Revelations

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘What do you think of Lee Taemin?’

‘WH-WHAT!? TAEMIN FROM SHINEE!? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.’ You lied feeling your face immediately blush red like a tomato. You quickly smacked your cheeks to hide the redness developing on them.

Why did you even bother lying?? This boy could read through anything and everything you said and did.

‘You talked to him…on the roof.’ Kyungsoo said staring at the TV.

‘How did you-‘

‘-He came down after you.’ Kyungsoo stated, shrugging his shoulders while he turned to you. Analysing your reaction.

‘Oh...yeah…haha.’ There was no way you could lie now. It was better to just tell the truth;

‘But honestly it’s nothing.’ You firmly stated, dropping your hands to your sides. You looked down at your feet;

‘We just talked, he made me feel better.’ Taemin’s words relayed in your head while you pouted.

‘That’s it, I promise.’ You added, looking back at Kyungsoo and making sure he believed you, you shrugged for added effect;

‘Anyways it’s fine, I’ll never even see him or get the chance to talk to him again so-’

‘-but you want to talk to him again?’ Was Kyungsoo asking or stating the question. You looked taken aback for a moment;

‘NO! Well, maybe just to say thank you. I do owe him one…he did make me feel better about the whole situation.’ You shrugged looking nonchalant, but inside you could feel your face redden once more.

‘So does he know it was about Jongin?’ Kyungsoo didn’t bother for code names or anything, he just went straight to the point much to your dismay;

‘SHHHHHHHHHH. And no, I’m not stupid enough to name names, I don’t want to get reported.’ You replied, pulling a couch pillow and hugging it to your chest for comfort.

‘What?’ You asked watching  Kyungsoo calculate something in his head.

‘Nothing.’ He replied averting his gaze. You didn’t bother to quiz him any further.

‘Please can we just not discuss this? My brain is going to fry.’ You replied, dropping your head onto Kyungsoo’s shoulder. He always had that one comfy spot that fit your head so perfectly, it made you that much closer to falling asleep.

‘Chin cha you’re the one that frys my head.’ Kyungsoo retaliated almost in an ironic manner. Nonetheless, he changed position, ensuring you were more comfortable while you rested on his shoulder.

‘At least this is simple.’ You mumbled while yawning.

‘What is?’ Kyungsoo asked staring at the TV screen, but he wasn’t really watching.

‘Us.’ You stated, letting fatigue take over you.

‘What do you mean?’ Kyungsoo whispered, you didn’t feel his body tense immediately.Every hair stood on the back of his neck intently.

‘Us being friends. I’ll always have that.’ You explained sleepily before shaking your head and getting off the couch, shuffling almost absentmindedly to your room.

‘I can always depend on you Kyunggieeee.’ You mumbled half-asleep, leaving Kyungsoo alone in the darkness.

Kyungsoo stared at you in amazement. His eyes widened and his jaw clenched tightly.

The moment your door closed Kyungsoo finally blinked before opening his mouth;

‘REALLY!? REALLY!?!?!? AISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH REALLY THIS GIRL.’ The anger spewed out of him while he flailed his arms around, wriggling all over the couch in full-blown 4D Kyungsoo rage.

‘AISH CHIN CHA YOU’RE GOING TO DRIVE ME INSANE AISH.’ Kyungsoo sat back normally on the seat, banging the armrest of the couch as hard as he could.

‘AISHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.’ He hissed rubbing his forehead harshly before thumping it with his wrist, finally calming down and thinking more clearly.

‘I really am insane.’ He whispered, collapsing his head back on the couch.  

======================

 

You opened your eyes.

The sunlight hit them and stung. Would you ever stop doing that?

It was a reasonably good day.

Until you remembered what had happened the night before.

‘Uhhhh.’ You moaned knowing just how awkward things would be between you and Jongin, and how awkward you would be making the situation for everyone else.

Maybe you could just turn invisible, then it would all be fine?

‘Blahhhhhhhhhhhhh.’ You moaned in annoyance before standing up and getting dressed.

Finally you opened the door

Your eyes widened.

Jongin was knelt down on the floor, placing what looked like a box of chocolates with a note on top right in front of your door.

You could read the words from there;

Sorry, here’s some chocolates

Immediately you blushed and so did Jongin. He scrapped the note seeing as he could just tell you the words better.

‘This, this is for you.’ Jongin stated, offering the box with an awkward smile stuck on his face. He itched his leg with his sockless foot, balancing while he waited for you to take the gift of forgiveness.

‘Thanks but you didn’t have to.’ You mumbled just knowing you were red with embarrassment.

‘No I do.’ Jongin replied bluntly.

‘Look, I really want to start over.’ Jongin’s eyes moved from the box to you. You took it slowly and bowed politely, not sure of what to do with yourself.

‘Me too.’ You replied nodding in thanks.

‘Really?’ Jongin asked, a look of relief flowed through him, as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

‘I want to, so let’s.’ You agreed, leaning in intently.

‘Oh ok, so….Hello…I’m Jongin.’

You stared Jongin up and down, unable to hide the ridiculously confused expression on your face while the boy slowly waved at you. He waved for another 10 seconds, staring back at you, then at his own hand. The look on his face was absolutely priceless – never had you seen someone want the floor to swallow them whole so badly.

‘Pf-pfffffffffffff.’ You couldn’t help but laugh, covering your face with the box of chocolates.

‘Yaaaaah.’ Jongin joined in, cupping his hands in his face before flicking his head back and running his fingers through his hair, ruffling them at the top in utter embarrassment over what he’d done.

‘I’m sorry what was that!?’ You asked still laughing.

‘I don’t know I don’t know I’m sorry.’ His boy next door grin emerged and his eyes disappeared in his smile as he stood embarrassed and shy in front of you.

That did it.

‘YAH STOP THAT RIGHT NOW – THAT’S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. STUFF LIKE THAT DOESN’T HELP.’ You yelled in between words, pouting and whining at Jongin while you hit him continuously with the box of chocolates around his body, hoping he couldn’t hear your heart beat quicken at that stupid smile that probably got you into this mess in the first place.

‘Sorry, sorry hahaha sorry.’ Jongin replied pretending to be in pain although he couldn’t hide his innocent laughs. The awkwardness just melted away.

‘I’m sorry.’ Jongin uttered seriously while his head was stuck in a head lock.

You remained quiet for a few seconds, looking at the back of his head and contemplating.

‘Mm, it’s ok.’ You replied quietly back. It wasn’t his fault, and he wanted to repair things. At least you meant enough to him, for Jongin to want to be friends. That in itself was something. You could shut these feelings off, it would take time but. They could go completely.

You let go of Him. Jongin stood up straight and clicked his back delicately.

‘I’ll make breakfast.’ You said walking past him.

‘I’ll help like I did last t-‘

‘-no that’s my job, stay in your room.’ Kyungsoo popped out of nowhere and pushed Jongin with his hip, shuffling over to the kitchen like a man on a mission.

‘Fine fine.’ Jongin surrendered, throwing his hands up. However a grin emerged on both your lips:

It would take time, but you’d be in a good place soon enough.  

=================

After breakfast most of the boys had sat down to watch the TV. Your favourite comedy programme was on, so even you decided to sit down and watch with Kyungsoo by your side and Jongin on the other.

‘Hey guys-‘

‘-Chin cha they’re so funny!’ Baekhyun exclaimed pointing at the TV, talking over Junmyeon who stood by the door, putting his gloves on.

‘Uh guys I was wondering if anyone wanted to come with me for some-‘

‘-Hahahaha that line was brilliant!’ Jongin laughed, clapping his hands enthusiastically.

‘Does anyone want to come with me-‘

‘-What Hyung?’ Sehun asked without turning around.

‘Um, well…I was wondering if anyone wanted to go for a coffee at-‘

‘-Ah no can’t sorry.’ Chanyeol replied staring at the screen.

‘Yeah me too Hyung.’ Baekhyun added unblinking. Kyungsoo sat next to you, eyes locked on to his phone screen.

‘Oh ok, well It’s ok I’ll just-‘

‘-I’ll go.’

Kyungsoo turned his attention to you, and so did Junmyeon.

His eyes widened, but the smile on his face grew ecstatically.

‘Ok! Are you sure thou-‘

‘-Yeeeep it’s fine, let me just-‘You jumped off the couch and walked over to the entrance of the apartment.

‘-get my jacket.’ You said grabbing on to the thing residing on your hook by the door. You tapped around your pockets searching;

‘I just need to get my wallet-‘

‘-No no, it’s on me.’ Junmyeon smiled almost too happy to care that Kyungsoo stared intently.

‘See you guys later.’ You waved before leaving.

‘Byeee.’ They mumbled in unison, preoccupied.

====================

 

‘This is a fancy place.’ You stated looking at the high end coffee shop filled with complex machines allocated separately for each specific beverage to brew.  

‘Welcome.’ The waiters and waitresses muttered in complete unison whilst they bowed towards you at the door.

‘Let me take your jacket sir, madam.’ A fragile looking girl said taking your jackets.

‘Thanks.’ You replied bowing politely. Junmyeon bowed but it looked as if he was pretty much used to this kind of VIP treatment. He’d obviously been here before…but hopefully not alone.

You stared at him for a second.

How many times had Junmyeon gone out alone? Who did he actually hang out with?

Whenever you asked Kyungsoo, he shrugged his shoulders telling you it wasn’t interesting enough to know so he didn’t find out.

Situations like today weren’t uncommon, and you were sure it had been happening well before you came into the picture. You tried your best to convince Kyungsoo Junmyeon would be fun to hang out with but…but there was something about the guy that just didn’t click

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter