024

Friends, Exes, Lovers, and Life. ( Editing, fxing, etc )

 

Jiyeon’s POV::

3 more days until my date with Joon, I thought first when I woke up. I got up and went to get ready for school. At 7:30, I went to go pick up IU. IU came out of her house with a sad looking face.

“IU-shi, what’s wrong? Are you not feeling good? Are you sick?” I asked her. She nodded her head.

“I am lovesick, Jiyeon. I miss Wooyoung like crazy and we aren’t even talking now! It’s been about… Jiyeon, what day is today?” IU asks me.

“It’s a Wednesday.” I said.

“It’s been about 4 days since we took a break! Jiyeon-shi, how long is a break?” IU asked me.

“I- I don’t know, IU-shi.” I replied.

“I don’t know either. Jiyeon-ah, I miss Wooyoung so much! What do I do?” IU asks.

“IU-shi, I think you either have to talk to him or wait.” I said.

“I’ve been waiting too long though! And he’s the one who said we should take a break. What if his meaning of break means a month? I am so not going to talk to him and be embarrassed. And who knows, I might ended up crying. You know, my tears aren’t dried up yet. But what if I have to be the one who has to talk first? Ahh, I’m going crazy Jiyeon-ah.” IU says. I just look at her.

“Whatever. So Jiyeon, what does Joon mean when he says ‘proper’ date?” IU asks me.

“I don’t know. What do you think it means?” I said.

“Hrm.. I’m not sure too. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.” IU says.

“IU-shi, when should we tell Suzy?” I asked.

“I don’t know. We have to tell her soon but just not that soon.” IU said. I nod my head. I have no idea how Suzy would react. I mean, Suzy is an understandable person. She understands a lot of things and meanings but would she understand this? Urgh, what if she hates me forever?

Once we got to the gate, IU grabbed onto my arm and rested her head onto my shoulder. I looked ahead and saw that Wooyoung was there, talking with some people. I held onto IU’s hand and walked past Wooyoung. While passing Wooyoung, his desperate gaze made me look back at him. He nodded towards IU (asking if she was OK) but I shook my head. Then he bowed his head and sighed. Then I walked towards my classroom. Once we got in, IU finally raised her head and went to sit down in her chair and I went to sit in mine.

Joon wasn’t here yet. I opened up my bag and took out his notebook. I still haven’t returned it to him, but hey, he didn’t ask for it back. I have looked through this notebook for more than 5 times. It had a lot of drawing in it: drawing of me, me and my friends, and even Joon himself. There was this one drawing where Joon was dressed up like a bad boy. It really suited him though. And there were poems, of course. Oh yeah, can’t forget those little random doodles too. I could tell why this notebook was so special to him. It was so beautiful.

“Hey, I forgot that you had that.” I heard Joon said. Once I heard his voice, I turned to look at him.

“You never asked for it back.” I said.

“Hrm… true. Can I have it back?” Joon asked me. I slowly hand it to him.

“Thank you.” Joon said with a smile.

“So Joon, did you finish your homework?” I asked him.

“Did you?” He asked back. I shake my head.

“Jiyeon, you got to start doing your homework!” Joon said to me.

“I know, I know but it’s too hard!” I said back.

“Well then, let’s have a study date.” Joon said.

“A study date?” I asked.

“Yes, a study date.” Joon said.

“Oh. OK. But Joon-ah, how many ‘dates’ are you planning? I mean, we still have to wait until Saturday for our first date and now you’re already planning out next date.” I said.

“A lot.” Joon says. I smiled at him.

“So, when is this study date of ours?” I asked.

“Hrm… how about….”

“How about Sunday?” I asked.

“Sunday? Sure!” Joon smiled. Then the teacher came in and Joon reached for my hand under our desk.

--------------------------------------------------------

IU’s POV::

At lunch break, Suzy was with me everywhere. She told me that I and Jiyeon were more important than Yoseob and that made me smile. We were sitting on a bench when I spotted Wooyoung. He was with his friend, Nichkhun and Nichkhun’s girlfriend, Victoria. I really missed Wooyoung. I want to hear his voice again, see his lovely smile again, hug him again, and kiss him again. This ’break’ was killing me. Wooyoung saw me and looked at me and I turned away quickly. After about a minute or two, I look back. He is smiling with his friends. My gaze falls onto his hand and I saw something shine. I focused more and saw that it was the ring. He was still wearing the ring. This made me happy. It meant that a ‘break’ didn’t mean breaking up. It meant that a break was just a break.

----------------------------------------------

Junhyun’s POV::

I haven’t asked out Hara yet but I will soon. The reason why I didn’t ask her out yet is because I’m too shy. What if she rejects me? But wait, that’s not going to happen because I can tell that she likes me. I just don’t know when or where I should ask her out. And I can’t wait anymore. I need to ask her out soon. While walking around at lunch, I couldn’t think of anything but a double date. But, who should we have a double date with? Hrm.. Yoseob and Suzy or Jiyeon and Joon? I think it would be more interesting if I asked Jiyeon and Joon. Then I went around, looking for Jiyeon. I didn’t find her anywhere and decided to go to her homeroom.

Once I got there, she was with Yoseob. What was she doing with Yoseob? Before I entered the classroom, Yoseob left. Confused, I entered and Jiyeon saw me.

“Junhyung?” Jiyeon asked.

“Hi... What were you doing with Yoseob?” I asked.

“Oh, uhm… he was wondering where Suzy went and I, uh, told him that she was with IU.” Jiyeon said.

“Oohh, so Jiyeon, are you busy on Saturday?” I asked.

“Yeahh..”

“How about Sunday?” I asked.

“Yeah..”

“Oh, uhm... How about Friday?” I asked.

“Friday? I don’t have any plans on Friday. Why?” Jiyeon asked.

“Oh! That’s good! I was wondering if you wanted to go on a double date.” I said with a smile.

“A double date?” Jiyeon asked.

“Yeah, you and Joon and me and Hara. But if you don’t want to go, then it’s totally fine.” I said.

“Oh, no. That would be awesome!” Jiyeon said with a bright beautiful smile. Then Joon came in the room.

“OK, I’ll, uhh, I’ll text you about it.” I said and left. Then I texted Hara.

-Hara, how would you like to go on a double date?-

------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyeon’s POV::

For lunch break, I was alone. Hyuna has taken Joon with her for a while and I was all alone. I went into my homeroom, which was empty. I went into my seat and pulled out a magazine. Then I heard someone come in. Thinking it was Joon, I turned around with a smile. But, it was not Joon, it was Yoseob. My smile faded away.

“Oh, Jiyeon. Hi.” Yoseob said. I smiled weakly.

“Hi.”

“Uhm... What are you doing here all alone?” Yoseob asks me.

“Uhm… I’m just..(I look at my magazine).. reading my magazine.” I said.

“Oh. Do you know where Suzy went?” Yoseob asked.

“Isn’t she with IU?” I asked.

“Oh, oh yeah. I forgot. Uhm… so, did Suzy tell you?” Yoseob asked.

“Tell me what?” I asked.

“That we are going to the amusement park for our date.” Yoseob said.

“And..?” I asked.

“Well, don’t you remember? Our first date was at the amusement park.” I just stared at him.

“You don’t remember? You don’t remember when we won half the games there? And then we got this huge teddy bear that was holding a unicorn? And then we thought ‘Why is this bear holding a unicorn’?” Yoseob says. I felt sad because how could I move on when Yoseob clearly hasn’t?

“Yeah… I do remember. And then we had cotton candy but then we accidently spilled our drink all over on it and so it melted.” I said.

“So you remember.” Yoseob says with a bright smile: the smile that had made me fell for him. His smile made me smile. After realizing that I was smiling with Yoseob, I turned away quickly.

“So uh, Jiyeon-ah. I heard you’re dating Joon now.” Yoseob says. I turned to look at him and his smile was fading.

“Yeah. Uhm, Yoseob, don’t- don’t be all sad, OK?” I said awkwardly.

“What do you mean?” Yoseob asks.

“Don’t be sad. You’re dating Suzy now and so you should be happy. OK?” I said.

“Oh, of course and I’m not sad.” Yoseob says.

“I- uh- I have to get going now.” Yoseob says. I waved and he left.

Then Junhyung enters and asks if we could have a double date, me and Joon, him and Hara. I agreed to it and then he left. Then Joon comes in. Wow, the three guys that I have liked/like have come into this room one after another. Good thing they didn’t all come in all at once or there would have been a long awkward silence.

“What was Junhyung doing here?” Joon asks me while taking his seat.

“What are you doing here? Didn’t you go with Hyuna to wherever she wanted to go?” I asked.

“Yeah but then I came back because I missed you so much.” Joon said with a smile.

“Ha. Ha. Anyways, Junhyung asked if we could double date and I agreed.” I told Joon.

“Is his girlfriend Hara?” Joon asks me. Once he said that, I got surprised.

“What? How do you know her?” I asked.

“She’s my childhood friend.” Joon said.

“Ohh... Well, I don’t think they are dating.” I said.

“Oh, right. Hara didn’t mention that yet.” Joon said.

“You- you keep contact with her?” I asked and Joon nodded.

“Umm, when did they, uh, meet?” I asked smiling weakly.

“Uhm, I think they met when we went to the theaters.” Joon said. I thought for a while. When we went to the theaters? Wait, the same day that Junhyung stood me up? So he went to go see Hara? Is that why he stood me up? Ugh, this was sad news to me. I covered my face with my hands.

“Jiyeon-ah, are you OK?” Joon asks me and I nod.

“I see. Well, we have our double date on Friday.” I said.

“Wow, on Friday, we have a date. On Saturday, we have a date. And on Sunday, we have a date. Mind as well have date everyday right?” Joon said with a smile.

“You wish.” I said while laughing.

 

PLEASE COMMENT^^