Half way There...

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the incident of covering up for Tao; he became a lot friendlier and warmed up to you a lot; expressing his eternal gratitude towards you. Those two Korean trainees never bothered Tao again, which was a great plus.  It helped that you were already on talking terms with Kevin, which meant that during practice breaks and such; instead of clinging onto Kevin nervously and whispering to him, Tao would now join in on the conversation with enthusiasm.  He would even come up to you alone on a few occasions to ask for a towel or some water - you liked Tao; he was a very sweet and cute guy you began to realise the more you got to know him. 

======

One day while in the dorms, you were cleaning since you didn't think any of the boys were in - remembering they had some schedule to attend, which for once, you weren't needed for. You didn't think anyone was in so you began mopping with earphones in. You turned up the volume - flushing out any background noise while you listened to the tunes on your phone.

*Bump*

'Oh!' You looked up straight away; realising you had walked straight into someone. 

Jong Dae stood in front of you, bowing profusely and extending his hand out in a way to apologize for the collision.

'Oh my gosh I am so sorry.' You stuttered pulling your earphones out in a rush. 

'It's ok, don't worry about it -' Jong Dae said reassuringly; chuckling slightly to ease your flusterdness.

Your phone fell out of your hands onto the floor; disconnecting the earphones from it at the same time. 

One of your favourite non-kpop songs started blasting out from your phone. You stared down at it horrified; scrambling to pick it up and apologizing profusely once more. You quickly plugged in your earphones and paused the song.

'I'm so sorry I thought I was the only one in so I’ve been making such a racket-' 

'It's ok, I was just going to ask actually...I could hear the music from your earphones...and I was wondering what song is it? Is it English?' Jong Dae asked genuinely interested - it knocked you back a little how intrigued he was, you took a few seconds before you answered. 

'Oh yeah, it's Diplo - he's got great beats. He's a producer - like G-dragon?' You said looking at Jong Dae's eyes light up in understanding.

'Ah that sounds good, I like it!' Jong Dae said smiling encouragingly.

'Do you...want to hear some other songs? I've got loads' you suggested, trying to shirk away your nervousness. 

'Yeah, sure, I'd like that.' He replied happy at the request.

'Well I'll leave it on while I mop so you can hear.' You replied unplugging the earphones and pressing play on your phone.

'Ok' Jong Dae replied sitting on the couch and listening to the music while you cleaned.  

'Oh this song is so good; what's it called? - I'm so sorry for disturbing you from work...but please... can you put the title on my phone so I can google it?' Jong Dae asked rising from his seat and whipping out his phone; feeling embarrassed for stopping you from continuing your chores. 

'Nah it's fine, I'm almost done anyways, sure.' You replied offering your hand so Jong Dae could give you the phone.

He slipped the phone into your hands - the slight touch of his fingers against yours made you fluster immediately - his amazing facial structure was so evident when he smiled at you, excited to learn more about western music from you. 

You typed in the name quickly and handed back the phone - but this time your fingers did not touch which made you a little disappointed. 

'Thank you so much.' Jong Dae exclaimed tucking the phone into his back pocket. 

'No problem!' You said putting the mop away. 

'So, how old are you?' He asked wanting to continue the conversation.

'17, how old are you?' You replied absentmindedly, washing your hands in the kitchen sink. 

'19.' Jong Dae replied confidently.

'Oh does that mean I should call you oppa?' You asked seriously - judging from the dramas you'd seen; you knew it was right for a younger girl to call an older guy oppa. 

'What? No hhahahaah.' Jong Dae's ears turned slightly pink by being caught-off guard with your question. He ruffled his hair, unsure of what to say.

'Ohh..ok.' You said feeling embarrassed at your own suggestion.

There was a bit of an awkward silence before Jong Dae finally broke it;

'Well, thanks for the music - but I have to go now; the car is downstairs to take us to our vocal lesson.' He said bowing slightly before backing out the room slowly.

'Oh! I forgot that was the schedule I was thinking about; so there's people in here right now?' You asked looking around the room.

'Yeah, it's me; Kyungsoo and Baekhyun - the others have dance practice now.' Jong Dae replied pulling out his phone.

'Ok, I'll remember that for next week - jeez I almost forgot - I'll pack you your water bottles.' You said rushing over to the kitchen and placing bottles into a bag for Jong Dae to take.

'Thank you.' Jong Dae said taking the bag off of you. He looked genuinely grateful for the encounter you two had.

'No problem, have a good lesson.' You replied smiling at him; he smiled sheepishly back before bowing and exiting the room - you returned to your bedroom feeling content. 

-----------------------------------------------

One day during dance practice; the routine was going very well - the beat for this new song was terrific; the boys were dancing to it so well, then...

*Thud*

Everyone stopped and turned to see what had happened; the music became background noise as the situation became obvious.

The guy with dimples - Yixing; he was on the floor - face contorte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter