The SM Party

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a while since the events in London. Weeks and months flew by due to the boys’ busy schedules filling every time of the day. There were commercials to film, photoshoots to accompany and live shows to attend. It was fun for you and very stressful. Manager Kim and Manager Yuna were all up in your grill, supervising and making sure you did your job correctly. They didn’t hesitate to cut in when something went wrong, but hey, this was all a learning curve wasn’t it. It definitely made it all worthwhile as you were able to hang out with these knuckleheads day in and day out. You even got to hang out with one guy in particular…

It almost gave you a faint glimmer of hope, a silly one you should’ve extinguished immediately but…

Kim Jongin didn’t make it easy.  

‘Oh my gosh the link you sent was hilarious! You guys on happy camp was the best thing I’ve ever seen good Lord! And when you guys had to hold yourselves up on that machine just what!?  Tao you’re so strong! And Yixing do you ever like to lose haha!’ You exclaimed while you video-called your six fools in China.

‘Of course I don’t.’ Yixing replied nodding approvingly with his arms crossed through the screen.

‘I am strong~’ Tao agreed as he showed his biceps to the camera. Kevin rolled his eyes and looked away appearing amused. You continued to sort through your washed clothes while your phone rested against a shelf at shoulder level.

‘Hmmm.’ you hummed in deliberation holding up two dresses on a hanger.

‘What?’ Luhan asked peering across the screen.

‘Well, there’s some SM party happening tonight-‘

‘-Yah so unfair we don’t get to go!’ Jong Dae whined.

‘-It’ll be boring anyways you won’t be missing anything.’ You interrupted before he could complain further.

‘Anyways, apparently all staff have to look formally dressed so…’ You held up the two dresses on the hanger. You’d taken dresses with you to Korea as an in case and finally you needed them.

‘So we get to miss you wearing a dress!’ Tao whined.

‘It’s nothing special jeez!’ You exclaimed shaking your head and feeling yourself flush.

‘Anyways guys help, I can’t decide what to wear! The black one or the red one.’ You continued holding each up to you to give the boys’ a better look.

‘RED.’ You didn’t know who yelled it, but the rest of the boys seemed to nod in agreement.

‘But you don’t know what it looks li-‘

‘Doesn’t matter. Red, always go for red.’ Jong Dae stated, Minseok nodded in agreement and so did Luhan.

‘Boys.’ You whispered under your breath, shaking your head.

‘Take a picture when you’re wearing it!’

‘And don’t let those two idiots take inappropriate photos with you!’

‘Ok then.’ You breathed shrugging your shoulders.

‘Got to go, Manager’s knocking outside – Yah Tao open the door!’ Yixing pushed his foot against Tao’s back much to the boy’s dismay, however he got up and moved off-camera.

‘Ok guys, byeee.’ You waved moving over to the phone to end the call.

‘Byeee-‘

You lifted your phone, locked the screen and tossed it onto the bed.

Your fingers slid over and across the fabric of the two dresses before resting on the red one.

It synched in at the waist but flowed out easily down. It looked just above knee length and had a thin black belt attached at the waist. The straight cut and short sleeves made it not too over the top and were well in company rules in terms of staff wear, you were safe.

You pouted and blew out slowly as you looked at the black heels to accompany the black belt. You hated heels, but they had to be worn – ‘Formal attire.’ Was what manager Kim put in his e-mail he’d forwarded to you.

‘Aish.’ You sighed, dropping the dress back on to the bed and heading to the door. Your stomach rumbling throughout the conversation made you realise you were very hungry for breakfast.

You hadn’t bothered to cook a glorious meal seeing as the boys were out getting their hair re-cut and dyed and whatever else it was they did to pamper up before an event like tonight.

‘Hey.’

‘Oh, hey!’ You exclaimed in shock seeing Jongin sitting at the dining table, stuffing his face with rice.

He sat sockless, cross-legged, wearing a white t-shirt and light jeans. His brown hair looked almost auburn in the light. Whoever dyed his hair had done a really good job.

‘Oh are you guys done with your hair?’ You asked unable to look away while you drew closer, moving over to the kitchen.

‘Mm no, it’s just me and Junmyeon, but Junmyeon’s still out. I decided to get back in a taxi because they were taking so long.’ Jongin replied before stuffing more rice into his mouth.

‘Okey Dokesss.’ You bit the inside of your cheek trying to look nonchalant. You were alone with him in the apartment…

‘Did you have any side dishes to go along with that meal or is plain rice just that appetising?’ You asked with an eyebrow raised.

‘Mmm haha…I don’t really know how to make anything other than rice…and we’ve run out of ramyeon so…’ Jongin scratched the back of his neck adorably while he chuckled, embarrassed.

‘Just give me 5 minutes I’ll make the stuff.’ You laughed from inside the kitchen already preparing what you were going to make, turning on the stove and placing a pan on top of the hob.

‘You don’t have to do that you know.’ He called out sounding furtherly embarrassed.

‘It’s my job it’s fine’ You called out while you chopped up some onions.

‘That looks hot.’ Jongin stated as he walked into the kitchen, refusing to leave you on your own to cook.

He was talking about the hot pan on the stove that was very close to where you were chopping the onions. But you’d only just turn the heat on, the metal would still be cold now.

‘No it’s not, look it’s-AISH-FUC-OUCH.’ you squeaked flailing your finger around like a seal. Of course you placed two fingers on the base to prove your point and failed miserably. It felt like you’d scalded both digits.

‘HOT HOT HO-‘ Instantly, Jongin had moved from the counter and pulled your finger to the sink, blasting the cold water on and drenching your skin in the cool liquid.

Unblinking, you stared at him, mouth open wide as he stared at your finger with so much concentration, holding it there for a solid minute before removing it from the water.

‘It shouldn’t leave a mark or anything now.’ He stated nodding his head determinedly.  

‘H-how did you know how to-‘

‘-I’ve burnt myself quite a few times before when I was a kid…my mum did the same thing to me.’ Jongin shrugged looking nostalgic.

‘Mm.’ You nodded.

‘I’ll help you, just tell me what to do.’ Jongin offered, tying Kyungsoo’s apron around his waist.

Since you didn’t want to burn yourself again, you let the boy help. He did a pretty good job, it wasn’t gourmet food being churned out, but Jongin could at least cut and peel vegetables which was useful.

‘I’ll take the food out, just don’t touch anything hot, please.’ Jongin ordered while he picked up plates and bowls of food, taking it to the dining table.

The moment you sat down you could finally feel more at ease.

‘The steamed egg looks amazinggg.’ You stated staring at the dish in front of you, your lips tentatively.

‘Can I try some?’ Jongin asked nodding in agreement.

‘Sure.’

‘Ah.’ Jongin pointed at his mouth as he leaned over the table, waiting for you to feed him.

‘Aigoo.’ You muttered while you popped egg in his mouth.

‘Mmm it’s good.’ Jongin replied munching away so casually.

Thank goodness he didn’t see you lower your gaze, holding back the stupid goofy smile that wanted to poke out. Jongin’s boy next door look, his plump lips and the way they curved into a grin…you could’ve looked at him forever.

‘Chin cha I would be living on rice and ramyeon if it wasn’t for you, please never leave us.’ He begged while he stared at all the food.

‘Ok, ok, eat up.’ You replied tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear, it deffo was to hide the intense feeling of butterflies in your stomach; this was not a breakfast date…or was it…seeing as pretty much everyone was out the house.

After only a few minutes, Jongin had managed to devour almost everything, this boy had a crazy appetite, but you didn’t mind accompanying it at all.

‘Do you think you’ll ever see your ex again?’ Jongin asked out of the blue. You almost chocked on your rice.

‘Uhhhhmmmmmmmmmm no? Well no of course not I won’t…unless I just stumble on him again but I won’t go looking for him…why?’ You didn’t fully understand how the conversation had turned to this.

‘Good. Oh it’s nothing it was just a thought.’ Jongin stated, shrugging his shoulders.

‘Well, actually, I was just thinking of how you cook so well. It’s just, I can’t believe someone like that would want to hurt you. My sisters’ exes made me so mad when they’d come home crying because of boys and…and it just made me think of your ex and how he grabbed you and kissed you and I just…’ He realised he was going off on a tangent, causing Jongin to look at you apologetically.

‘…I don’t like seeing you get hurt. I don’t like any of my friends getting hurt.’ He stated in all seriousness. You stared back at him unable to say a word.

‘You deserve someone a lot better.’ Jongin nodded after sipping water. 

Your cheeks flushed.

‘Mm.’ You nodded clenching your fists.

Someone like you?

‘-But it’s good you won’t see him again.’ He ended stuffing food into his mouth and gulping at the end of it.

 ‘Mmm, so, are you excited about tonight?’ You asked trying to change the conversation before you said something stupid.

‘Mmm…no not really.’ Jongin replied truthfully while he yawned, ruffling the bangs in front of his face and combing them behind – this boy really did look like a living shampoo commercial.

‘Is it cuz of all the people?’ You asked curiously, flicking through your phone for any new e-mails.

‘Mm, and the getting ready part – I just wanted a quiet night in; watching a movie and eating some Chinese food.’ Jongin replied sighing, placing one foot on the floor while he continued to eat.

‘Well from what I’ve heard, it’s quite private so a) there won’t be media or fans inside and b) you can just show your face for an hour and be out. I’m sure Chanyeol and Baekhyun will be there for aggggesss getting sloshed so I’ll just take you back.’ You replied smiling.

‘Really?’ Jongin asked smiling at the thought of still getting his early night.

‘Yep.’ You replied being happy you could deliver the news.  

You couldn’t quite believe how well things were going between you two…

An idea popped in your head.

A dangerous idea.

The way he was acting, the way things were, they gave you the courage…

Could you…

‘Jongin-ah.’ You muttered his name, trying to clear your throat as it had chocked up slightly. Your fists clenched tightly on your lap while you puckered up the courage desperately.

‘Ah.’ Jongin replied stuffing some more rice in his mouth.

Your cheeks turned bright pink without you noticing. Your heart was going to burst out of your chest

‘I just wanted to let you know that-‘

‘-WEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE BACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!’ Baekhyun yelled banging the front door open.

You could’ve strangled the boy.

Of course it made you jump about ten feet into the air from shock.

‘What?’ Baekhyun asked while you glared at him intensely.

‘Byun Baekhyun, you really are something.’ You almost hissed.

‘Why thank you.’ Baekhyun replied grinning from ear-to-ear as the others filed in.

‘I don’t understand her sometimes.’ Baekhyun said to Chanyeol who shrugged his shoulders, taking his cap off and ruffling his hair, his newly dyed golden auburn hair shook under the light.

Kyungsoo watched you fidget and fuss in your chair, arms folded.

‘Kyungsoo, food?’ Jongin showed him the eggs.

Kyungsoo shook his head, working something out in his head and staring at his aloof best friend.

‘_____ah I want bubble tea.’ Sehun mumbled as he stretched his limbs and yawned. He must’ve dozed off in the hairdresser’s seat while they worked on his do.

‘Sehun-ah I’m still eating-‘

‘______-ahhhhhhh I want to have bubble tea.’ Sehun whined almost inaudibly.

‘Sheesh fine, no wonder they call you the evil maknae.’ You hissed under your breath standing up. Jongin didn’t seem phased, he continued to stuff food into his mouth, offering it to a blank Kyungsoo who stood behind him.

‘What did you say?’ Sehun asked combing his fingers through his hair.

‘Even the fans call me a Noona manager in their photos and you can’t even call me Noona.’ You mumbled scratching the back of your head before shaking it.

‘Aish I’ll go on my own.’ Sehun retorted, turning around and walking out the door.

‘Hey wait for me.’ You exclaimed rushing to get your jacket, almost tripping over your own two feet. Chanyeol lifted his arms about to catch you subconsciously, he was so used to you being ungraceful, it was something you both shared.

‘Yah if you’re going out wearing that I might as well call you Ahjusshi.’ Sehun exclaimed, pointing at your pyjama bottoms. The jacket you wore managed to cover your pyjama top however.

‘Whatever I’m not the famous one here, no one’s looking at me.’ You replied pulling your hood on.

‘Haha Ahjusshi Ahjusshi!’ Baekhyun laughed at Sehun’s statement while he picked up some rice and dropped it into his mouth.

‘Shut your mouth Bacon.’ You accused while pointing at him.

‘Haha Bacon.’ Chanyeol couldn’t help but laugh at the boy’s expense.

‘And you Happy Virus.’ You couldn’t leave Chan man out, gosh tumblr was fun to look at.

You looked through your pockets, checking for any loose change you had if the others wanted anything;

‘Yeah does anyone want bubble-YAH SEHUN, really!? You two as well!?’  You yelled in shock.

‘They don’t call me that.’ Sehun mumbled instantly scrolling all over the web on his phone.

‘Happy virus, yep, it’s there.’ Chanyeol shook his head while Baekhyun scrunched his nose over his screen.

‘JUST GO.’ You exclaimed comedically kicking Sehun’s out the door.

‘Yah it says we’re a couple!’ Baekhyun exclaimed nudging Chanyeol who stared at Baekhyun in disgust.

‘I’d rather go with Jongin than you, no offence Byunnie.’ Chanyeol stated as a matter of factly.

‘And it says Kyungsoo and Jongin are an item.’ Sehun laughed at the statement far too much while you continued to kick him out the apartment, shutting the door behind you.

Kyungsoo remained unresponsive while he sipped orange juice next to Jongin who just shrugged.

==================

‘Uhhh.’ You stared back at yourself in front of the mirror.

How long had it been since you’d dressed up this much?

A bloody while seeing as you had to go straight on to Youtube and google the out of makeup tutorials.

It also took unbelievably long to a) find your hair curler and b) to use it.

You managed to create a reasonably bouncy mixture of waves and curls. But of course you didn’t know what the hell to do with your hair after you’d curled it – up or down? Messy bun or let loose??

Sigh.

You stood up and slid in to your heels. They weren’t ridiculously high because there was no way you’d be able to walk in high heels and besides, this wasn’t your night – there was no point in looking so attention seeking when all you were going to do was lurk in the shadows while the boys mingled no doubt.

You zipped up your dress however only to half way. Of course you didn’t possess the flexibility of a yoga instructor so how on earth were you supposed to be able to pull the zip up all the way!?

‘Ah .’ You hissed feeling annoyed and tired already and the night hadn’t even started.

You opened your bedroom door and trudged out, trying to figure how you’d be able to zip the thing up.

‘Is anyone here??’ You yelled down the corridor.

There was silence.

Of course no one was in, the boys were at headquarters getting ready by stylists while you were stuck trying to look even half as decent with your own untalented hands.

‘Uhhh fuuuu-‘

The front door opened.

‘Hey I’m backkkkk! I got done first so I got the privilege of coming back-‘

 ‘Oh, Baekhyun-ah!’ You exclaimed delighted that he’d entered (it was quite the contrast in mood from this morning to Baekhyun’s unexpected entrance). He stood still at the door, not hearing it slam behind him. His black suit and tie matched his brown haired delicate updo perfectly. 

You were too preoccupied to realise Baekhyun stood aloofly with no words to utter except stare at you with an open mouth. His eyes refused to blink as if this was all in his imagination while you shuffled towards him.

‘Baekhyun-ah, please, can you help me zip up my dress?’ You asked desperately. It took a few seconds for Baekhyun to register you were talking to him.

‘Uh- uh yeah sure…’ The words stuttered out of his mouth before he pursed his lips in concentration, trying hard to not get distracted.

‘Thank you! Oh also-‘ You turned around to let Baekhyun zip the dress.

His delicate fingers seemed cold against your shoulders while he pulled the zip up swiftly against your skin.

‘-Should I have my hair up or down, what do you think?’ You asked turning around.

‘Up or down?’ Baekhyun repeated the words trying to digest them properly. His raised eyebrows finally furrowed while he blinked a few times, analysing you properly.

Finally your head managed to cool down, you began to take in the situation more vividly now.

This was the first time Baekhyun, let alone any of the boys would see you dressed up to this extent…

Not to mention this was one of the very few times you got to see Baekhyun in a suit. His thin frame was hidden under the black attire, making him look chunkier which he needed.

Before you could compliment him, Baekhyun took a step forward, eyes staring intently at you.

It was only then you realised Baekhyun’s face looked insanely good.

His eyes looked so deep. It was only then you noticed the thick black pencil lines that were smudged at the edges delicately. You wanted to lift your fingers and trace the beautiful and lush lines the makeup artist had created, but that would’ve been far too creepy. Instead you stared back at him, mouth slightly agape.

Yep, that didn’t look weird.

Baekhyun sifted his fingers through your hair, almost lost in thought. A small smile emerged along his lips.

Why did that smile make you…

…Why were your cheeks flushing?

You looked up and around at what he was doing, biting on your bottom lip patiently, trying to concentrate on your breathing.

‘I like it up.’ He muttered so close…you could feel his breath on your collar bones.

‘Ah- ok. Here, could you-’ you handed him a pin to keep the whole piece from falling.

‘You sure you don’t want to do it?’ Baekhyun asked apparently surprised by your full trust in him.

‘It seems like you know what you’re doing.’ You shrugged trying to laugh this unnerving feeling off.

Baekhyun shrugged while taking the pin and fixing your hair.

‘Mmm by the way Baekhyun-ah.’ You mumbled quietly.

‘Yeah?’ His arms still up while he pushed the pin through your hair.

‘You look very handsome today.’ You smiled tapping him on the waist lightly and raising your shoulders, trying your best to look friendly.

His sharp canines exposed while he gave you his signature crooked grin.

‘Yahhhh where has this come from.’ He whined, unable to stop smiling as he made eye contact before looking back at your hair.

‘It’s not every day I get to see you in a suit.’ You replied biting your inner cheek and feeling abashed, almost rocking on the spot to ease the nerves brewing.

Baekhyun’s smile grew wider at your response.

‘You look alright.’ He shrugged nonchalantly.

‘Aish – just alright!? It’s probably because you’re doing my hair you punk.’ You retorted, tapping him in the stomach.

‘Hahahaha I’m joking I’m joking.’ Baekhyun surrendered, taking a step back seeing as he was done.

‘Thanks.’ You said grabbing your hand bag on the table and walking to the door Baekhyun held open for you.

Heavy material none other than your jacket flung over and around your shoulders.

‘You look beautiful, Manager~’ Baekhyun whispered in your ear excitedly, hands placed on your shoulders while he squeezed lightly.

‘Chin cha, let’s go.’ You tutted giggling while Baekhyun chuckled and shut the door behind you.

==================

Turns out the boys had already gone into the building by the time you got there. Baekhyun was escorted down the red carpet to catch up with the others while you tried to slip past all the photographers outside the party hall that lined along the outside, trying desperately to get snaps of each SM artist.

‘Go that way, Rookie over here!’ Manager Kim pointed at you as you tried to get into the building from the other door, away from the press. Manager Kim didn’t look half-bad, he was dressed up formally too. At least you didn’t look overdressed which made you feel better. However Manager Kim’s ushering led you down the carpet and past all the photographers.

‘Just my ing luck.’ You hissed before smiling and nodding at him, ducking to make sure no one saw you. You tried as best as you could to rush down and not look up, you almost tripped up in your stupid red dress.

The wonderful air conditioning hit you as soon as you entered the cool building, reversing any hint of perspiration that would have existed.

You looked around, scanning the hall with a buzz. You were in a room filled with SM artists, you were sure to see Super Junior and even Shinee around the place. You smirked to yourself thinking of India. She would be dead jealous about now.

But of course you had a job to do; supervise your group, supervise your boys. You weren’t here to fangirl.

It was quite easy to spot Chanyeol through the crowd seeing as he was almost the tallest person in the room. Soon enough you found the boys huddled together and sipping on free drinks. They all looked extremely dapper in their suits from what you could see; hair styled and gelled so exquisitely, faces done to perfection. How could these knuckleheads scrub up so well and make you feel so insecure at the same time?

 ‘What have I missed?’ You asked tapping Kyungsoo on the shoulder while you looked at the others.

Chanyeol almost spilt his drink.

Kyungsoo looked over his shoulder casually before his eyes grew larger, unblinking while he stared at you.

You didn’t have time to see Baekhyun grin and nudge Chanyeol who didn’t seem to notice. You knew you deffo couldn’t look at Jongin otherwise your heart would’ve burst. Instead, your cheeks flushed and your gaze whizzed around the group quickly, landing on Junmyeon who stood still, mouth shaped as an ‘O’.

‘Guys w-what? Did I get something on my dress?’ You stuttered as Junmyeon’s mouth softened into a toothy smile.

‘No, you look…’ Chanyeol’s words got lost in the noise of the crowd.

‘Great!’ Junmyeon exclaimed immediately looking embarrassed as soon as he said it.

 ‘Chin cha why didn’t you dress up earlier?’ Sehun blurted out, looking at the others for supp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter