, etc )

 

Jiyeon’s POV::

At 6, I went to the mall to meet up with Cheondung and Mir. I texted Cheondung where he was and he said that he was at the food court and so I went to the food court. Once I got there, I found them. I walked up to them awkwardly. I never really talked to them before; just greetings and basic stuff like what are you doing. Once I got up to them, they signaled for me to sit.

“So Jiyeon, what did you want?” Cheondung asked.

“You said you’ve known Joon for 5 years, right?” I asked him. He looked at Mir and nodded at me.

“And so I’m guessing that you guys tell each other everything?” I asked again. He nodded again too.

“Well, do you guys know Hyuna?” I asked.

“Yeah, we do.” Cheondung said.

“What do you know about her?” I asked.

“Well, she and Joon dated 3 years ago and then they broke up because of something,” Cheondung explained.

“Because they said they weren’t ready and that they’ll date later when they get older.” Cut in Mir.

“Yeah, and then she did something, a mistake, and then she went to study abroad.” Cheondung explained.

“To the states.” Mir said.

“And she told Joon that she’ll probably never meet him again.” Cheondung said.

So, Joon and Hyuna dated? 3 years ago? And then the mistake, it caused her to go abroad and Hyuna went abroad because of me, because she bullied me. Because of me, she went abroad and told Joon she’ll never meet him again. It all makes sense now.

“Do you know what the mistake was?” I asked them. The both shook their head.

“Joon doesn’t too.” Mir said. So nobody knew that Hyuna was a bully.

“Oh ok. Thanks.” I said then got up and left. Once I got to my car, I started taking in all the information. Joon and Hyuna dated. And now she is back and she is after Joon. And they told each other that they’ll date in the future, when they are all grown up. And guess what, they seem to be grown up now. I bowed my head and took deep breaths. Why was this happening to me? Why can’t I just like Joon with any problems? Then I got a text from IU.

-Jiyeon, can you come over right now?-

-Sure-

Then I drove to her house. Once I got there, IU opened to door for me. Once she saw me, she hugged me and I hugged her back. Once she let go, I noticed that she has been crying.

“IU-shi, what’s wrong?” I asked her. She signaled for me to come up to her room. Once we got to her room, we sat down on the bed.

“Wooyoung, he- he said maybe we should take - take – take a break.” IU sobbed. I hugged her again.

“Wooyung suggested taking a break?” I asked and she nodded.

“Why?” I asked. She sat up and took deep breaths.

“I don’t know why. I just told him that maybe we shouldn’t hang out too much or his family will get annoyed because his sister is annoyed already then he just said maybe we should take a break.” IU said quickly.

“I’m so sorry IU. I don’t think he meant it.” I said to her. IU started to cry again. I patted her head.

“It’s going to be ok. You guys will find a way to solve this problem like you guys always do.” I said.

“You think?” IU asked.

“I know. I mean, you and Wooyoung are soul mates so of course fate will work its ways.” I said.

“Thanks Jiyeon, for being here.” IU said to me.

“It’s alright IU. I’m glad to be here for you.” I said.

On Monday, when we went to school, IU was still sad. We called Suzy up on Saturday and told her what happened so she was with us too. Once we got to the classroom, we all sat down. I turned around and noticed that she was rubbing her ring. Then she takes it off and puts it in her pocket.

“Why’d you take it off?” I asked her.

“If Wooyoung says to take a break, then that means I’m single for right now right? Then no need to wear a ring.” She said to me. I looked at her and she looks so sad. I’ve never really seen her this sad before.

“Jiyeon.” I heard Joon say my name and I turned around. Once I saw him, he smiled and sat down. Then he digs for something in his pocket and hands me a folded note. I give him a questioning look and he just smiled brighter. I looked at him weirdly and then Hyuna comes into class.

“Joon-ah! Are you finished looking inside the box?” Hyuna asks him, not noticing me. Joon then takes out a box and hands it to her.

“Yeah. I forgot all those things happened.” Joon said. I bet that the box had to do with the past.

“What’s that?” I asked Joon. He turns to look at me. I glance at Hyuna and gives me and evil smile. ‘Great memories’ she mouthed.

“Uhm, it’s a box.” He says. I raise one of my eyebrows. Was he really going to hide that they dated from me? I just smiled and looked away. It was heart breaking to see that they actually had proof that they dated. I crumple the note he gives me in my hand. What he said on Saturday, calmed me down though.

Later at lunch, I saw Junhyung. Once he saw me, he smiled and I smiled at him. Once I got to the trashcan, my note slipped out of my hand and fell in the trashcan but I didn’t notice it until I saw Hyuna looking at it with a shocked face.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyuna’s POV::

“Excuse me Hyuna?” I looked up and saw Jiyeon.

“Ye- yes?” I said.

“Can I have that back?” Jiyeon asked me.

“Why? It’s not yours.” I said. I didn’t want to give it to her because I knew that Joon drew this for her and I was jealous.

“Yes it is. My name is even on it.” She points to the side facing her. I looked at and there it was, her name. I quickly crumpled it up.

“Give it back Hyuna.” Jiyeon asked. Then I threw the note at her.

“Take it then.” I said.

“Thanks.” She says and turns around. After a couple steps, she turns back and looks at me.

“Hyuna, why do you have to be so mean? You sound almost like a bully, wait no, I take that back. You are a bully.” Jiyeon then stares at me with these piercing eyes and I walk away slowly. Does she know already? If she knew, then would that mean that Joon knows? Will Jiyeon tell Joon?

---------------------------------------------------

Jiyeon’s POV::

Being a bully to someone who bullied you in the past feels good but yet bad. I mean you feel great because of revenge but then yet you feel guilty. I sighed and opened up the note and once I saw it, I was shocked. Joon has given me the picture he drew of me. I observed carefully and he got almost every detail correct. How creepy. I looked down and spotted a side note. ‘Jiyeon, are you feeling better? If so, I just want you to know that you are wonderful. And by the way, meet me at our park after school!’ I looked behind the word wonderful because it looked like there was another word. I kept looking at it and it was beautiful. He wrote beautiful but crossed it out and put wonderful. I smiled and went to go look for Joon. I spotted him under a tree. I ran up to him and he looked surprised.

“Joon-ah, thank you so much for this picture!” I said to him and he smiled.

“There’s plenty more.” Joon says.

“What?” I ask.

“Nothing. Anyways, I’m hoping to see you after school.” He gets up and winks at me. Then he leaves. Oh my, his wink is making me melt.

 

OK! I hoped you enjoyed this one! AND REMEMBER, COMMENT!!