The End - Confessions - Sehun and Tao

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys - I'm so sorry for the fact that updates for the fic ended.

It's because I had my Master’s degree and life got in the way :( And actually, with the confidence that writing here gave me, and how much I enjoyed writing for you guys - I decided with careful planning to start writing my own novel!

It's not K-pop related (although you will notice similar characters and names popping up) but it will have romance. It's a Teen/Young Adult Fantasy Novel.

I hope one day I can publish it and you guys will read it and perhaps notice some resemblance of the members in my book (lol).

I did wonder if I pulled an After, and re-wrote this into a proper book, if anyone would find it interesting to read about a girl working with a boy group, lol!

----

I know many of you wanted to find out how this story would end, and who the POV character would end up with!

So, I at least wanted to let you guys know and also write down what my plan was AND write some draft scenarios of how I planned things to go!

So that you can all get final clearance and the story is somewhat complete!!

NOTE – I wanted the story to end up to the point of the Chinese members leaving, but I changed the timeline – So Tao left the group first, then Luhan and then Kris.

I will discuss each member and how I saw it ending <3 (AND THEIR CONFESSIONS!) <3

This will be uploaded in parts!

I hope you enjoy reading! And also, so sorry if your Ship didn’t come true T__T

(Also – I did have an idea to write a sort of alternative-universe story where the protagonist, already knowing Baekhyun, Kai and possibly Taemin – is assigned to assist SuperM…what fun times may occur?).

-----

TAO:

The youngest member of Exo M was obsessed with you - because you defended him and never treated him differently and perhaps babying and mothering him made that closeness grow. He very much depended on you for guidance and happiness – and you had no problem giving it to him, for Zi Tao made you feel as if you had all the answers, like you were someone of importance. Yes, he turned into a baby then into a man throughout the years with EXO, and that cuteness would turn into something resembling kinship.

He was happy to protect you the way you fiercely protected him.

As the timeline of which Chinese member would leave first has been altered – Tao was the first to leave…the confession and the scenario would go something like this….

You sat on Tao’s bed while he sat beside you, his dark eyes with slightly prominent under eye shadows watched you deeply. His feet almost touched the wooden apartment floor while yours remained dangling. Today felt quiet and empty somehow, even if you couldn’t quite put your finger on why. Regardless, you fiddled with the toy on Tao’s bed, enjoying the chat until the boy grew silent.  ‘____?’ He said your name quietly. ‘Hmm?’ You hummed, guessing he felt tired after the day’s schedule. ‘Did you know…’ He muttered.

‘Hmm?’ You hummed again, fiddling with the plushie.

‘…Did you know, there was a time I really thought I was in love with you.’  He divulged the words as if they were unremarkable. Meanwhile the plushie fell from your frozen fingers as almost robotically, you turned your face to see if he was joking. Tao exasperated light-heartedly;

‘It was brief. Maybe right after our debut…I can’t really say when but…I thought just maybe…’ A small grin tugged on his lips, perhaps in embarrassment or nostalgia, whereas your lips remained still. ‘It was because you were so kind to me. I thought…I thought that was what love was. To meet someone who treated you with kindness.’ He chuckled; ‘I know now that it’s a different kind of love.’ He picked up the dropped plushie and put it back in your hand, keeping his fingers lingering over yours for a moment longer.

‘I think I just missed home – I missed a mother’s touch. I didn’t know that was what I needed.’ His eyes drifted from the plushie and back up to you who remained deathly still; ‘You gave me what I needed, and for that I’m so grateful…so thankful every day. I honestly wouldn’t have made it this far without you ____.’  You blinked at him, utterly speechless as you stared into his dark eyes. ‘What brought all this out?’ You stuttered, starting to feel an aching sensation in your stomach, along with a dreaded feeling in your bones.  

‘Nothing it’s just…ha.’ He coughed and wiped a tear that had slipped down his cheek. You panicked, wiping the tear from his eye before he could. He laughed at the action; ‘Always the mothering hen.’ He chuckled, but you couldn’t smile. ‘I promised myself I wouldn’t cry. I didn’t want to make things harder.’ Tao whined, holding your hand in his earnestly. ‘I honestly don’t know what I’m going to do without you.’

‘What do you mean?’ You asked, feeling that heavy ache inside you began to fill and rise. He continued to look down at your hands; the tone, the colour differed and yet…‘I stayed as long as I could.’ He breathed, unable to look at you. ‘But it’s time.’

Your eyes widened, like a desperate animal, you clung to him, holding his hand tightly in yours; ‘Tao don’t-

‘-To be honest I worried…I worried about leaving you and the others… but they’ll be fine because you’ve got each other. You’ve got the others...’ Tao interrupted, perhaps not wanting you to make this harder than it already was. Letting you talk would probably stop him from going, stop him from having the resolve to. He let go of your hand that clung to him tightly. ‘…I realised I wasn’t really worrying about you, but more like what I do without you. And perhaps a small, tiny part thought perhaps I could make you come with me.’ His voice still had hope in it and yet - ‘…But I know that that’s not right.’ He added, shaking his head as another tear rolled down his cheek and quickly, he wiped it with the back of his hand.

‘This is my path, my destiny. And I can’t ask you to walk it with me.’

You couldn’t see anymore, your vision blurred with the tears that filled your eyes. It was Tao who leaned in, wiping the tears from your cheeks soothingly, delicately. ‘And besides, I think…I think it’s time to let go of my tender mother’s hand.’ A small smile erupted from his lips, but they wobbled too; mimicking yours. ‘We both know you can’t baby me forever.’ He said lowly, ‘No matter how much I’d like that.’

‘Tao.’ The tears fell freely from your eyes while he leaned in closer, Tao rested his forehead against yours, and without a second thought, you pulled him into a hug on that bed.

‘Thank you.’ He mumbled into your shoulder.  

‘No, thank you Zi Tao.’ You remembered them all; all the times he’d made you feel better, the way he would always smile when seeing your face…as if you were the most important person in the world; the smartest, the funniest. He lifted you when you needed it, just by being himself.

You hugged him tighter, cupping the back of his head; ‘What am I going to do without my Tao?’ You asked out loud.

‘Lots of things.’ He replied sincerely, letting you go as he smiled back at you and wiped the tears from your cheeks as you did his.

----

And with that, Tao left the group – not completely out of your life, and surely never forgotten.

 

SEHUN

Sehun (right before India was introduced into the story – there was a little side piece I forgot to include, about Krystal and Sehun) – It was mentioned that Krystal evidently had an interest in the Maknae – which you noticed during the SM party.

One time in the SM corridors, there was a moment where Krystal had cornered you on your way to attend the boys in dance practice.  

‘Yah, Manager Noona.’ Krystal called after you mockingly as you walked past her as quickly and as quietly as you could in the seemingly abandoned corridor. You readjusted the bag strap over your shoulder as you stopped, hesitating – knowing it was best not to interact with her. Perhaps you could simply make it to the elevator down the corridor and be out of her sight before she could stir up a fuss-

-‘Yah, are you deaf?’ She called out again, tutting and clicking her heel. As your cheeks flared red, you found it comforting that no one else was in the corridor, or at least had made themselves scarce. But what did it matter, as if anyone would help defend you against an idol. You hesitated a second longer before taking in a deep breath and keeping your fists tight around the strap of your bag. You kept your distance and turned around…

‘So you can hear.’ She snarked, looking like a painting, a vision of beauty. The look of her stung, and yet the words she spoke bit in a different way. You tried to focus on that, to focus on the fact that she was a cruel beauty as you remained silently tight-lipped, wondering what on earth it was about you that seemed to annoy her so much. She’d given you a headache before and had been keenly away to stay out of her sight. It was unfortunate she had just been right in the corridor you had to get through. Krystal rolled her eyes and shifted the weight onto her feet; ‘So, it’s you.’ She tutted, flicking her long hair over her shoulder. Why was there no one else in the corridor when you needed them to be present? Anyone who could busy her, distract her so you could walk away. You looked back at her perplexed at her choice of words.

‘Really? You?’ She tutted again, and now; those tuts were getting on your nerves. Your mouth opened and closed instantly. Don’t say anything stupid. You can get fired you fool. You remained still. Irrespective of you, she narrowed the space between you both, the sounds of her heels clanking down the corridor had your heart beating faster while she came closer; ‘So, he calls YOU Noona?’ She lifted an eyebrow in revulsion. ‘What?’ The word slipped out, and you instantly clenched your mouth shut, not wanting to engage;  ‘Sehun-ie of course.’ She clucked the words out – and something twisted inside you; Sehun-ie?

Since when was he called Sehun-ie? Did it matter? No, but-

-'Yah, Don't make me sick.' She growled, standing directly in front of you, scanning your foreign face most likely comparing against hers…or Sehuns…

‘Yah, you really have some guts to make him call you that you know.’ She jabbed, tutting again. Your lips turned into a grimace as you fought tightly to remain quiet.

‘From the way you look…’ She eyed you up and down; ‘…he should be calling you Ahjumma.’ Those tuts came in again, each one as vexing as the other. ‘Yah, you hear me; Ah-Ju-mma.’ She repeated slowly, scrutinizing your face for any kind of response to her insults. Thankfully, living with 12 or 6 boys at a time had you well trained in the skill of patience, and so, you remained as quiet as you could, hoping she’d tire of you soon, like a cat with an old ball of string.

‘Seriously how old are you? 30? And you want to be called Noona? Don’t you have any shame?’ Your cheeks burned with both fury and embarrassment, yet you remained still, fists clenched as you fought back whatever emotion was fighting to spill out. Then, unannounced, she took a step closer; almost whispering the words to you-

‘Yah, did you force him to call you that?’ her dark eyes met yours, looking for a reason, any reason to have you reported on the spot, and you refused to give it to her.

‘Yah, Ajumma - What else do you make him do?’ It was a loaded question, filled with malice and suspicion. You stared back at her in utter shock, unable to form any words in your head.

‘What lies did you promise him? Did you say just a quick screw would get him a solo album? Did you make him touch y-‘

‘-No.’

The resounding word came out of you loud and clear, resonating throughout the corridor. She could insult you, she could make fun of and embarrass you but…

Not Sehun. You wouldn’t let her.

The girl smirked, knowing you’d snapped…comprehending the nerve she touched, and immediately you frowned knowing you’d lost.  

‘Oh…so it’s not that is it?’ She folded her arms and smiled;

‘Is it something else?’ She tilted her head, and something like the penny had dropped; ‘Ohhh so that’s what it is, you think you’re his type? That YOU could be with someone like him? Oh my God don’t make me laugh. Really, how embarrassing.’ She covered to giggle graciously.

‘I’m so embarrassed for you. Such a pitiful dream to have. This is why they shouldn’t hire female managers.’ Another few tuts. ‘You thought you could come here and what? You think you actually have a chance? That you could date them? Date him?’

Your heart squeezed; your face turned red at the overtly embarrassing notion. Why was she telling you things you already knew? Why did she have to state the obvious? Why couldn’t anyone believe that you had really come here to work? That you could just enjoy their company. Besides you knew, you knew nothing would ever happen, nothing ever could…not in a million years. She leaned in even closer and yet still kept her distance;

‘You and Sehun – not just Sehun, all those boys are leagues above you. You’re on different planets, different solar systems – galaxies even.’ Your fist unclenched - I know I know I know

‘There is no way on this planet that someone like Sehun would look twice at you unless it was to ask for a kimbap.’ Krystal leered; ‘I’m here to tell you, stop dreaming and come back to reality.’

‘This is what he wants, this is what’s good for him.’ She pointed towards herself and you looked, admiring, understanding what it was she was saying. They were in the same league, the same space. And yet some part of you whispered; ‘How do you know what’s good for him?’ - Nonetheless, it stung, and your body stopped clenching. You released yourself, letting her words wash over and through you wholeheartedly. It was hard to ignore the truth; ‘And you, you’re something on the bottom of his-‘

-It happened so smoothly-

-so quickly, you didn’t see it-

A wide frame slid into view, moving beside you. His tall figure overshadowing Krystals as he remained by your side. You stared wide eyed; his figure still, wearing a white shirt and a black baseball cap covering half his hair. He looked tired, he looked hot – was practice already over?

‘Oh, Sehun-ie!’ Krystal scoffed in surprise. ‘What are you doing.’ His voice was clear and interrogative. The astonishment in her voice was evident; ‘Oh I was just talking to the new girl-‘

‘-I heard.’ He responded sharply. You shifted in your place, your ears burning as you noticed Krystal’s cheeks burn too; ‘Oh, well-‘ 

‘-Just stop it.’ His voice sounded harsher, deeper… Was this really Oh Sehun standing in front of you?

‘Stop what?’ She clicked her tongue. He shifted slightly, his arm slightly touching yours, his hand in front of you-

-protecting, guarding.  

The girl’s sweet demeanour threatened to crack under the glare Sehun gave her; ‘I was only telling her the tru-‘

‘-And I said stop it.’ He added. You looked up at him, to see his face covered by literal and unseen shadow. ‘It’s not in your place to harass people-

-‘Sehun!’ Krystal snapped; ‘She’s an employee, she’s JUST a worker-‘

‘-She’s my friend.’

You didn’t realise you’d held your breath, even as the words washed over you. Your lips trembled involuntarily while peering at Sehun’s stony expression, his jaw clenched tightly.  The words most certainly hit Krystal as she took a step back.

‘Let’s go Noona.’ Without warning, Sehun’s hand tugged at your wrist, leading you away from Krystal, down the corridor and supposedly to the elevator to bring you both back up to the practice room. You didn’t want to think about what would be going through that girl’s head.

‘And another thing.’ Sehun stopped, turning around to her who remained a few metres away; shellshocked and arms crossed tight.

‘Don’t call me Sehun-ie ever again, it’s gross.’

He continued to lead you on and you nearly wheezed in disbelief. The sound of both your footsteps echoed down the corridor before you turned down another – heading to the elevators. You realised that Sehun hadn’t looked at you the whole time…and what was worse was that as he grasped your hand…you realised he was shaking, vibrating.  

-‘A-aren’t you supposed to be in practice?’ You spluttered, alarmed. ‘Came down to use the bathroom.’ He breathed; his ears were still scarlet.

By the time you got to the elevator, he was practically banging the button antagonistically.  You cleared your throat; ‘Sehun-ah.’ You said again while he continued to breathe heavily, nonetheless; Sehun noticed he was still holding your hand- ‘I’m sorry.’ He let go of it briskly briskly. ‘Sehun-ah…’ You called to him quietly.  The boy took a deep breath and dropped his head forward; ‘I’m sorry I didn’t get to you sooner.’ He mumbled, staring at the elevator doors.

‘Don’t be sorry. I should be saying thank you-‘

‘-Don’t thank me for that…’ The elevator door rang, doors opened slowly. Sehun finally looked at you and there was nothing but apology in his stare; ‘…It’s my fault she doesn’t like you.’ He exhaled frustratedly while you lead the way in. Standing opposite each other, you contemplated his worsds, Sehun leant his tall frame against the handlebar.

‘That doesn’t make sense. Why is it because of you?’ You asked out loud, trying to understand. He looked away, staring at the lights instead. ‘It’s because I like you.’ He said quietly, his ears turning a deeper shade of scarlet. ‘Yeah so what? She doesn’t like me because we’re friends?’ The sincerity in your misunderstanding stung. Sehun breathed out a laboured sigh.

‘She is right you know. You two would be good together.’ You contemplated. ‘Don’t say that.’ He replied almost irritably. You wrung your hands together, not really knowing why you were saying what you were saying. The proximity, the situation, his words…you felt like you had to cut it, to push him away-‘She’s your age, she’s just as pretty-‘

'-Is that what you’d want?' He interrupted, which startled you; ‘No, but I’m sure it’s what you should-‘

‘-who cares about what I should or shouldn’t do…or who I should or shouldn’t like...’ Sehun chaunted, taking off his cap and combing his hands through his hair frustratedly while watching you look back at him. ‘I don’t want her.’ He said flatly. 'Well then, what do you want??' You asked sincerely, crossing your arms, and mimicking his moves. ‘You can’t get better than another idol. In terms of personality perhaps you could…but, in terms of looks, you cannot get better than that.’ – she’s beautiful. They all are. ‘A young boy like you should want a beautiful girl-‘

‘-Stop saying I’m a boy.’ He griped. ‘Well you keep solidifying the fact when you call me Noona.’ You snapped back, pointing at his tall frame. ‘That’s not why I call you Noona.’ His voice grew quiet again. You stared back at him expectantly, eyebrows pulle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter