Birthday

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The boys' photo-shoot was an absolute success; your suspicions ridiculous because the boys were all put together on set, so there was no way the group would be splitting…

….you thought. 

The days blurred and whirled by like a happy yet stressful dream; you barely had time to miss home you were running after that lot so much. 

But, you didn't even mind it; these boys were your new family.

Of course it took a while to get used to their new transformations; the staff carefully designed and thought out each members look, which you did not realize.

You thought things would be different, but the more you got used to their new found gorgeousness; these yahoos were the same yahoos they had always been - just good looking; besides, you didn’t mind having a group of attractive guy friends anyways. 

-----------

'Ahhhh I'm so tired~' Chanyeol groaned walking into the flat first while you all entered behind him, stretching and yawning. 

It was already dark outside by the time you arrived at the dorms. 

'What were you thinking for dinner?' Kyungsoo asked you quietly. 

You took your shoes off and replied; 

'I'm feeling a casual hot pot today, is that ok with you?'

'Sure, I'll get started, I washed your apron since you got spaghetti on it last time; I hung it up, I think it's dry so you can wear it.' Kyungsoo said while the other boys chirped on about how tired they were. 

'Thanks Kyungsoo!' You breathed absolutely delighted by his thoughtfulness; the closer you two got, the more you realised just how lovely all the boys were, and they all had special quirks about them; Kyungsoo seemed to be an impeccable house husband who helped you with chores. You constantly told him it wasn't his job and he didn't need to do anything, but he constantly fanned you away saying it was fine and continued doing what he was doing; like rounding up the boys' dirty laundry and such. 

'Hap-py, Birth, birth-day?' Jong Dae muttered with eyebrows furrowed, staring into your mobile screen. 

'Wha-what?' You asked whipping your head round at Jong Dae. 

'Wait, how did you get my phone!?' You complained grabbing your phone from Jong Dae's hands. 

'And how can you read English!?' You asked jabbing the phone into your pocket. 

'Ah I caught it before it fell out of your pocket when you bent over to get your shoes; how did you not see? I just know what happy birthday looks like, I don't know much English' Jong Dae chuckled innocently. 

'What do you mean Happy Birthday?' Jong Dae asked confused by the text message your best friend India sent you. 

Damnit, of course he had to see that text - you just wanted to lay low and now you couldn't. You payed special attention to grab the cards that had been sent from your friends and family abroad once the postman had shoved them through the door.

You tried to avoid the question, but unfortunately all that did was raise curiousity amongst these yahoos. 

'Um well, it's my birthday today...' You awkwardly stated, shuffling your socks onto the floor. The boys stared wide-eyed, mouths open. Even Kyungsoo popped his head out from the kitchen to stare.

'But it's fine, I didn't think I needed to tell you because it's nothing special I just-'

You couldn't even finish your sentence. 

You were dragged by Chanyeol and Baekhyun immediately to the front door. They slid into their shoes and opened it. Jong Dae grabbed your coat and Luhan slipped your shoes onto your feet. 

'As if you think we're going to just ignore your birthday - we're taking you out immediately.'

'Wait - wait guys I-'

'Cannot BELIEVE you were going to not tell us, to be fair we should have known but still!'

'No seriously it's fine, we don’t need to go out!' You squeaked struggling.

You protested and tried to break free. 

'Look, I don’t want you guys to spend unnecessary money on me; I know it's scarce! Let’s just have a nice dinner and-'

‘No we’re taking you out and-‘

‘Honestly, HONESTLY you guys I would have a better time staying in the dorms with you – seriously.’ You said breaking free from their grasp which they had loosened.

'Well we are deffo not just having a nice dinner, we’ve got to celebrate.’ Chanyeol stated.

'Fine, we'll do something here.' Baekhyun said clapping his hands together and looking around. He began to form a plan and plot it out;

'Jong Dae and Luhan, you know what to buy, Wu Fan-hyung, Yixing and Tao, you-'

'Yeah we know.' They both smiled and left.

You stood at the entrance confused.

======================

'We're back!' Jong Dae and Luhan exclaimed excitedly.

You entered the living room after being called out by Kyungsoo.

Jong Dae and Luhan took bags out of Soju and other drinks such as beer.

They high-fived each other and Chanyeol.

‘Nice one, we’re going to have a good night, especially ____-ah.’ Baekhyun winked at you excitedly.

While your back was turned; Kevin, Tao and Yixing snuck in with a gorgeous cake, rushing to the kitchen to hide it.

‘Wow that’s gorgeous-‘

‘Of course these two wanted to get some disgusting cake because they have no taste – but thankfully I was there, saw this and we were done.’ Yixing said shaking his head angrily.

‘What the Green cake was pretty-‘

‘It was green tea flavoured – would you like a green tea cake for your birthday!?’ Yixing told Tao off.

‘No….’ Tao replied whimpering.

========

'Let's take a group photo for your b-day!' Minseok exclaimed happily after you’d all taken a birthday shot of soju, however Baekhyun had convinced you that the birthday girl had to take 2 shots ‘Because it was tradition.’

'Get it on ________'s phone so she can have it forever.' Luhan said pointing at Jong Dae. 

'Ok.' You threw your phone at Jong Dae.

You all posed as a group, the boys kept you in the middle. You decided to do a peace sign like the rest of them.

'Say Kimchi!' Jong Dae exclaimed.

'Kimchi~~~!'

*click*

The picture looked brilliant!

'Aww thanks you guys!' You said checking your phone. You looked like such a wonderful group of friends smiling cheerfully at the camera.

'You know we're basically the same size as Super Junior!' You giggled merrily. 

'Waaah but I didn't get in the picture.' Jong Dae complained. 

'Well here then - selfie!' You exclaimed lifting you phone and flinging your arm over Jong Daes shoulders and taking a quick snap. 

'Waaah I wasn't prepared!' Jong Dae complained. 

'Ok another one-'

'Waahhh I look bad there-'

'Aish no you don't you look gorgeous.' You mumbled angrily - Jong Dae looked good in every picture.

'Say that again~' Jong Dae squirmed happily next to you - his body heat radiated against yours. 

'-Nope you've had enough, my turn.' Yixing popped out from behind you, pushing Jong Dae away while he pressed his cheek against yours and lifted your camera phone.

'Cheeese~.' You said pulling a V sign - 

*click*

You looked at the picture. 

'Oh Yixing you look so so so cute! How plump do your lips look there jeez-' You gasped. It was so cute, Yixing had his mouth slightly open, looking adorable and smiling with his eyes at the camera. You looked so sweet, cheeks pressed together. 

'Minseok-ah, can I take one with you?' You asked blushing. 

'Yeah sure!' He replied merrily. 

You posed together smiling cutely - Minseok's gummy smile was adorable. You pressed your hand against your cheek trying to be cute. 

*click*

'Thank you - ah Chin Cha Minseok how do you look so cute!?' You complimented freely. 

'Aish no I don't....you look cuter.' 

You gave him disbelieving eyes but smiled nonetheless. 

'Luhan's turn.' Luhan slid in between you and Minseok, taking your hand and pressing the click button over and over again so you had tons of photos with him.

'Yah Luhan enough, me next~'  Tao whined, pressing himself next to you and pushing Luhan out of the photo. 

'Ok ok haha.' Luhan said surrendering and walking off. You couldn't help but giggle nervously. 

'1,2,3!' Tao said in Mandarin, clicking the camera button over and over again. 

You did a 'V' sign, then for fun, you poked Tao's cheek playfully, which turned out to be the best picture - it was adorable, Tao's reaction to your poke was so cute~

'Awwww' was all you said after seeing it.

'Ok but delete this one and this one cuz I look terrible.' Tao whined deleting two other photos. 

'Oh can you send me this one - I like this one.' Tao said staring at the screen. 

'Yep sure.' You smiled happily. 

‘Now Chanyeol-ah!’ You said as Chanyeol walked past both you and Tao.

Chanyeol stopped and looked at you surprised.

'Ah, ok, I-' You cut Chanyeol off by pressing your cheek against his; the awkwardness immediately melted away the moment you felt Chanyeol's body heat melt the ice. 

'Smile, yaaaah!' You said sticking your tongue out happily. 

*click*

'Let me see.' Chanyeol stared at the picture, his eyes widened in shock. 

'Yah delete that, I look terrible.' 

'No you don’t Chanyeol you look fine!' You pouted snatching the phone out of his hands before he could delete it. 

Baekhyun popped up behind you and stared at the photo, grabbing onto it to keep it steady. 

His eyes widened after analysing the picture. 

'Yaaahhh woah, just look at the way you're looking at her, Chanyeol is there something you want to tell us!?' Baekhyun exclaimed laughing and winking at him.

You didn't understand what Baekhyun was talking about - yeah Chanyeol wasn't looking at the camera, he was looking at you; but so? Was he offended because you pressed your cheek against his!? Maybe you weren't on that friendship level and he felt awkward…

'I’m so sorry Chanyeol-ah, I can delete the picture-'

'Just keep it, it's fine.' Chanyeol said heaving out a very embarrassed sigh - his ears turned bright pink. 

'We can do another one -here-' You said lifting the phone again. Chanyeol this time looked like he was trying way too hard to act nonchalant about posing with you.

'-ah-'

*click*

Yixing had butted in, pushing Chanyeol to the side and pecked you on the cheek, taking a picture with his own phone. 

'That one's for me.' Yixing said walking away chuckling at his genius. 

'Yah, Yixing you can't do that!' Chanyeol exclaimed getting all ruffled up.  

'Jealous are we?' Baekhyun said, before you could think or blink, you heard a click as Baekhyun took a picture on your phone with his lips against your other cheek. 

'Stop no more kissing people hahaha, you guys!' You exclaimed rubbing your cheeks with the back of your sleeve and blushing. 

'But it is a good picture.' Baekhyun said grinning. 

'I would ask you to send it, but I can get it another time hahaha.' Baekhyun teased walking away. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes and walked away to get a drink.

'Junmyeon, please can we take a picture?' You asked shuffling in next to the grinning guy. 

'Of course - Kimchiiiiii-'

*click*

Junmyeon placed a hand on your shoulder and did a 'V' with his other hand, smiling so handsomely at the camera - you felt jealous of yourself being in a picture with him.

'Oh Junmyeon since when did you know how to pose?' You asked laughing and admiring the picture. 

'Well...I....just look in the mirror from time to time and...’ You could tell he was blushing.

'Hahaha that's good, all idols should know their best angles.' You laughed nudging him in the rib softly. 

Junmyeon laughed feeling embarrassed.

'Thanks for the picture.' You winked happily. 

'Oh now Sehun-ah!' You walked over to Sehun.

'Oh and Jongin, you want to be in it?' You asked squeezing in between Jongin and Sehun, feeling very outgoing at the moment - the alcohol no doubt was giving you the courage to speak so informally. 

'Yeah.' Jongin replied giving a gorgeous grin. 

'Say Kimchi~~'

*click*

'And another one - do a cute one' you said pouting to the camera.

'Ah chin cha I don't do cute.' Sehun mumbled feeling awkward.

'What are you talking about Sehun you're so good at aegyo.' Luhan said from across the room.

'Oh show me your aegyo Sehun-ah!' You exclaimed carefully looking at his face through the phone.

'NO' Sehun mumbled.

'Aish fine.' You giggled, it was fun annoying Sehun.

*click*

'Awww this is my fav!!! Jongin-ah how do you look so cute~~ and Sehun you did do aegyo!' You squealed looking at the picture: Sehun had done a sad ‘I don’t want to do aegyo’ – aegyo look, and Jongin did the cutest ‘Aang’ look, biting his bottom lip and smiling.

'Aigoo I don’t look that cute I look stupid.' Jongin said shaking his head.

'That's why it’s cute tee hee~' You said leaning into him, your heart pounded a little at being so close to him.

'Ah you can't talk to me like that just cuz it’s your birthday.' Jongin retorted.

'I so can, besides I’m technically older, I’m your noona.’ You giggled.

‘Just by a few months, jeez.’ Jongin tutted.  

'Aish stop flirting its making me feel sick.' Yixing said trying to be mischievous.

'Ahhh we're not - besides Sehun ah you look so cute - is that your aegyo?' You said trying to distract everyone from the subject – turning pink slightly.

'He does worse, trust me.' Jongin replied slapping Sehun on the arm. Sehun pretended to be in pain.

'Thank you - AH KYUNGSOO'

You stood up quickly seeing Kyungsoo emerge from the kitchen carrying food for everyone he quickly prepared.

'Ah Kyungsoo you made food.’ You said feeling touched.  

'It’s nothing really, took me two minutes.' Kyungsoo said placing the tray of homemade sandwiches on the table.

'Ah chin cha Kyungsoo you're so nice - you're such a great house husband…’ You said smiling at him.

'House husband?' Kyungsoo asked raising an eyebrow.

'Let's take a selfie - the housekeepers!' You exclaimed trying to distract him.

*click*

This picture was wonderful.

You easily pressed your cheeks against Kyungsoo, he didn’t even flinch. 

You smiled so brightly, genuinely happy to be close to Kyungsoo. He looked so cute wearing an apron. 

He did the 'V' sign while you pouted stupidly, even Kyungsoo smiled enthusiastically. 

The best thing about all these pictures were that you didn't even need to fake a smile - you were so genuinely happy to be surrounded by such awesome boys. 

'Perfect.' You whispered feeling content with the photo.

'Ahh-ah don't show it to anyone.' Kyungsoo said feeling embarassed.

'Yeah Kyungsoo never smiles that brightly.' Jong Dae said butting in-between you two to see the picture; earning a death stare from Kyungsoo - Jong Dae pretended to dodge it and flinched away. 

'Yah don't say that, he's my squishy Kyungsoo~' You said ruffling up Kyungsoo's hair and pulling him in for a hug. 

'Aish you're going to suffocate me.'  Kyungsoo protested feeling creeped out by how familiar you were being.

'Suffocate you with my love~' You exclaimed wriggling against him.

'HAHAAHAHA I love her drunk!' Jong Dae laughed pointing at you. 

'She's so funny!' Minseok said chuckling and nudging Luhan gesturing at you snuggling Kyungsoo to death. 

'Although someone should save Kyungsoo to be honest....' Luhan said laughing.

'Ah Kevin, picture time!' You realised Kevin was the last one to take a picture with. 

Kevin was standing, talking to Tao about something - Tao rushed into the kitchen, pulling Kyungsoo free from your grasp – jittering to Kyngsoo excitedly.  

'Ah.' Kevin said surprised by you pulling him in for a quick pic. 

You lifted your arm to take the picture. 

'Did I ever tell you how good looking you are?' You stated out of the blue – it was drunken word vomit.

'Wha-'

*click!*

'Hahahah just wanted to get your reaction!' You said laughing at Kevin and looking at the picture. 

'What?' Kevin said very confused. 

'Hahaha, ok let's do a proper one.' You suggested.

'Hahaha ok.' Kevin replied, eyebrow raised.

'Wait, get closer please - you're too tall.' You said trying to angle the camera perfectly. 

'Ok, hold it and smile!' You said, staying on your tip-toes, pressing your forehead against Kris's cheek and smiling. 

*click'

'Ok let's see it...ohhh-wait Jong Dae I didn't get to see it properl-' Jong Dae had snatched the phone out of your hand before you could see the picture properly.

'Woah....WAAHHH DAMN, how on earth do you two look so good together!?' Jong Dae pouted looking very surprised.

'Ahhh chin-cha they look like a couple!' Baekhyun agreed looking at your phone.

'Yaaah, you two.' Kevin said trying to brush off how embarrassed he was starting to feel. 

'Wait let's see - Ah Duizhang you two look like an actual couple!' Tao exclaimed bringing Yixing in to see it who was munching on a sandwich.

'Ahhh I see. 'Yixing said nodding his head and then looking back at you two. You'd hardly moved from your positions so they could compare easily. 

'Aish no we don’t.' Kevin rolled his eyes.

'Guys stop being silly.' You said trying to get the phone back.

'Wait I want to...oh.' Chanyeol bit the inside of his cheek while he worryingly looked at the photo then back at you two. 

Why did he look so upset?

'Aish it's the same for all of you - you all look good.' You said trying to lighten the mood. 

‘Yeah yeah.’ Chanyeol said walking away while Jong Dae and Baekhyun laughed.

============

'Yah, ______-ah should get a birthday kiss!' Jong Dae exclaimed once drinks were flowing and enough pictures to fill a wedding album had been taken.

'But we don’t get that on our birthday-‘

'Do you want to get kissed by one of us?' Baekhyun interrupted an objecting Sehun.

'Noooo' Sehun tutted rolling his eyes.

'I think Sehun wouldd like to give it to you~' Jong Dae said laughing. 

'WHAT NO'….WELL JONG DAE DOES!' Sehun objected looking very alarmed.

'Hahahahah and what if I do??hahaha.' Jong Dae chuckled. 

'Stop it you two, you’re embarrassing ______-ah, let's play a drinking game!' Chanyeol proposed lifting a cup. 

'Has anyone got any suggestions?' Minseok asked.

'What about never have I ever?' You hiccuped tapping Minseok so he'd pour you another drink. 

'What's that about?' Tao asked curiously.

'You take it in turns to say never have I ever, I dun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter