London Concert

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Should I ask you?’ Jongin mumbled, almost amused at the prospect.

It was the last thing you heard before he leaned in…

They were soft and mellow – were they what you expected?

No, but that didn’t matter.

Your heart was doing somersaults, handstands and cartwheels in your chest.

Your heart felt like it would burst upon the contact.

Your fingers combed through his hair before gripping onto it tightly, pulling him in…

The impatience was too much, your mouth opened his before sliding your tongue halfway down his throat.

This was so blissful, so warm and fuzzy. But the alcohol had made the session far too blurred and out of focus, as if it were all a dream.

You tried your best to hold on to that unbelievable feeling of his sweet breath and tongue slide against yours, rendering you breathless.

His hands wrapped around your waist, unable to let go…

‘Jongin-ah.’ You mumbled almost incoherently through your heavy kisses.

Your brain was too incoherent to think about how and why this was happening, but your pounding heart said it all, it was almost too good to be-

-Your eyes flung open.  

The sun almost blinded you, you recoiled, covering your face.

‘What!?’ You yelped feeling an absolutely blinding headache begin to rear its ugly head.  

You looked around, more confused than you had ever been.

Wh-why were you in your hotel room!?

You sat up avidly, checking yourself; you were still in the same clothes from the night before.

‘What!?’ You hissed; eyebrows furrowed, fingers combing through your hair, desperately trying to understand what had happened – was it all a dream?

Your fingers slowly slid over your lips, the sensation felt tingly and recent…

No.

Something definitely happened last night.

You really did kiss him.

‘OH MY GOD.’ You squeaked with mixed feelings.

However the sensation of butterflies in your stomach soon wore off upon the realisation that you were late in taking the boys to the concert.

‘!’ The word slipped out of your mouth as you jumped off the bed and got dressed in under 10 seconds.

‘GUYS COME ON WE HAVE TO-oh Kyungsoo I can always count on you to be awake-‘ You nervously chuckled upon bumping into Kyungsoo by the door.

‘Mmmhmmm.’ Kyungsoo hummed disapprovingly at your tardiness.

‘Yah, please can we not shout, inside voices.’ Sehun muttered, rubbing his head.

‘Mmmmmorning.’ Junmyeon mumbled, rubbing his tired eyes before you shoved a bottle of water in his arms.

‘Morning, 5 minutes and we’re out.’ You ordered, checking your e-mails and texts in one hand while throwing a bottle at an awoken Chanyeol.

‘Where’s Baekhyun and Jong-‘

‘I’m here.’ Jongin mumbled, stumbling out of a bedroom, blinking heavily and pouting.

‘A-ah…ok.’ Changing from a normal skin colour to bright red in 0.6 seconds was a new found talent of yours apparently, unfortunately Kyungsoo noticed.

‘Um, uh I guess I have to wake Baekhyun up myself.’ You mumbled, quickly rushing past Jongin.

‘Here.’ You almost whispered, flutteringly handing Jongin a bottle of water.

‘Baekhy- oh-‘ You almost walked right into him.

‘Woops!’ Baekhyun said as while you stood both face to face. He grinned at you, smirk stretching from ear to ear, making eye contact.

‘Good morning.’ Baekhyun said trying to sound smooth.

‘Umm…good morning.’ You replied, unable to understand the look Baekhyun was giving you. He didn’t budge a muscle, standing right in front of you, staring directly into your eyes.

‘Did you sleep well?’ He asked almost amusedly.

‘Umm, yes I did…thanks.’ You replied with furrowed eyebrows.

‘Good good, um, do you remember anything-‘

‘-______, I thought you said we had to go.’ Junmyeon called from outside.

‘YES COMING, come on Baekhyun.’ You said handing him a bottle of water and tugging him out the room.

‘Ok, ready?’ You asked checking your jacket pockets.

‘Yep!’ Junmyeon nodded, giving you a thumbs up, he looked livelier now.

‘Ok let’s do this, I’ll explain more of the schedule en-route.’ You stated, leading the way.

Even though the mere sight of him made your stomach flood with butterflies, you refused to address what had happened between both you and Jongin until the concert was over.

 

======================

It was as if you were watching everything in fast-forward.

The boys had time for a quick rehearsal before getting transformed into idols once more, performing for their newfound fans in England.

It was nerve-wracking at first, but you managed to successfully pull-off translating at the end of each performance what they wanted to say to the fans.

Some of the stuff was super cringey, but it was because the boys had to follow a script the company had set out for them to say.

However you felt pretty chuffed when Junmyeon managed to say a sentence or two in English you’d taught him, you gave a quick thumbs up in the side-lines, hoping he’d seen.

And that was it.

The boys received a standing ovation before walking off the stage awkwardly.

Butterflies filled your stomach upon the realisation that you would have to address the situation.

Jongin huffed and puffed, covered in glistening sweat as he walked towards you.

However, Baekhyun got there first.

"Hi." Baekhyun said. His deeply guylined eyes had a puppy dog sparkle behind them while he smiled at you almost sheepishly, showing his teeth.
"Hi Baekhyun.’ You replied trying not to show your disappointment.

‘Good show by the way.’ You said, beginning to take the microphone taped to his cheek off of him. There was a moments silence while you continued to fiddle with his microphone. Baekhyun raised both eyebrows at you in a knowing way, bobbing them up and down enthusiastically whilst grinning at you.
"Umm, can I help you?" You asked almost rhetorically as you couldn’t think of what else to say.
"Oh, no...it’s just...well....I dunno...did you, you know um...enjoy last night?" Baekhyun asked innocently, but it wasn’t innocent. That boy was up to something - you were sure of it as he’d never acted so cute and polite before.
"Yes, I enjoyed it, maybe a little too much haha." You replied, tapping your head while Baekhyun nodded enthusiastically.
"Great, that's good. And do you remember anything from last-"
"-______ can I have some water please." Jongin asked, he must’ve gone to the bathroom.
"Oh yes sure!" Immediately your attention was fixed on handing Jongin a bottle and trying hard to stay cool, calm and collected. Which of course didn’t work.
"Thanks." Immediately Jongin began chugging the transparent liquid down his throat. His sweat-soaked bangs stuck to his forehead, the sweat glistened down his cheeks and arms...
He looked so glorious, you just couldn’t tear your eyes away.
Jongin noticed.
"Have I got something on my face?" He asked with raised eyebrows.
"Uh, no, just your microphone box, here." You shook your head, giving him a smug little grin before tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear in an aegyo-like fashion.

Trying not to burst, you pulled the tape off his cheek delicately.

Why was he being so oblivious?

Was this part of the plan?

Maybe he wanted to talk about it later, your mind wandered over what he’d say.

Or maybe he just needed a signal to begin talking;
Jongin raised both eyebrows in surprise while you gave him a look,  bobbing both eyebrows up and down in a knowing fashion.
"So…do you remember anything from last night?~" you asked innocently. 
"Mmm no not really. Last thing I remember was going to the toilet and that was it." Jongin stated, shrugging his shoulders.
"What." You stopped fiddling with his microphone for a second.
"Yeah, I think that was it. Kyungsoo found me and helped me out." Jongin nodded.
"Wait so, you don’t remember our conversation?" You gasped, now taking the microphone box a little less gently.
"When?" Jongin asked, dabbing his forehead lightly.
"Outside the bathroom." You replied feeling your heart begin to sink.
"Mm no, did we talk?" Jongin asked squinting both eyes, digging hard into his memory for a few seconds.
You stood back, gobsmacked.
"Jongin you have to give the stylists the clothes back now.’ Backstage staff pushed Jongin further and further away while you continued to stand idly for a few seconds, barely realising Kyungsoo was talking to you;
"______-ah, drink." He ordered, handing you a bottle of water.
You took the bottle, slumping your shoulders, taking large gulps.

He didn’t even remember the kiss.

But you were sure you had, it wasn’t a dream!

Then it hit you, someone would know what happened the night before, someone who never got hammered, someone who stood right beside you…
"Kyungsoo-ah, please tell me what happened last night? Like, how did I get back to the hotel?’ You asked with a pleading tone in your voice.

Kyungsoo watched you for a few seconds as if internally judging something before taking out his phone.
"Well, you were both passed out near the toilets. Jongin lay on the floor and you were resting against the wall crouched and sleeping, here.’ Kyungsoo showed you; it was a picture of both you and Jongin passed out, definitely not kissing, near the toilets.

You managed to put two and two together.
When Jongin had leant in that night....When he leant in, that must’ve been the exact moment you both passed out. He must’ve leant in and banged his head on the wall before sliding down, resting on the floor.
"So....so…AISH IT WAS JUST A DREAM!!!???" You yelled, almost infuriated at the realisation that nothing had happened between you two, the disappointment was so disheartening.
"What was?" Kyungsoo asked with wide eyes, analysing every emotion that crossed through your face- realisation, anger, disappointment....they were the same faces Baekhyun had just made prior to your conversation. 

But, but you knew, you definitely kissed him – definitely!

Your fingers touched your lips, nostalgically remembering the feeling of his lips against yours. It was far too real, the sensation was far too real to dismiss it as a mere dream.

Butterflies raced in your stomach again.

‘I’ll be back.’ You mumbled rushing off to the bathroom to clear your head.

Kyungsoo watched you leave with shoulders slumped. His eyes scanned the area before resting on Baekhyun who stood still, eyes following you while you left…

He tried to figure it out, reattaching the memory of last night:

"Yah Kyungsoo-ah, stopppp, Kyungsoooooo." Baekhyun whined while Kyungsoo continued to take humiliating photo after humiliating photos of him.
"Hmm." Kyungsoo muttered, turning around and peering at the back of the bar.
He couldn’t help but wonder why it was taking so long for you and Jongin to come back from the toilets.
What if Jongin in his drunken state, couldn’t open the bathroom door? What if you had passed out on the floor in the girls’ bathroom? 
Stupid scenarios began to flood his head.
It was best to find out in case he had to do something, seeing as he was the only relatively sober one present. So much for the 2 drink maximum rule, but he knew it didn’t count for Baekhyun or Chanyeol, the two morons who had gotten the rest of the group intoxicated. Junmyeon was a crying, mumbling mess who began an entire speech saying how being the leader of such a great group moved him so much blah blah (Kyungsoo’s trail of thought had wondered), then Junmyeon’s head landed on the table with a klunk, knocked out. Sehun downed a third shot before immediately passing out. 
Jongin never usually drank so much, especially if there was something important like a concert the next day. But Kyungsoo knew Jongin’s worries over being in a foreign place and his anxiety got the better of him, thinking alcohol would loosen him up.
And as for you...you always ended up doing the exact opposite of whatever you stated, so Kyungsoo wasn’t surprised when those two baffoons managed to get you head-over-heels slaughtered.
"Kyungsoo.’’ Baekhyun still continued to protest but Kyungsoo wasn’t listening, getting up from his chair and walking towards the toilets.  
"Stay here." He ordered without looking back.
"Kyungsoo-ah don’t take too lonnngg. Yah Chanyeol-ah wake up, blah blah blah-" Kyungsoo ignored the sound of Baekhyun’s voice quite successfully most of the time.
His large eyes darted around the bar, walking cautiously as he looked around, reaching the universal sign for the toilets signalling left.
All it took were a few steps for him to see…
Kyungsoo stopped in his tracks looking at the sight in front of him: 
There you were, head buried in between your knees as you sat hunched up, sleeping like a log, completely K.O-d.
And there Jongin lay, a complete state with his hair tousled in front of his face, completely passed out on the floor in front of you, snoring loudly.
It was embarrassing to watch…
"I should take a picture." He thought, quickly pulling out his phone, knowing you’d both regret the state you were in the next day.
"Baekhyun." Kyungsoo called, signalling the only other conscious person over so he could get some assistance. 

‘Chanyeol’s awakeeee and so are the others haha!’ Baekhyun stated, reaching Kyungsoo.
"Take _____." Kyungsoo ordered, lifting Jongin up and pulling his arms over his shoulders to almost piggy back Jongin without lifting his legs. It was more like dragging Jongin to be honest, until the guy semi-woke up.
"I’m, awakeeeee. Aish puppieeess." Jongin mumbled taking one step at a time with half-closed eyes.
You snored loudly while a drunk Baekhyun lifted you over his shoulders, lifting your legs and hoisting you onto his back.
"Be careful and follow me." Kyungsoo said after giving the bartender a black card.

‘Hey that’s not yours.’ Baekhyun stated, pointing at it.

‘I got it off Junmyeon.’ Kyungsoo stated, slipping the card back into his pocket. He took it from the drunk leader the moment he passed out unknowingly.

‘Get up.’ Kyungsoo ordered, smacking both Sehun, Junmyeon and Chanyeol on the head.

‘Wh-what?’

‘Huh.’

‘Uhhhhhh.’ The three of them mumbled, getting out of their seats, rubbing their heads.

‘Let’s go.’ Kyungsoo continued to give out instructions, leadin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter