Making friends~ PART I

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few days after the Kimchi spaghetti event; you and Kyungsoo's relationship blossomed into a great friendship - cooking together was now a regular thing; you kept up on your promise; cooking Italian spaghetti for the boys after grocery shopping with Kyungsoo and Jongin who tagged along (although it was hard to focus on what to buy with him around). The boys loved your cooking and you learnt many things about them during your evening discussions; however it was only really Jong Dae, Luhan, Kevin, Tao, Kyungsoo, Minseok, Baekhyun and a little bit of Jongin that actually chatted away to you throughout dinner while the other boys were yet to open up completely....

======

Another day, while in the dorm; you were mopping up the floor as usual; Luhan was chatting to you while you mopped - asking about your life in England and talking about his life in Beijing and how he'd been scouted to join SM. 

'Yeah so a woman just handed me a card while I was shopping while I was in Korea, and said she was a scout, it was the weirdest situation, but yeah, I auditioned and got in!' Luhan exclaimed, unable to believe the words that he'd spoken. 

'Wow that's so cool Luha-'

'Hey Luhan, are we gunna go now?' Sehun entered the room wearing a hoodie, tracky bottoms and some trainers. His black hair covered most of his face since it was in a plain bob. He didn't realise he had cut into the conversation while entering the room. 

'What, where?' Luhan asked confused; furrowing his eyebrows while he looked up at Sehun. 

'Now, bubble tea? We talked about it yesterday...' Sehun said looking a little frustrated. 

'Oh shoot, really sorry but I can't - I've got vocal training now, I completely forgot!'  Luhan exclaimed slapping his hands together and bowing in apology to Sehun. 

'Oh...' Sehun muttered looking deflated - it was the first time you'd seen him give any other emotion than pure boredom. 

Luhan quickly looked to you and back at Sehun, trying to figure out a way to rectify his blunder and coming up with a solution. 

'But _______-shi will go with you! You don't mind _____-shi do you?' Luhan begged giving you subtly innocent puppy eyes. 

'Oh no it's ok-' Sehun said surprised at Luhan's request, he quickly looked away from you and back at Luhan - regretting he'd mentioned anything about bubble tea.

'What she doesn’t bite - _____, have you tried bubble before?' Luhan turned to ask you. 

'Um I’ve only seen it in dramas...' You replied blushing, feeling silly you'd never drank it before. 

'Yeah you see Sehun; go with _____-shi and drink some tea. Next time I'll take you there myself ______-shi.' Luhan said slapping Sehun on the back. But Sehun gave a 'What about me' look towards Luhan who chuckled. 

'I mean, the three of us can go and whoever else wants bubble tea, but not many of the guys like it. But anyways; you two will have fun together, I have to go now so see you later, have fun!' Luhan exclaimed, shuffling out of the room, leaving you standing aloof, completely alone with Sehun.  

The atmosphere turned awkward very quickly.

Sehun stood still for a moment while you mouthed an 'O', unsure of what to do so you stared at your toes.

‘It’s ok Sehun-shi, we don't need to go – I’ll just tell Luhan I-'

'-No..its ok, I'll take you....let's go then.' Sehun said with a sigh. You held your breath, incredibly nervous to see how this day would go…

--------

There wasn’t much talking on the way to the bubble tea cafe. You kept your hands shoved into your jacket pockets, staying a few steps behind Sehun so he led the way. You didn't feel like talking to him would help his mood at all - somehow what started as going out with Luhan for bubble tea turned into escorting you instead; which obviously annoyed Sehun. You watched him from behind realizing he was only a few centimeters taller than you, which wasn’t much....he also looked really skinny; did this boy eat? But you came to the conclusion that like most Asians; he most likely had a ridiculously high metabolism…which made you sigh enviously.

'So....do you like this bubble tea place?' you asked trying to lighten the mood - Sehun looked at you, surprised you were attempting to start a conversation; so he decided to entertain you by replying:

‘Yeah, it’s one of my favourites here' He shrugged continuing to walk.  

'Do…you have a favourite back home? ' You said trying to keep the conversation up, hoping it would break the ice.

'No there’s another one Luhan showed me near Gangnam - that’s the best one' Sehun replied nonchalantly.

'I see...' you said nodding and looking hopeful for this day yet. 

‘In here.’ Sehun said leading you into a café that read ‘Lovely Bubble Tea~’ the door was open so you two walked right in. You took in your surroundings; the place looked lovely! Decorations were hanging from the ceiling and the menus were written in multi-colored chalk. The place looked so homey, no wonder Sehun liked it; you reckoned it must look beautiful in the wintertime when Christmas decorations would be put up.

You walked up to the cashier. Your eyes widened at how much choice there was; it was ridiculous since you’d never heard of most of the flavours before. Sehun stood next to you looking bored – you started to feel panicked knowing he was waiting for you to choose. Beads of sweat started forming on your forehead eyeing the menu; you could have sweet or extra cold, Frothy or flat…there was just too much…you’d never seen anyone in dramas pick their drinks so you couldn’t even begin to hazard a guess of what to order. You gulped nervously; looking at Sehun who continued to wait expectantly for you.

‘Do you know what you want?’ Sehun asked next to you. You bit your bottom lip and shook your head.

‘Ummm I don't know what to choose since I’ve never had it before...’ You said shyly.

‘Oh yeah I forgot, fine then; get the same as me. It’s good. It’s green tea with jelly bits, semi-sweet.’ Sehun said beginning to order.

‘Oh ok then.’ You said letting out a breath, thankful he resolved the problem.

You got your wallet out and sighed – it was nearly empty so you hid it from Sehun’s view, taking some coins out.

‘How much will it cost?’ You asked trying to convert and calculate pounds into won in your head.

‘Don’t worry about it, I’ve got it.’ Sehun replied handing over the correct change.  Your eyes widened and you bowed profusely at Sehun (you began to learn that bowing was used a sign of respect and thanks, you caught yourself doing it more often).

‘Thank you so so much, I’ll be sure to pay you back.’ You said keeping your head bowed.

‘It’s fine really.’ Sehun said surprised by how thankful you were – it never occurred in his mind that he wouldn’t be paying for your drink anyways.

‘Sit over there and I’ll wait for the drinks.’ Sehun said pointing to some seats near the window.

‘Ok.’ You replied walking over to a small table with two chairs. You sat down, resting your bag on the windowsill.

You straightened out your skirt and waited for the drinks. You watched Sehun while he waited; he had his phone out, so you decided to get your phone out as well and play around with some apps to pass the time.

=====

‘Here.’ Sehun said sitting down with two drinks that were identical; they both were green whith dark green jelly cubes floating around inside. It didn’t look that appetizing to be honest – but you  were open to try new things…

You brought the straw to your lips slowly; watching Sehun sip his drink and put his phone away, looking out the window.

You began to …

‘Woah, this is delicious!’ You said after a quick sip. You took another just to confirm. It was delightful; you’d thought it would taste bitter but it tasted sweet, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter