039

Friends, Exes, Lovers, and Life. ( Editing, fxing, etc )

Yoseob’s POV::

Wednesday was just too unexpected. I tried calling Suzy multiple times but she didn’t pick up. She already skipped yesterday and since she’s not here today, I was getting worried. Today’s a Friday and word on the street is that Hyuna is leaving today after school. I went to school by myself that morning. Once I got to school, I went to Suzy’s homeroom but Suzy wasn’t there. I saw Jiyeon and quickly fled the scene.

I took out my phone and texted Suzy.

TO: Suzy
FR: Yoseob
SUB: no sub
Suzy, where are you??

I sent the text while heading towards my homeroom.

Jiyeon’s POV::

Joon came to pick me up this morning. Once we started walking towards the school, Joon must’ve felt the awkward atmosphere.

“What’s wrong, Jiyeon-shi?” Joon asked. I stared ahead.

“Jiyeon?” Joon asked.

“Why?” I finally said.

“Why what?” I let go of Joon’s hand.

“Why are you being so nice to me? Why are you acting like nothing happened yesterday?” I asked. I forced myself to look at him.

“What? Jiyeon-ah, what happened yesterday will never affect how I feel about you. The way I feel about you, nothing can change it.” Joon said. I remained silent.

“Jiyeon-ah, just because your past was brought up, nothing changes between you and me.” Joon said. Joon then grabbed my hand and continued to walk.

Once we got to school, we both went into our room in silence. Hyuna was there but was busily talking to some girls.

We both sat down in our seats and I turned around. Suzy wasn’t here. While I was turning around, I spotted Yoseob by the door. When I turned back around, he was gone.

“Jiyeon-ah. Don’t be sad.” Joon said, reaching for my hand. I looked at him.

“I’m not sad.” I said.

“Don’t be mad.” Joon said.

“I’m not mad.” I said.

“Be glad.” Joon said with a smile.

“I am glad. I’m glad that I know you love me.” I said. Joon then leaned in but then stopped himself. He pointed to my chest.

“There’s something on your shirt.” He said. I looked down and then he lightly flicked my chin. Then he laughed.

“No seriously, there is something.” He said while pointing. I looked down again and then he flicked my chin again.

“Yah!” I said.

“OK, OK. But I am for real this time. It looks like a stain.” I sighed and looked down again. Instead of flicking my chin, he got a hold of my chin and lifted it up. Then he leaned in and kissed me.

Once we departed, I stared at him.

“Do I know you?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“When have you ever learned these kinds of things? You are a nerd! Nerds don’t know this stuff.” I said.

“I’ve been wanting to do this for a while, Jiyeon. Like, 2 years ago?” Joon grinned.

“2 years ago?” I asked. He nodded.

“Wait, you liked me two years ago?” I asked.

“Of course. I liked you ever since I met you.” Joon said.

“But- but you suggested we just be friends.” I said.

“Yeah because I thought you didn’t like me. I thought that if I told you I liked you, you’d think I’m some weird geek and ignore me.” Joon said. My jaw dropped and I stared at him.

“What? You don’t believe me?” He asked. I quickly grabbed his head and kissed him. Hard.

“You’d never guess how long I wanted to do that. 2 years ago, to be exact.” I whispered after kissing him. Joon grinned. 10 minutes later, the teacher came in and started class.

Hyuna’s POV::

These girls came up to talk to me. They asked why I was going back and stuff like that. After we finished talking, I turned around and saw Jiyeon and Joon kissing. My heart stopped. Then it started beating really fast and my face was burning. I quickly turned around and faced the front. I looked at the time; there was still 13 minutes left.

I got up and left the room. I ran toward an empty hallway and dropped on the floor. Don’t cry, don’t cry. I told myself. Oh no, tears were coming down. Don’t blink, don’t blink. I then felt someone’s arm over me. I looked up and saw Kikwang. He had his arm around my shoulders but he was looking forward.

“Don’t cry.” Kikwang said. I quickly wiped my tears away.

“What?” I asked. Kikwang faced me.

“Don’t cry. I don’t like it when you cry.” Kikwang said.

“What?” I asked again.

“Hyuna, do you know how much I like you? I liked you ever since I saw you hanging with Joon. I liked your smile, your shyness, your voice, and everything in between.” Kikwang said.

“You-you like me?” I stuttered. Kikwang nodded.

“I want you to give me a chance.” Kikwang said.

“But I’m going back today.” I said.

“Then don’t go. Stay. Stay here with me.” Kikwang said. He then leaned in and I closed my eyes. Right when I could feel his breath on my lips, the warning bell rang and we departed. Kikwang helped me up. He held my cheek.

“Please think about it, Hyuna. There isn’t much time left.” Kikwang said. Then he turned around and left. Even though he disappeared out of my sight, I could still feel his warmth against my cheek. I smiled weakly and headed towards the class.

Narrator’s POV::

After school, Yoseob went to Suzy’s house and ringed the doorbell like crazy. Suzy opened it and looked at him. Then she shut the door and leaned against it. Yoseob banged on it again.

“Don’t go Suzy. Don’t… Suzy, I’m sorry! I’m sorry for everything.” Yoseob shouted. Suzy felt her tears coming back again. She didn’t get why Yoseob was saying sorry. He did nothing wrong. Yet it feels as if he did. Suzy pulled her knees hair and hugged them.

“Suzy… Suzy. Please, please open the door.” Yoseob’s voice started to quivered.

Suzy got up and ran to her room. She sat on her bed and stared at the photo on her night stand. This made no sense, she thought. Yoseob never did anything wrong. He dated Jiyeon in the past and now he’s back, that’s it. He didn’t even ty to seduce Jiyeon or anything. Nothing was his fault. Suzy felt bad now. She was about to run downstairs when she heard music coming from her window. She walked to her window and saw Yoseob holding a stereo. She smiled.

“Suzy-shi! Saranghae!!!” Yoseob screamed. Then he plugged in a microphone and started singing a song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGQCdwnuQjs)

“sigani heureugo heulleoseo apeumi chueogi doel ttaemyeon nareul saranghaesseotdeon geu mameuro doraol su itdamyeon I’m sorry girl I’m sorry girl I’m sorry girl I’m sorry girl I’m sorry girl I’m sorry girl” He sung. I smiled. His voice was so beautiful. I quickly turned around and ran downstairs. I opened the door and ran and hugged him.

“I’m so sorry, Yoseob.” I said, panting. “I’m sorry for not understanding you. I’m sorry for ignoring you. I’m sorry for everything.”

Yoseob hugged me back. “It’s OK, Suzy. I’m sorry too.” Yoseob said. Yoseob then kissed me.

Narrator’s POV::

Hyuna took the cab to the airport. She was leaving in 20 minutes. Her parents were too busy to take her. She sat on the chair, waiting for her plane to be called. She sat there thinking: should I really go? Is this really the right thing to do? I could always stay and be with Kikwang. But, are his words true? Kikwang sounded truthful and Joon even said that Kikwang liked me. Hyuna sighed. She shouldn’t think too much.

There was 10 minutes left and she got up and went to go grab some coffee. Once she got her coffee, she went back to sitting down. Was no one really going to wish me a safe trip? Or even a goodbye? She thought.

“Hyuna!” Hyuna turned around and saw Joon, Jiyeon, IU, and Kikwang running over.

“What’s going on?” Hyuna asked. 

 

Hi! I was going to write more but I thought maybe I wrote too much. And so I stopped with a cliff hanger! COMMENT. AND ENJOY.