You were warned

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun wasn’t by the door, and neither were you Luhan saw as he entered the hallway.

Regardless, it gave him some time to pull on his shoes and check his hair in the mirror absentmindedly.

‘You’re Luhan.’

He jerked in complete surprise, towards whoever had said his name.

It was India, your friend. She stood in the hallway looking inquisitive but not unapproachable. The girl was grinning at him. Luhan smiled back, trying to look friendly.

‘Yes, hello.’ Remembering his manners, Luhan bowed at a 90-degree angle towards his new acquaintance. The girl dipped her head in return respectfully.

A grin grew across her face. Before he could ask her what she thought of Korea or why she was even here in the first place;

‘____’s told me a lot about you.’ This girl had no need for games or fancy airs apparently.

‘All good things I hope.’ He replied, giving a nervous laugh while he stood idly, waiting for India to speak. She shrugged and walked closer towards Luhan. He felt this lone girl’s immense presence overwhelm him as she eyed him;

‘I suppose.’

Luhan gulped.

She stopped in front of him and then broke out into a chuckle;

‘Nah I’m just kidding.’ India slapped his arm lightly with the back of her hand. Luhan broke out into another nervous laugh but this time there was a hint of amusement that waved over him.

‘I’ve heard good things. About you, about other people, not everyone – but that’s me guessing. ____ puts you all in a good light.’ India smirked slightly, rolling her eyes. Luhan liked the gesture, it revealed the level of understanding India had in terms of you. And seeing as this girl wasn’t particularly hostile, it somehow made Luhan feel a sense of…

Well, you hadn’t said horrible things about him.

Minseok’s words floated through his head; ‘There’s still hope.’

Luhan caught himself grinning a toothy grin, but India had already seen it. She tried to not look too observant, looking away from him but back again by the corner of her eye.

It felt like this girl was dying to tell him something…

‘I heard you’re doing an internship at SM?’ He asked interestedly.

‘Yes I am. It should be fun, well, It’ll be interesting to say the least.’ She replied, tracing her finger along the couch beside the both of you.

‘And will you do any touris-‘

‘-I’m sorry but how much do you like ____?’

Luhan’s mouth fell open and it took him a moment to snatch his jaw back up;

‘Excuse me?’ She remained dead serious staring back at him. He could act, Luhan could have shirked away the question, but something told him…he could trust India.

‘Well-I mean…I care about her….’ He looked away, unable to stare her in the eye.

She remained silent, evidently waiting for more.

Luhan’s face turned bright crimson while he stuttered;

‘I’d never do anything to hurt her…. And I’d only want to protect her-‘

‘-Good.’ He heard her loose a breath, and Luhan followed suit;

‘I need to tell you something.’

Luhan instantly stiffened seeing the girl’s expression. The flush in his cheeks disappeared.

India looked to the side, perhaps checking if anyone was listening in on the conversation before she spoke;

 ‘Last night, Jongin did something stupid.’

Luhan gulped. He tried not to show the panic sinking in.

‘He kissed her.’

Luhan leaned back, not realising that he’d flung his hand onto the couch head and squeezed the material as tightly as he could. His mouth fell open slightly. Surprise knocked him sideways.

No…

No.

No

I thought I was…I thought we were…

‘Not properly. But well, it might as well have been judging by the after effect-‘ India sighed, acknowledging Luhan’s fist nearly tearing the leather fabric off the couch. He realised what his hand was doing, and moved his hand away immediately.

‘-What do you mean?’ Luhan didn’t even need to try hard to sound monosyllabic. All his energy had been out from him.

‘I don’t understand the situation fully because…it doesn’t matter. The point is….it hurt her. And in turn that hurts me.’

‘And…’ India pursed her lips together, rubbing them before she spoke;

‘…and I think it hurts you.’ He only just realised his other hand was squeezing so hard into his phone it almost cracked.

‘Jongin is nothing but bad news for her. And I don’t really care what his reasoning’s were for that faux-kiss. He can’t have his cake and eat it too.’ Luhan realised how much more this girl knew about the situation between you and Jongin…and perhaps everyone else than he did.

‘Why are you telling me this?’ Luhan asked, looking straight into the girl’s eyes.

India stared back at him, blinking softly;

‘Why am I telling you this?’ She whispered, asking herself the same question.

‘Because you’re the only one who’ll do something about it.’ Was that an insult directed at someone else? Luhan was too livid to delve deeper.

‘And I don’t despise you.’ She added, looking thoughtfully at him.

‘And…I guess it’s because…’ Her eyes unfocused, thinking of something further…

‘There’s still hope.’ India muttered absentmindedly.  

Luhan watched her for a moment longer before turning to look down the corridor.

He’d known something was off the moment he saw you. But frustration weltered through him. Would he ever be allowed in? Would you tell him the inner workings of your mind? Was it because you truly preferred Jongin over him? Jealousy flooded him. Hope or not. The jealousy burned through his being till Luhan could see nothing but red.

That fool had pulled and pushed you enough.

It was enough.

‘Excuse me.’ Luhan rushed passed India and almost ran to the bathroom, nearly slamming the door shut behind him. He stopped himself, knowing it would raise suspicions if he went on a temper tantrum though the house, so he locked himself in the toilet. Instantly he turned the tap on and flung his hands under the water, cupping it and splashing his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter