An unexpected visitor

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘You should wake up you know.’

‘I don’t want to.’ Baekhyun pouted, rubbing his head into his pillow while breathing in the non-existent scent.

You uttered the words calmly, far too calmly than you would have in real life.

Even if this was a dream, Baekhyun would prolong it as long as he could, for this was a gift.

You were here.

‘If you don’t wake up, Chanyeol will wake you up, and we both know how painful his pillow-hits are.’

No you didn’t know, how could you?

You’d never seen Chanyeol hit him awake…

This really was a dream.

Baekhyun shut his eyes ruefully; ‘Nope, not gunna.’ He shook his head the same way a child would.

There was no anger, no scorn in your look, perhaps only dejection, Baekhyun ignored it. He turned to his side, staring at you with slow, gentle blinks.

‘I could stare at you all day you know?’

A gentle smile spilt across your lips as you lay beside him. He imagined your cheeks blooming, and thus, they did.

Baekhyun sighed;

‘Could I?’ – He leaned in closer. His hands lay flatly under his head while he shuffled closer, his nose almost touching yours.

You watched him back quietly, unaffected by his sudden closeness (another sign this was unquestionably a dream). Baekhyun sighed comically;

‘I prefer the real you…you do everything I wish you’d do, you say everything I think you’d say… but where’s the fun in that?’

You surveyed him expectantly. His own brain was unable to come up with the answer.

‘So, if you want me to wake up. How can I?’ He mused playfully watching you.

You looked back at him with undivided attention.

‘Do I have to kiss you?’ His toothy-grin peeked out between his lips.

Finally, you rolled your eyes, Baekhyun’s grin widened;

‘Now that’s more like you.’

Baekhyun chuckled and shuffled back a fraction. He stretched his legs, realising there wasn’t a sheet on either of you. His white pyjamas and your white pyjamas were perfect attire for his dream palace on a huge, never-ending bed.

‘Ok, I’ll wake up.’ He stated, sitting up. You followed suit, leaning closer towards him ever so slightly.

‘Just answer me this.’ Baekhyun teased, pointing a finger at you. You leaned back then, slightly sceptical.

 ‘Since you know everything I know in here…do you know my plan?’

You nodded slowly, your expression changing by the furrow between your eyebrows.

‘And you don’t like it, you won’t like it?’ You nodded, as he knew it would.

‘But will it work? With Jong Dae’s help, will it work?’ Genuine curiosity flooded the once dream-like look in his eyes.

You watched him for a moment, stretching it out as you lifted your hand to touch Baekhyun’s cheek;

‘Should I tell you what you want to hear, what you think you know...’

He could barely feel the ghostly touch of you hand one moment, then it fluttered into feeling like real, warm flesh on his cheek.

‘….or something you don’t?’

Baekhyun stared back at you, his eyebrows lifted in surprise, his lips parted in shock.

You continued to brush your hand against his cheek, sentimentally tucking a loose strand of hair into place. Baekhyun couldn’t feel his heartbeat in a dream, but he only imagined how it would be pounding if this was real…

‘I understand why you’re doing this.’ You uttered quietly, as if someone could hear your words in this dreamland.

‘And I will forgive you for it….one way or another.’

He hadn’t thought of that. That wasn’t a thought he’d ever created till that moment.

Baekhyun looked down at his feet dejectedly.

He wanted to say so many things, but what was the point? He was only talking to himself.

Baekhyun turned his head to look at you. You’d dropped your hand from his cheek, keeping yourself upheld;

‘I’ve got to ask…why her?’ Your eyebrows pulled together as if you didn’t already know the answer.

Baekhyun watched you, breathing in ever so slightly before whispering;

‘Because she’s not you.’

Your lips pursed together disapprovingly.

Baekhyun lifted his hand, not knowing what to do or what to say, he took your hand in his;

‘I want you to know, even if you hadn’t kissed me…I’d still be here, doing this.’

It was a point he’d wanted to make, and a point he’d never be able to tell you, because you didn’t remember.

You looked back at him, seeing the truth in his eyes and nodding.

‘I shouldn’t drag Jong Dae into this, should I?’ Baekhyun muttered almost rhetorically.

‘You think he really will make this plan work.’ You replied, scanning his thoughts easily.

Baekhyun nodded ruefully.

‘I don’t know why he’d help me. But…I think Jong Dae knows you better than I do.’ He hadn’t realised he’d clenched his fist so tightly against the bed-

You placed a hand softly on top of his curled fingers. Your hair fell in front of your face as you tilted your head, looking down at Baekhyun’s hand before looking back up at him, unable to say a word, his brain unable to come up with a reply.

Baekhyun unblinkingly, looked back at you;

‘I wish I knew what the real you was thinking.’ You smiled sadly at his statement as he knew you would.

‘And I wish I could tell you what I was thinking.’ He added. Your fingers slid up to the very gift that had started this whole thing, on his wrist. Baekhyun smiled melancholily;

‘Sometimes I imagine my life, how it would’ve been if you hadn’t walked into that practice room a lifetime ago…’ Baekhyun mused, entwining his other hand with yours. You watched him serenely.

‘-It ends before it can even begin.’ Baekhyun uttered.

‘I wonder if you’ve affected the others as much as you’ve affected me.’ It was a half question in a half thought. Your lips tugged on the side into a modest frown.

Baekhyun moved forward ever so slighty...

‘Before I was just a fool.’ He whispered admittedly. You’d held your breath, waiting for his next words you knew he’d say;

‘But…’ Baekhyun leaned in, his nose an inch or so away from yours;

‘Now… I’m just a lovesick fool-‘ Before you could blink, Baekhyun leaned in and pressed his lips firmly against yours-

-‘YAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh we have to go, dance practice you idiot, yaaaaah wake up!’ A pillow had been flung and struck Baekhyun right in the centre of his face. He grabbed onto his nose for dear life;

‘YAH I WAS SLEEPING YOU STUPID-‘ Baekhyun threw his pillow as hard as he could at Chanyeol’s head. The giant got knocked back by the sheer force of it.

‘What’s wrong with you, and why have you got morning wo-‘

‘-SHUT UP IM NOT IN THE MOOD YOU PUNK.’ Baekhyun grabbed a big, loose hoodie from the floor and wrapped it around his waist tightly before shuffling to get his clothes in one of the worst moods Chanyeol had ever seen him in, it even made the giant himself falter.

‘Yah did you take crazy pills this morning.’ Chanyeol muttered under his breath, rubbing the back of his head begrudgingly.

===========

 

You’d woken up relatively early that day.

Jongin was already out, most likely deciding to do some early practice of Maxstep before the others came in.

Luhan had to sleep on the couch as there was no room in this new apartment for more than 7 people. The boy had refused the idea of sharing a room with you (you’d offered to put a mattress on the floor) claiming it was fine for him to sleep on the couch.

You’d made some food to eat, sneaking past Luhan so as to not wake him up. Some Jjigae would do as a lovely morning stew. And by the time you were done, lying down on a bed seemed like the best thing to do in the world.

You wondered what your bedroom back at home must look like now.

Your mum would keep it neat, vacuuming it every day you imagined. And you missed the way your dad would drink his tea, getting his moustache tips wet from the liquid splashing up because he lifted the mug too quickly. And your silly brother barging into your room because he knew you didn’t like it. A smile twitched on your lips.

Realisation hit over how much you’d missed your family. Sure these boys were wonderful, and yes there were like a new family…but you missed the sweet nostalgia of home. And your parents didn’t know what was going on with these boys, the drama, your own stupid feelings that potentially could have ruined wonderful friendships…

You needed to go home.

Perhaps the company would give you some time off soon and you could make a surprise visit?

Your phone buzzed in your pocket. You picked it up while tasting the stew – perfect.

*India: I have something to tell you, butttttt I’ll tell you later on tonight~’*

Strange message, but exciting nonetheless. While you replied with an- ‘ok.’, you’d seen Tao’s wingeing text about how he’s the last to shower in M’s bathing schedule and thus meaning all clean towels run out before he can get one.

While Tao’s texts should have brought out sympathetic feelings in response, you couldn’t help but snigger in amusement. The Maknae was adorable. Speaking of Maknaes; Sehun’s birthday was coming up, that would require a cake and some careful party planning done by yours truly.

And Junmyeon had secured a role in a drama as a priest of some sort (which Baekhyun had joked fit his character perfectly) which you’d need to congratulate him for the next time you saw him.

Then thoughts dragged back to someone else, or two people…

How was Kevin?

You two hadn’t spoken since you’d said goodbye…was he ok?

It was your damn fault, you should have called or messaged h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter