Bye London...

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You entertained Baekhyun’s conversation, he seemed nervous which you couldn’t understand why. The alcohol that surged through you made you feel so chipper; was it because you felt like you were on such good terms with Jongin? Things were looking up.

Baekhyun blinked hard before speaking;

‘Well when we got back to the hotel, you-‘

 ‘_______!!’

Someone had called your name.

‘_______, is that you!?’ The words were in English, which immediately sparked your interest to see who had called you. The voice was familiar, but you just couldn’t pinpoint who it was. Finally as he walked towards where you stood. You understood why that voice was so familiar.

You took a step back, the shock had gripped your entire body rendering you speechless for a moment;    

‘Dylan?’ You breathed stumbling backwards as if seeing a ghost from the past.

‘Who’s that?’ Baekhyun asked blinking heavily, but you barely heard him from the rick-racketing of your heart pounding against your rib cage.

Your stomach turned unintentionally, your mouth felt dry as you spoke;

‘He’s my ex-boyfriend.’

Dylan Thomas.

What more did you need to say?

‘______-ah, oh my gosh it’s been too long!’ The boy waved as he stumbled closer. Of course he was hammered. His chestnut-coloured hair was tousled in a mess along with his untucked shirt.

‘Y-yeah.’ You breathed feeling so shocked you could barely speak.

Not long enough.

‘How have you been!?’ Dylan exclaimed, lifting you up into a bone-crushing hug.

You didn’t sense the tension building up behind you over the emergence of this stranger that was touching you so casually.

‘Mmm good.’ You replied breathlessly. You couldn’t help but stop shaking while you spoke.

‘Man what are you doing here!?’ He asked in amazement, rubbing your shoulder.

‘I’m here for work.’ You replied almost wincing at the contact.  

‘You look really good.’ A toothy grin emerged from his lips.

‘Thanks.’ You replied unmoved. Your heart didn’t beat fast in excitement at the sound of his voice…or at the way he looked…how different things would’ve been had it been a year ago.

‘So, h-how long are you in London for?’ He asked trying to lean in closer, closing the gap between you both.

‘We’re heading home tomorrow.’ You replied leaning back slightly.

‘Home?’ Dylan asked with a raised eyebrow.

‘Yeah, I work in South Korea now. I work with these guys.’ You replied, puffing your chest slightly as you turned to gesture at the 5 guys sat around the bar. You didn’t realise Baekhyun had kept close to you; eyeing Dylan up and down while the other boys consciously kept their distance.

‘They’re my friends.’ You continued.

Dylan leaned to one side, watching the boys stare. His face seemed to say it wasn’t a friendly reception he was receiving.

‘They’re your friends?’ He asked half-amused, that pissed you off.

‘So none of them are ‘with’ you?’ Dylan concluded, grinning avidly.

‘No.’ you replied feeling a little discouraged but only slightly.

‘I see, hey why don’t I get you another drink then?’ Dylan asked gesturing towards the bar, grabbing onto your hand.

‘No I don’t want to-‘ He began to pull you closer to the bar, nearer his group of friends on the opposite side of the room.

‘-Come on just one drink-‘

Immediately someone had pushed in between you both, yanking Dylan’s arm off of you.

‘-Hey watch it.’ Dylan exclaimed, almost tripping over his own two feet.

Baekhyun placed himself right between you both while Kyungsoo, with a stern expression stepped in to your left, hand slightly gripped onto your arm, tugging you closer towards him protectively.

Chanyeol kept to Baekhyun’s right while Jongin stood behind Kyungsoo. You could hear Junmyeon and Sehun mutter something to each other from behind.

‘Is everything ok?’ Kyungsoo muttered beside you.

‘Guys guys relax.’ You ushered them calmly, realising Dylan’s gang had noticed the antics and were about to come over.  

‘Dylan, outside, now.’ You stated, pushing him towards the back door.

This was between you two and no one else, no one had to start a fight or get hurt.

Dylan nodded, swivelling around before exiting with you.

 

 ‘Good thing you got me out of there, otherwise your friend would’ve been knocked out.’ Dylan exclaimed, jerking his thumb up behind him.  

‘Just stop Dylan.’ You told him off, crossing your arms, anger bubbled inside you.

‘Stop what? Come onnnn _____, don’t be like-‘  Before he could work anymore of his ‘charm’ you decided to cut him off:

‘-So How’s Jessica?’ You asked with a hint of venom in your voice.

‘Wh-what, Jessica?’ Dylan asked, running his fingers through his hair as if he didn’t know what you were talking about, trying to buy himself some time to think up a valid excuse;

‘Come on _____, you know what happened doesn-‘

‘-So she dumped you then? Or did you dump her?’ You asked sarcastically while Dylan continued to sheepishly grin.

‘Come on _____, it’s not like that. You two were friends, I thought you’d be talking again by now.’

‘So you dumped her.’ You concluded, your crossed arms tightened upon feeling your own temperature rise.

‘Look, I’m sorry. I am really sorry about what happened. I know I should’ve handled the situation better but…God…seeing you now…’ Dylan changed the subject, gesturing towards all of you before combing his fingers through his styled hair once more.

‘Come on _____, just ditch them. Don’t you miss me?’ He asked, trying to caress your cheek. You flinched, however he ignored the movement.

‘I miss you…I miss us.’ You took a step back while Dylan took another step forward. Your back pressed against the brick wall outside of the bar.

‘Dylan.’ You whispered, looking into his eyes worryingly, beginning to break out into a nervous sweat upon the realisation that you were both alone.

‘Come on ____.’ He said again as if to stir some romantic emotions inside you.

‘Look Dylan, there’s someone else!’ You exclaimed hoping that would stop him as you firmly pressed a hand against his chest.

Dylan paused for a moment before shaking his head;

‘Pff, those pipsqueaks are nothing compared to me.’ He muttered leaning in.

‘Do they even know the real you…like I do?’ Those words sent a shiver up and down your spine.

‘I’m sure you’ve held back a lot of who you are. Come on _____, you can be yourself with me…’

Dylan combed his fingers through your hair and for a moment…for a moment, the memories you shared together whirled through your head.

The first time Dylan had asked you out, the first time you kissed…the way he smiled…

But then...

Your heart pounded in your chest as the memories flooded in. You were head over-heels for him at high-school, he was good looking and popular. You thought that was what you wanted, what you needed. It was irrelevant if he sometimes lost his temper, treated you badly, lied about what he was doing at times…you thought that was the best you could get.

But the moment you caught him with another girl from the same class…

Maybe that was part of why you did something so crazy as to sign up to SM.

Travelling half-way around the world, leaving those memories, leaving your old life behind…to become someone new.

Your mind flashed to the times you were lonely or sad…the photobook the M boys had made always managed to put a smile on your face. You had read Kevin’s message over and over again…

‘You’re special, remember?’

You kept his black wristband safe, deeming it too precious to wear outside, waiting to return it back to him the moment you saw him again…

*ba bump*

Your mind flashed back to watching scary movies with the K boys on the couch…cooking with Kyungsoo…bubble tea with Sehun…

*ba bump*

‘I wouldn’t break your heart...I wouldn’t have it in myself to.’ Luhan’s soft voice drifted through your thoughts.

*ba bump*

‘Should I ask you out then?’ Jongin’s heart-melting smile gave you butterflies over and over again.

*ba bump*

‘No.’ You pushed Dylan’s hand away.

‘What?’ Dylan asked surprised at your response.

‘No Dylan.’ The cold tone in your voice was so unlike you.

‘Come on don’t be so unfriendly. I know you’re still hurt but she meant nothing-‘

‘-No. I meant nothing.’ You stopped him from leaning in closer, pushing your hand decisively against his chest.

How could you have forgotten, those silly boys were the sole reason you could smile and laugh every day.

Your heart swelled with a feeling of pride, your eyes unintentionally welled up as you spoke;

‘They make me feel like I’m something. You never did that.’ You stated, pushing Dylan back further. You wanted to just go back inside and leave with the boys.

But Dylan would not let go.

‘Look I’m sorry, come here.’ His alcohol-soaked breath could be smelt from where you stood as he pulled you in closer, shielding his body around you.

‘Dylan stop.’ You ordered.

‘Come on…don’t you miss the way we used to kiss?...I’ll make you forget them...’ He whispered in your ear, his iron grip tightened around you as he leaned in.

‘NO DYL-‘

-he pressed his lips tightly against yours. His arms gripped around your waist firmly, making it so hard for you to push him off.

Stop

STOP!

You couldn’t breathe. You were drowning. He continued to push his lips against yours while you shoved as hard as you could, managing to push a small space between your bodies.

It was in that moment that someone had, with all their might, managed to shove Dylan completely off you.

‘J-Jongin.’ You exclaimed, gasping for air while you recovered.

His long brown hair fell in front of his face as he spoke, reaching out towards you, gesturing for you to take his hand.

‘_____, are you alright?’ Jongin asked breathing heavily, concern evident in his voice.

You stood still, unable to move a muscle purely out of shock, staring back at Jongin with a racing heart. He continued to hold his hand out for you, slightly anxious as to why you were not responding.

‘- OFF!’ Dylan had growled swinging his fist, it landed right against Jongin’s face, knocking Jongin clean off his feet.

A gasp escaped your lips in horror.

‘DYLAN WHAT THE !?’ You screamed at him, rushing to Jongin’s side.

His head would’ve hit the floor, had Kyungsoo not reached him in time.

Kyungsoo stared at you wide eyed while you breathed heavily, eyes darting from Jongin and back to Dylan.

‘ARE YOU INSANE-‘

Before you could say another word, before Dylan could even react, someone had launched themselves at him impulsively.

Baekhyun’s pale fist managed to land right against Dylan’s jaw, causing him to recoil slightly but not topple over. Baekhyun hissed, teeth gritted together as he flicked his hand in the air, holding onto it tightly.

You were speechless, unable to utter a word as if Baekhyun’s punch had knocked the air out of you too.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter