London Mischief

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you knew it, night had fallen.

Of course you wanted to see your family before heading back to Seoul and a surprise visit would’ve been a great way to shock your parents.

The plan in your head was to sneak out of the hotel for a few hours and creep back in time to take the boys to their showcase venue the next day.

 However knowing your luck, as you packed your bag with souvenirs to give to the family, your wonderful parents sent an e-mail stating they’d in the last minute, decided to take your brother and travel to the Caribbean for a week.

Brilliant.

You couldn’t help but feel disappointed.

But maybe you could step out for a few hours and collect your thoughts?

You were stupid to think that that was going to happen.

‘Where are you going ____-ah?’ Baekhyun asked peering from the couch he was resting on with Chanyeol.

‘Oh just out for a bit.’ You awkwardly smiled while pulling your jacket on, he’d caught you manoeuvring to the door. 

‘Can we come out??’ Chanyeol asked eagerly, they were all obviously bored from being stuck in the hotel for a few hours, immediately making you feel bad.

‘Can we go see the London eye?’ Junmyeon asked eagerly while he exited the bathroom.

‘What, why? We already saw it today.’ Sehun moaned, continuing to watch the TV.

‘But it’s supposed to be really beautiful at night if you go inside the capsule and look out at the river.’ Junmyeon said trying to persuade everyone in the room with his enthusiasm.  

‘Yaaahhhh that sounds boring, how about we go to a bar? _____-ah, I’m sure you know some good places.’ Baekhyun suggested, nudging Chanyeol who nodded back in agreement.

‘Yeah that’s a good idea, right Kyungsoooooo.’ Baekhyun said pouting in Kyungsoo’s direction.

Kyungsoo continued to stare at the TV unemotionally.

‘But guys the London eye would be-‘

‘-Yaaaaah a drink would be great right about now – English beer.’ Baekhyun interjected Junmyeon’s plea, his lips.

Of course you felt bad for the guy, Junmyeon looked far too disappointed to ignore.

‘Hey guys, the place does look beautiful at night – you won’t be back here again, so we should make the most of sightseeing. Then I’ll take you out for a few beers, ok?’ You said dangling the company card around – The almighty SM wouldn’t mind paying for their idols to have some fun….pfffff.

Junmyeon looked at you with the biggest smile on his face;

‘Oh, yes! That sounds great, I just got to get my camera!’ He jittered, going in to his bedroom.

Kyungsoo turned the screen off and stood up.

‘Miranda Kerr looks pretty- wha- yah Hyung I was watching tha-‘

‘-We’re going.’ Kyungsoo overruled Sehun, walking to the door and sliding into his shoes.  

‘Oh yeah, someone wake Jongin up, he knocked out after practicing tomorrow’s moves in his room.’ Baekhyun stated, jerking his thumb down the hallway.

‘I’ll go.’ Sehun mumbled, stretching his limbs as he went to wake the sleeping boy.

‘YES we get to have some drinks.’ Baekhyun smiled feeling pleased with himself while he walked closer to the door.

‘Yah Baekhyun and Chanyeol, don’t you get any ideas – you’re only going to sample a drink or two; there is no way you’re getting drunk when you have something as important as tomorrow.’ You ordered trying to sound stern.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol exchanged innocent looks, trying to fool you;

‘Yep, sure thing.’

‘Yes boss.’ Chanyeol saluted, giggling with Baekhyun while they both walked out the door.

‘Now you’ve done it.’ Kyungsoo muttered warningly at you as he walked out, untucking his collar.

‘Aish.’ You clicked your tongue looking at a very merry Junmyeon who almost skipped out the door

This better be worth it.

==========================

It took less than no time to get to the London eye seeing as the hotel was so near.

These tourists were all far too excited to be standing in the capsule at night.  

However you had to admit, it was gorgeous: The lights illuminated the water and the buildings so perfectly, it almost took your breath away; it certainly took Junmyeon’s seeing as he was taking a million photos.

‘Wah so beautiful!’ Baekhyun gasped, pressing his cheeks to the glass; you could almost see the tail wagging behind him.

‘I can see the clock – Big Ben, Big Ben!’ Chanyeol yelled, pointing at the monument and taking photos on his phone.

Kyungsoo stood quietly taking picture after picture of the surroundings while Jongin took selfies with the scenery in the background, taking a few pictures with Sehun who still looked semi-uninterested.

It was kind of nice they enjoyed the sights. It was like being able to share a piece of your world.

You stepped back, smiling at the scene in front of you, getting lost in your own trail of thought…

‘______.’

‘Mm?’ You mumbled turning to whoever had said your name.

‘Thank you…for convincing the others to come.’ Junmyeon muttered in thanks quietly so the others couldn’t hear. His sheepish grin emerged, meaning his eyes disappeared in his smile. His almost red hair was highlighted in the artificial light emitted from the outside.

‘No problem! Plus they look happy they came. It’s not like you guys get to see this view every day!’ You exclaimed, pressing your fingers to the glass and marvelling at the outside world.

‘Do you…ever miss home?’ Junmyeon asked out of the blue, standing beside you.

‘What?’ The question had taken you aback for a few seconds.

‘I mean it’s just, this…I forgot this is your home, not Korea. I just wondered…if you might miss it?’ He asked, nervously chuckling at his question while combing his fingers through his hair, maintaining eye contact with you.  

‘Mm…yeah.’ You answered truthfully.

As you looked around, it hit you just how much you missed this place.

‘You know…if I could have all you guys and the M boys here together with me – I think that would be my perfect idea of happiness.’ You said smiling at your silly wish. 

‘If only.’ Junmyeon replied smiling, showing his teeth.

‘But anyways, I’m not unhappy, I’m very happy, sharing these days with you guys, I’m quite content.’ You replied confidently.

Junmyeon stood quietly for a few moments.

He opened his mouth to speak, but you beat him to his reply-

‘-Isn’t this view beautiful?’ You said pressing your hands onto the cold glass and leaning forward to fully take in the view.  

‘Breath-taking.’ Junmyeon replied unblinking at you, eyes never tearing away.

‘Hyung you should look outside if you made us come all the way here to look.’ Kyungsoo stated, standing in between both of you and blocking Junmyeon’s view.

‘Oh um yes of course, I’ll take some pictures-‘ Junmyeon replied almost too enthusiastically.

‘-Ohhh I’ll take pictures of all of you guys if you want!’ You said, gesturing towards Junmyeon’s camera.

You took a few group shots, clicking away and feeling content with the pictures you’d taken, handing back Junmyeon his phone at the end.  

‘Smile ___-ah!’

‘Wha-‘

*CLICK*

Of course Chanyeol had snuck up behind you and taken a sneaky shot, face pressed against yours while he cheekily bared his teeth at the camera.

‘Well, let’s go drink!’ Chanyeol exclaimed, dodging your annoyed smack on the shoulder.

‘Yeah wooo!’ Baekhyun agreed excitedly.

================

You weren’t the best tour guide it must’ve been said, as it took less than no time to lose half the group.

 ‘Oh there’s a good place.’ You said walking over the pebble stones and narrow alleyways of London – remembering the steps you used to take as if you’d never left. The roads and streets were engraved in your memory like a map.

‘Wait, where are the others?’ You asked realising only Baekhyun stood behind you.

He shrugged his shoulders;

‘I think they’re just crossing the road, they’re probably behind us.’

‘Oh dear I got too excited.’ You said feeling anxious while you rubbed the back of your head, looking around, searching for the others.

‘Aigoo don’t fluster, it’s fine.’ Baekhyun reassured. Of course he’d say something like that, nothing bothered Baekhyun.

‘Hmmm.’ you said looking around and familiarising yourself with your surroundings so you could direct the way back. You obviously weren’t going to get hammered as a) everyone had to get up early to do a concert – the reason why you were even in London in the first place and b) You obviously were in charge of getting everyone back to the hotel safe and sound. ‘Ah.’ You muttered under your breath, noticing the string of pubs and bars down the road.

‘Wait I’ll call Chanyeol.’ Baekhyun stated, placing a finger in his ear so he could hear the phone dialling in his other ear.

All of a sudden you felt a little more conscious that it was only you and Baekhyun i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter