Disneyland III

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘I don’t think I can eat anymore.’ Sehun mumbled defeatedly before Chanyeol shoved another French fry into the poor maknae’s mouth.

The boys were lazing about on the benches outside the burger bar you’d ordered from and patted their full stomachs contently.

‘Ah.’ Tao rested his head on your shoulder while you popped the straw from his can of coke into his mouth.

‘Hmm everyone’s well fed and it’s getting late, I think I’ll call the driver and get him to come pick us up.’ You stated, getting off the bench and pulling your phone out of your pocket;

‘Not yet! We want to go on one more ride, one moreee.’ Jong Dae pleaded, grabbing and shaking your arm desperately. The others began to protest as well;

‘I want the tower of terror one more time.’ Minseok, of all people stated, lifting his hand up voluntarily.

‘Seriously?’ Luhan grimaced while Minseok nodded, knowing he’d have to accompany him.

‘Fine but I’m not going on, I’ll wait for you outside.’ He whispered, crossing his arms.

‘I’ll go on.’ Kevin said lifting his large hand up.

‘Oh, me too!’ Tao exclaimed, joining in merrily and wrapping an arm around Kevin’s shoulders.

‘Yah Byunnie, let’s go on Space Mountain then.’ Chanyeol said volunteering Sehun too and grabbing his arm.

‘I’ll go.’ Jongin raised his hand and looked far too excited seeing as Space Mountain was probably THE MOSE TERRIFYING roller coaster in the park (you thought).

‘Will someone go on the carousel with me again?’ Junmyeon asked, looking shyly in your direction as he spoke.

‘I’ll go.’ Yixing lifted his hand up calmly before dropping it.

Junmyeon’s shoulders fell but tried his best to hide his disappointment;

‘Oh, ok sure.’ He mumbled quietly.

‘Come with us?’ Jongin asked politely, giving you an inviting grin you were sure he didn’t know he was giving. But the thought of that god-awful loop-the loop rollercoaster made you want to heave up your lunch.

‘Ummm, I really can’t…Kyungsoo what are you going to do?’ You asked shyly, trying to redirect the question.

Kyungsoo blinked slowly with his large, wide eyes and calmly shrugged his shoulders;

‘I’ll find something to go on.’ He stated. His plump, pink lips wrapped around his straw while he up his coke.

You scratched your head and thought…if Kyungsoo didn’t want to go on anything then…The swings could be fun!

‘Junmyeon-ah, Yixing we could-‘ You were stopped before the boys could even look in your direction.

Out of nowhere, Kyungsoo had gripped onto your wrist. His large eyes stared back at you unblinking while he continued to sip  his drink.

You looked back at him with raised eyebrows.

‘Yeah?’ Junmyeon looked at you with a hint of new-found excitement on his face. Your eyes darted between him, Yixing and Kyungsoo.

But Kyungsoo continued to keep your gaze; tilting his head slightly towards you with an expression that made you gulp harshly for a second;

‘Um, nothing…have fun! I’ll stay with Kyungsoo, we’ll find something to go on.’ You chuckled awkwardly, trying to look nonchalant. Kyungsoo loosened his grip but kept his hold on you. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun shuddered.

‘Ok everyone go on your respective rides and then meet us somewhere near the entrance ok?’ You ordered, trying to look serious. You’d barely even finished the sentence; the boys had already gone their separate ways.

You would’ve pulled your arm away, but it was only Kyungsoo. The moment the boys’ disappeared you scolded him;

‘Yah Kyungsoo what was that all about-‘

‘-Come with me.’ He began to move forward, pulling you behind him while he marched on.

‘What-where are we going?’ You objected slightly, if you wanted to get dragged around the park, you would’ve gone with the Beagle Line (you’d found the name on the internet and quite liked it).

Kyungsoo didn’t say a word. You couldn’t see his expression while you followed behind him. His grip was remarkably strong for someone his size, but it was a pleasant surprise (you’d never tell though).

It seemed you were going to the park’s exit anyways, so maybe Kyungsoo wanted to go to the toilets or something, you thought.

Until he stopped.

Kyungsoo let go of you and gestured towards a ride;

‘Here.’ He muttered, jerking his chin towards something.

You turned to your left and saw it.

Your jaw dropped and your eyes widened in surprise.

‘It’s the Spinning Teacups!’ You exclaimed, pointing at the ride that was clearly meant for five-year olds. But nonetheless, your heart skipped a beat – you thought you’d never be able to get on it, you’d given up but-

‘Kyungsoo-ah, you never mentioned the teacups, I didn’t think you liked it??’ You asked, furrowing your eyebrows while your eyes darted between the ride and the wonderful boy beside you.

He stared at the ride unblinking for a few seconds before he said;

‘I don’t, but I know you do.’

He said it so casually, like it was nothing. As if this small gesture was meaningless, but…

You stood still for a few seconds, holding back the wave of emotion that whirled through you. Something like this shouldn’t have moved you so much but…

Your fists clenched while you watched the back of Kyungsoo. He’d manoeuvred himself to sit inside a teacup;

‘Coming?’ He asked with a semi-amused expression, offering his hand towards you.

You took it gratefully, smiling brightly while you sat beside him.

‘You know if you wanted to go on a roller coaster that would’ve been fine, you didn’t have to go on this just for me!’ You exclaimed, realising he probably did want to go on Space Mountain or something.

‘You would’ve missed out on going on this, and we’re not coming back…’ He couldn’t look at you, he stared ahead, taking in the scene of the park while he muttered;

‘…Just think of it as repayment, because I’m keeping the picture.’

Your lips pursed together tightly while you looked down at your hands, nodding vigorously; 

‘Kyunggie.’

‘Ah.’ He hummed in response to the nickname he’d always complained about you using;

‘SELCA!’ You squealed, instantly pulling out your phone and snapping a picture before Kyungsoo could reject the action. He complied, smiling up at the camera while you pulled a v-sign beside him.

‘We don’t have enough selcas, so there’s another.’ You muttered quietly as you fiddled with your phone, sending the picture to him on instant messenger while you continued to speak;

‘Oh Kyungsoo…’

‘Mm.’ He hummed, looking at you with a soft expression;

‘Thank you.’ You muttered quietly, as if you were spilling a secret.

You didn’t hear his reply as the cup had started to spin.

‘Ah.’ Kyungsoo mumbled, you didn’t notice the slight hint of pink at the top of his ears.

====================

 

Jongin enjoyed going on Space Mountain, it was great, absolutely fantastic…

Until Sehun threw up right next to him.

The guy did seem a little clammy before he’d even got on the ride, but Baekhyun and Chanyeol of course, forced Sehun on before he could say a word.

One minute the boy was screaming, and in the next; everything he’d eaten since breakfast came flying out.

Of course Baekhyun and Chanyeol found it absolutely hilarious. They howled and cackled over the incident throughout the whole walk back to the entrance of the park, much to Sehun’s dismay.

‘Wait, we’ll go on one more ride, one more and then we’ll see you at the entrance, just tell ___-ah, we’ll be there in a second!’ Jong Dae exclaimed, grabbing Chanyeol and Baekhyun by the arm while Jongin kept a sickly Sehun standing beside him.

‘One more time on it Byunnie?’ Chanyeol asked, raising both eyebrows.

‘Yeah Channie.’ Baekhyun nodded approvingly.

And with that, they ran off. Leaving Jongin to tend to a paler Sehun.

‘Come on, hold on to me and drink some water.’ Jongin said offering the poor guy a bottle of water he’d bought from a nearby stall.

‘Thanks.’ Sehun mumbled while Jongin held him up with all the strength he could muster.  

They shuffled over to the entrance, trying not to bump into people in the busy crowd while they moved.

His eyes darted around, looking for the exit signs.

‘Jongin-ah.’ He almost didn’t hear Sehun mumble his name so softly;

‘Ah?’ Jongin replied, turning to Sehun.

‘Look, _____-ah’s there.’ Sehun jerked his chin up towards a ride.

Jongin looked too. Sehun was right, there you were. You were on the spinning teacups, laughing and enjoying yourself…

With Kyungsoo.

Jongin’s lips slightly parted, he didn’t know what to say;

‘Ah.’ He groaned, coincidently at the same time Sehun did (but probably not for the same reason).

Once again Jongin felt a pang of something.

It wasn’t jealousy…or perhaps it was…frustration?

It was so easy for you to hang out with Kyungsoo, to smile and laugh and be yourself…why couldn’t he hang out with you without everyone in the group thinking it would be dangerous or more than just ‘hanging out’?

He couldn’t pinpoint or explain it, but the feeling grew with each passing moment as Jongin watched you.

Kyungsoo was actually laughing and smiling, that did make Jongin happy, so happy for his best friend…but…

‘Yah Hyung’s actually smiling for once.’ Sehun said in amazement.

‘Sehun, stay here.’ Jongin said, leaning Sehun against a lamp post.

‘Jongin-ah, where are you-‘

‘-Just wait here, I’ll be a second!’ An idea had hit him and he had to run with it, before he changed his mind. Perhaps it was a bad idea, perhaps he shouldn’t be causing any more damage than he already had but…but when he saw you with Kyungsoo…if everyone else was allowed to give a token of friendship…why wasn’t he?

But what about Kyungsoo?

He’s your friend.

Jongin rushed into the shop, his common sense left him while he panted slightly, hair tousled and sweat droplets formed on his brow.

Jongin jogged to the shelf and pinpointed the little thing he’d played with before.

Before he could truly think about what he was doing, he bought it and quickly shoved the thing into his pocket where it fit easily.

There was no reason to feel guilty but…Jongin continued to wrestle his pounding heart while he jogged back.

There you were with Kyungsoo, talking to Sehun and resting the back of your hand against his forehead in concern.

Jongin took a few breaths before joining you, trying to look casual;

‘Sehun-ah you don’t seem ridiculously hot.’ You stated, shaking your head in concern.

‘-My stomach.’ Sehun mumbled, looking extremely pale.

‘You’ve just got indigestion.’ Kyungsoo said casually while he flicked through his phone.

‘I told you not to eat so much, especially when you went on all those roller coasters and steep drops.’ You gritted your teeth, trying not to throw up yourself at the thought.

Sehun didn’t say anything. Instead, he weaned off towards Jongin, flinging his arm over him and hunching over.

‘Oh Jongin you’re here.’ You said while he awkwardly waved at the both of you.

So much for looking casual.

‘We’re here!’ Both Tao, Kevin, Yixing, Junmyeon Luhan and Minseok emerged to join the group.

‘Oh Sehun, you don’t look too good.’ Junmyeon stated, placing a hand on Sehun’s back while Jongin continued to hold him up.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter