Should have known

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all felt like some horrific dream; Jongin had done something stupid, you’d done something stupid. Exo M were far away…and Lee Taemin…something…or someone had told you to stay away from Lee Taemin…

…And India was here.

Yes, this definitely was a dream.

But…why were you hurting people? And how were people able to hurt you?

….. ‘Wakeeee upppp.’ A voice curtly whispered in your ear.

It felt like you had been under water. The sound was far off, bubbling in the distance…

But as something, someone moved you ever so slightly…you got closer, nearer to the surface. The words could be understood more clearly, the sound of it was difficult to pinpoint-

You opened your eyes ever so slightly, seeing a fuzzy figure in front of your face.

‘Wha-‘ You murmured, evidently discombobulated.

What?

‘You look so cute when you sleep.’ That oddly familiar voice stated.

You’d heard those same words before, but they had come from a different mouth...

Your eyes flung open in disbelief;

‘India.’ You mumbled in awe.  

The girl sat on your bed looking excited.

Oh my-

She was actually here.

None of this was a dream.

‘I’M SO GLAD YOU’RE HERE.’ You blurted out, tumbling into her and almost causing the both of you to fall off the bed in your excitement.

‘Me too weirdo~’ She giggled, hugging you back enthusiastically.

You kept your eyes open, wanting to make sure while you hugged her, that this was all real.

I really needed you now more than ever.

You couldn’t say it even if you were gagging to.

She wouldn’t understand. And you didn’t need to tell her just how much you were cracking.

She was a piece of home.

A memory from a different life before all of…this.

‘So what’s the schedule today?’ She asked, eyes peering over to your phone where it buzzed from messages, most likely from work.

‘I know Luhan’s got another dance practice for Maxstep. What were you thinking of doing?’ You replied, checking your phone screen and pondering the day’s agenda.

‘Well I get to come into headquarters when you come in too. I’ll get my badge assigned to me.’ India puffed out, pointing a location on her chest where a badge would probably be.

You checked your messages, they were from Manager Li, PD Yuna, and your newest sub-boss, manager Kim.

Oh, and a message from Kevin.

Even as your eyes shifted to and from India, you refused to give away more than a split-second look of surprise so as not to raise suspicions.

‘Yep sounds good ummmmm yep.’ You replied popping your lips together.

‘Hey, how are you? How are things?’

Why hadn’t you messaged him? Why were you so awkward? Why couldn’t you just talk to your friend. You missed him and his gummy smile…

Your cheeks flushed in shame and instantly you looked away;

‘Let’s get ready.’ You ordered a little too enthusiastically, almost running to the bathroom.

 

========

 

Kyungsoo eyed India.

The girl seemed evidently and blissfully oblivious while she munched on her cereal. Kyungsoo suspected however the girl was painfully aware of Kyungsoo’s presence and every movement. How on earth was someone who was so on point be friends with someone who…who wasn’t, Kyungsoo thought.

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes to slits, staring hard before realising he should probably stop before someone else suspected him.

And in that moment Baekhyun walked in.

‘What’s for break-‘ Baekhyun froze, his eyes widened in fear while he stared at the girl who still sat completely unphased by his presence.

Kyungsoo could practically hear the obscenities spewing from Baekhyun’s mind as the boy’s eyes too, narrowed into slits.

‘Good morning to you too.’ The girl uttered, munching some more on her cereal, still ignoring Baekhyun’s gaze.

Baekhyun stiffened, knowing he couldn’t walk away back into his room. Kyungsoo felt a sudden turmoil as he shared something in common with both opposing sides.  

‘Don’t really know if selfish people deserve breakfast.’ Indi stated, her eyes suddenly flung daggers at Baekhyun who had decided to sit down and begin eating.

‘Yahhhh well I don’t understand why you’re eating then.’ Baekhyun retorted under his breath.

‘You don’t even know me.’ India replied holding the spoon in her hand a little tighter. Kyungsoo envisioned India stabbing Baekhyun in the neck with the end of it….a small grin tugged at his lips.

Baekhyun scoffed; ‘And you don’t know anything-‘

‘-Morning guys!’ You exclaimed, coming out of the kitchen and placing some jjigae on the table beside the cereal box. Everyone fell silent.

‘Morning.’ Chanyeol groaned, stretching his incredibly long limbs, noticing India and then Baekhyun’s scowl, and then your happy face. He sat enthusiastically between India and you…before instantly regretting it when India gave him too a scowl.

‘Morning.’ Luhan moaned, shuffling from the bathroom over to the dining area.

‘Good morning.’ India beamed at Luhan far too approvingly for your comfort.

He sat beside Kyungsoo who once again put on his mask of nonchalance.

‘Good morning, did everyone take their A-Z tablets today? Chanyeol I know you said you were starting to get a cold so-‘

‘-Where’s Sehun?’ India asked, cutting Junmyeon off, too eager to know the Maknae’s absence than the leader’s speech. You raised an eyebrow while Luhan answered;

‘I think he went with Jongin somewhere.’

Jongin.

Ah, so he was avoiding you now.

You stared at your bowl. Evidently feeling more than one person’s eyes on you. You shrugged it off, pursing both lips and then pouting as harmlessly as you could.  

‘We’ve got a busy day today. Everyone eat up!’ You exclaimed, giving a broad smile to no one as you stood up and went to your room, refusing to think and forcing yourself to act.

Get up, get dressed and leave.

You hadn’t heard anyone else’s chair scrape from the floor and as you opened your door, someone’s hand landed on your shoulder lightly.  

‘____.’

You turned around slowly, giving yourself time to look positive.

Luhan.

Luhan?

You blinked back at him suddenly taken aback-

‘Yeah?’ You replied slightly befuddled. Some silly part inside you thought it would have been someone else…Luhan never seemed to be able to read your moods.

‘Are you ok?’

‘Yeah, yeah I’m fine, why what’s up?’ You asked turning the question around.

The baggy shirt with his thin frame underneath, the bed hair, and his slightly-alarmed eyes reminded you of what a boy Luhan really was. 

‘Well, you weren’t at practice yesterday and…I just got a feeling it was because of-‘

‘-ah no it’s nothing like that, I completely forgot I had left you. I’m really sorry about that-‘

‘-don’t worry about it. But, are you ok?’ Luhan’s staring eyes bore into yours. Instantly you had to break eye contact. Humiliation welled up inside you.

Stop.

Don’t do this for me.

‘Yeah seriously I’m good. Especially now India’s here hahah.’ You replied shrugging your shoulders, trying your best to push the topic away from you and your silly emotions.

Luhan took the bait, whether it was intentional or not, you were grateful for it;

‘Yes, she seems like a fun person.’ There was no lie in his eye when he said it. Perhaps that’s why India seemed to gloat every time Luhan was in her vision. You made a mental note to ask her about it later.

‘But if anything’s wrong please…tell me.’ Luhan leaned in, perhaps trying to not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter