Divided

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In that moment you were terrified. You thought some of the members would be dropped...and that notion terrified you. 

...But what you were told...was far worse...

=============

'We've withheld information on your debut to decrease the spilling of rumours.'

'But because your albums need to be recorded and the choreography learnt, we need to let you know now.' The manager continued. 

'Albums?' Baekhyun mouthed confused to Chanyeol who shrugged his shoulders and nudged Jong Dae. 

the rest of the boys kept quiet. 

'And so due to our marketing plans, this group called EXO will be divided into two groups: Exo K meaning a Korean group consisting of 6 members and Exo M meaning a a Mandarin group also consisting of 6 members. You will be promoting individually, K will promote in Korea and M will promote in China, record two separate albums and release individual music videos......'

The words became meaningless...they became inaudible while you nodded and bowed politely, trying your best to understand what on on earth was happening.

'Divided.'

It was the one word that stuck with you. The boys would be divided....12 brothers ripped apart... You couldn't bare to look at the others. You didn't want to see their reactions to this earth shattering news.

You zoned in again: 'M will consist of all the Chinese members of course and two extra Korean members; Kim Minseok and Kim Jong Dae...-' You glanced at them in shock, Jong Dae and Minseok both stared at the floor, bowing politely, refusing to show any signs of emotion.

And finally....the last bit to end it all...

'And Miss ______ _______. You will remain to be one of Exo's manager assistants, however you will be stationed with Exo K and help them with their debut promotions.

Training for the official albums and choreography starts tomorrow. You will rehearse as a 12, but once the choreography is learnt for the dances you will be split. We have already recorded most of the teasers with the backing tracks to the songs, but now we need the main vocals over them to release the rest. your debut showcase is the deadline for all of this to be complete.'

You stared wide eyed at the manager. You were going to stay in Korea. You couldn't bare to look at the group called Exo M....

=========================

You couldn't bare to cry in front of all the managers... You escorted the boys to the car.

The car ride home was one of the worst rides of your life. 

The mood had turned sombre. Silence had carried out throughout the van ride home. You gripped onto your shirt feeling like your heart was breaking. It was breaking for the boys.... 

It was silent. 

Deathly silent.

No one uttered a word. 

It was awful. 

Everyone stared out the window, or down at their feet - unable to look each other in the eye. 

You decided to stare at the road, knowing you would definitely start to cry if you thought about what just happened too much. 

========

the moment you entered the dorms, it was sullen. The atmosphere felt bleak and unhopeful. 

It was only until the silence was broken, did everyone's true feelings start to come out. 

'Divided?' Tao mumbled confused by the word, he stared at the floor, then up and around at everyone. 

'Why divided?' He asked, wanting an answer. 

'Why didn't they tell us sooner? Then we could have known!' Tao wailed. 

Tear after tear ran down his cheeks. 

It was that moment where the boys finally began to break down. 

You stood still, covering your mouth, unblinking. 

Jong Dae covered his face with his arm - crying into it and refusing to let anyone see.

 

Minseok sat next to Luhan looking somber.

But before you knew it Luhan patted his tears away, trying hard to stay strong - but he couldn't.

 

What hurt you the most was to see Kevin cry. You never thought he would, but there he was, taking his sunglasses off; streams of tears glistened down his soft cheeks - he looked around, realising the others were crying too, which worsened his tears.

You finally, finally gave in, unable to hold it in any longer.

You bit on your bottom lip.

No don't...don't do it-

A tear freely slid down your cheek.

And once it started, you couldn't stop it.

You broke down in front of them.

 

'Jong Dae...Jong Dae you-' Chanyeol slapped Jong Dae on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter