Past

Class

Sorry you guys! Major writer's block! Kept staring at this chapter for days!

(Your POV)

"O-oppa? Is that you?" I finally woke up and looked around my room when I saw L.Joe sitting on my futon.

"Oh ___, you're awake, thank God." He smiled and walked over to me. He sat on my bed and smoothed my hair.

"Oppa, what happened? Are you okay?" I sat up and examined L.Joe's face.

"I'm okay but are you? Did Dongwoo do anything to you?" I looked at him confused, "How'd you know it was him?" He held up a yellow post-it. I grabbed and started reading.

"I kinda miss ya man? You guys know each other? Isn't Dongwoo part of Infinite? Wait, what?" My head started throbbing with a headache as I bombarded L.Joe with questions. I squeezed my head around the temples and winced.

"Whoa, whoa, calm down ___. The chloroform might've not worn off yet. Just lay down and I'll explain it all." L.Joe tucked me in and patted my head. He laid down next to me and started patting my stomach rhythmically.

(L.Joe's POV)

My mind shifted to memories as I explained my past to ___.

(Flashback)

"Hello, is this Lee. Be. Young. Hun?" A gruff voice was heard struggling to read my foreign name.

"I go by Joe but what?" I asked in a bored, irritated voice. The phone call interrupted my Tekken game, "Who is this?"

"Joe, this is Officer Medina from LAPD. I'm sorry son. I'm calling to tell you that your parents have gotten into a car crash. Do you have a ride to the police station downtown or Los Angeles Hospital?" The police officer on the other side sighed in frustration.

"M-my parents?" I dropped my game control, "What happened?" My little 9-year-old voice shaking.

"I'm really sorry son, I really am. Your father was drunk driving and crashed into oncoming traffic. He didn't stop at a red light and traffic was pretty heavy. Your mother had already overdosed in the car." The officer sighed, "I'm sorry son. Your parents didn't make it."

"Overdosed? Didn't make it?" I made a confused face with tears running down my face, "They died. I'm sorry son."

"Y-you're not sorry! How would you know?! H-how are y-you s-sorry?! Take it b-back! You're lying!" I screamed into the phone and ended the call.

"Mom, dad?" I felt so alone. Although they never took care of me, I still loved them. They were my parents.

The police ended up contacting my neighbor noona and she took me to the hospital immediately. I was emotionless in the car. All that loneliness and sadness I felt after hearing the news turned into hatred and anger. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that my parents never loved me. Every single day, I'd look at other kids and see them running into their parents' arms. I had nothing. I had no love.

"Sorry kiddo.This was just all of a sudden. You okay there sport?" My neighbor asked in a shaky voice, "This must be hard for you. I know how it feels to lose parents." Her dad died from cancer when she was 17 and her mom grew ill just last year, a few months later, left the world.

"It's okay noona. It's not your fault. My parents didn't love me anyway." I grumbled and took of my seat belt as we arrived in the hospital parking lot.

"Why are you calling me noona? I'm already 27, married and I have a 10-month-old baby back at the house. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they loved you. They just didn't know how to express it. Aw, come here kiddo." She pulled me towards her and squished her cheek against my head while smoothing my hair.

---

"Judge Lawson, sir, I just want to say that I am completely capable of being Joe's guardian. He has no other relatives that he knows about and he refuses to go to an orphanage. We're both neighbors and Korean so it'll be easier for both of us, communication, culture and food wise. Please sir, let me be Lee Byunghun's guardian." My neighbor noona pleaded with the judge for me after being brought back to the dreadful courtroom for being too disobedient at the foster house.

"Did you not hear me, Mrs. Kim?! I said there is no possibility that that can happen! Guardians need to be decided by parents but in this situation, that's not possible! The only way you can be Mr. Lee's guardian is if you adopt from the foster home!" The judge leaned forward and argued with my noona.

---

"Don't worry Joe, we'll be happy from now on." My neighbor smoothed my head like she always. She had just adopted me.

---

At school, I was constantly being rumored about. Some said that I killed my parents. Some said that my parents killed themselves because of me while others just pitied me. I grew stressed everyday and anger replaced my appearance.

---

3 years passed by in the same neighborhood, the same city, the same state, the same country. Everything about me was changed. I wasn't as rough at home as I was in public but I still had my fits.

"Joe, maybe it's time we move out of here. How about we get a fresh start somewhere new? My husband just got transferred back to Korea for his job. I was thinking of moving with him. What do you say?" I was offered a miracle.

"Where's my duffle?"

---

It was 8 years since I stepped on Korean soil. I breathed in the suffocating city air that seemed too similar to the dark corners of Los Angeles. I didn't know much Korean but my noona helped me.

We had moved to Suwon, her hometown and lived fairly peaceful.

I was enrolled into a local middle school but I didn't fit in. I caused all sorts of trouble and I guess they finally had enough. They kicked me out and I moved to Suwon Middle School. I decided to save my noona some trouble and calmed down.

Suwon was where I met Dongwoo.

---

Dongwoo and I became best friends at once. After he introduced himself first, I knew I was accepted. He was from America and spoke English too. Through thick and thin, we were together. We were even in the same gang together. My neighbor noona and his mom became best friends while the husbands were buddies from long time ago. We even moved together to go to a bigger high school in Seoul.

Dongwoo had a family that loved him but I was still living with my noona. He just wanted to get some extra money while I was saving up to repay my neighbor and move out so I wouldn't be a burden.

---

Then came the day when Dongwoo quit the gang we worked with and joined hands with Infinite. Some of the members went to our school while others had already graduated. For some reason, Infinite loved Dongwoo and but hated me. I tried to get Dongwoo back but he betrayed by saying that he himself wanted to be part of Infinite.

The same day, my guardian noona ran into some financial trouble and had to move into a dump of a neighborhood.

---

A few months later, I gathered enough money to repay my noona for all the years and moved into a small house right next door. While walking by one day, Dongwoo found out and we decided to end our long friendship right there in my driveway. We saw each other once in a while but it wasn't like a real meet. We would just brush shoulders.

(End Of Flashback)

"And that's what Dongwoo means in the note. We were good friends so it's kind of obvious we'd miss each other." I sighed and stared at our blanketed feet.

___ shifted in her bed and hugged me, "You had it so hard oppa." She whispered and closed her eyes.

"Yeah I did. But now I don't. I have you. All this is going to end soon. I promise." I held out my pinky and ___ intertwined hers with mine.

I ended up falling asleep with ___ in my arms.

---

Sincerely yours truly,
WonderBangBaby

July 29th, 2011
11:57 PM

Listening To: TIC TOC BY INFINITE!!!
Lookin At: Laptop
Smelling: Nothing..
Watching: 4 'BE MINE' MV'S PLAY EACH ON 2 WINDOWS!!!
Waiting For: INFINITE TO WIN AN AWARD!!!
Loving: TEENFINITE!!!
Next POSSIBLE Update: Today July 30th, 2011