Protectors

Class

Hey sorry guys! My friend's quince is on Friday and I've got a lot to do so forgive me! I might not be able to upload many chapters this week, but wait for me! :)

---

"How about we go see my friends today?" L.Joe suggested after we were looking for things to do. The weather was nice, the garden in front of the school was exceptionally beautiful today and the birds were chirping merrily. It was the perfect day to meet new friends.

"Sure!" I nodded and held onto L.Joe's hand with both of mine. I rested my head on his shoulder as a flashback of the time I was looking at the pictures in L.Joe's room zoomed through my head. *Hm, I wonder if it's them.*

Teentop_L_joe_Chunji_17092010091928.jpg

L_Joe_Ricky_TEENTOP_19092010124435.jpg

586333_1290788748317_full.jpg

changjo_stole_l_joe__s_food_by_jazzehcha

tumblr_l7pr72DI4U1qb0f59o1_500.jpg

 teen-top-header.jpg?w=500&h=375

L.Joe pulled the car over by an abandoned looking warehouse. I cautiously got out and held fast onto L.Joe's hand, "Don't be so scared, they won't hurt you." He chuckled. I gulped and hid behind him. He squeezed my hand to assure me, "Hey guys!" He opened the door and he was immediately greeted with heys, hugs, handshakes and nods. I looked at the four tough looking guys.

"Is that her hyung?" The pretty one asked, "Yup. You guys, this is ___." L.Joe nodded and pulled me from behind him. I bowed and peered at each one of them carefully, "Anyeonghaseyo, like oppa said, I'm ___." I gave them a shy smile.

The pretty one smiled widely, "Aw you're so cute! Call me oppa too! L.Joe and me are the same age!" He pinched my cheeks and kept cooing at me. I held in a laugh, "I'm Lee Chanhee! But call me Chunji oppa." He winked and bowed. L.Joe rolled his eyes and pushed him while smiling a bit.

"Well, I'm older than all y'all so you better call me oppa." The strongest looking guy of the group chuckled from the couch, "Yo, I'm Cap. Nice to meet you, ma lady." We all started laughing at his 'formal'-ness.

A guy taller than Chunji, L.Joe and I smiled at me, "Hey, I'm Choi Jonghyun but I like to be called Changjo." He held out a hand for me to shake, "By the way, you're my noona. I'm pretty sure." He chuckled. I laughed along, "I'm a 94-er. You?" He pointed two fingers at me, "Ah, I was right. 95." He nodded with a smile.

L.Joe suddenly started looking around as if there was someone missing. I felt it too even it was the first time meeting his friends, "Hey, where's Mr. Jolie-lips?" His friends shrugged, "You know how he is right now. You expect him to be here? He almost ended up like..." Everyone fell quiet. I awkwardly went from one foot to another, "Like who?" They all looked up at me with a smile, "Our not-maknae-but-maknae maknae." Chunji caused a few chuckles. I remembered a certain picture from L.Joe's collection. I tilted my head and stared at the guys.

Everyone got out of silent mode and we started having fun. We ate snacks, played ice-breaker games and just fooled around. L.Joe and I left at sunset, "Bye ___/noona!" I heard my new friends call out to me. I smiled and waved back, "Bye my new chingus!" I giggled and ran into L.Joe's arms, "Had fun?" I nodded and he rubbed my arms up and down, "Good. I told you so." L.Joe smiled at me and ruffled my hair softly, "We have two more people to meet." He whispered and we got into the car.

We pulled up into a large driveway. The house at the other end was fairly big compared to L.Joe's house. When we reached the door, he rang the doorbell. A fair, middle-aged woman opened the door, "Oh Byunghun! So nice to see you! Come in! Are you here to see Daniel?" The woman ushered us in. L.Joe answered all her questions and right after, she averted her attention to me, "Oh, who's this gorgeous young lady?" She smiled at me. I bowed in respect and introduced myself.

L.Joe opened a door when we got to the second floor and and peered in, "Hey buddy, you in here?" His soft voice sounded throughout the dimly lit room. A weak voice answered and L.Joe pulled me in with him, "Hey buddy, how you feeling?" L.Joe sat down on a chair next to his friend's bed.

"Fine. I'm getting better." He breathed slowly and clicked on a remote control that the floor lamp in the room. Surprised, I looked at the source of light, "I see you brought your girlfriend." I turned my head to the direction of the weak chuckle and gasped with my hands on mouth, "I know, I know. I look ugly right now but once I'm on my two feet again, I'll be okay." He smiled, "Hi, I'm Niel, Ahn Daniel." He gave me a small wave. I calmed down a bit from my shock and introduced myself to the sickly friend.

After an hour in Niel's house, we came out, "How come he's not in the hospital in that state?! What is his mom doing?! How did he even get like that in the first place?!" I bombarded L.Joe with questions as soon as we got into the car. He sighed and shifted the gear into driving mode, "His mom doesn't want him like that either. What kind of mom would that be? She wants to but she can't. Niel, although he looks helpless, is really hardheaded, stubborn and strong. He doesn't want to look weak in front of people. That's why, no matter what, he'll stay like that in his room. Tough , he looks more pathetic like that, babo." L.Joe muttered the last part with slightly wet eyes. I closed my mouth and sat straight in my seat, not wanting to press for any more information.

L.Joe stopped the car in front of Seoul Hospital and I looked at him confused, "The hospital?" I looked up and said my words slowly. He nodded and grabbed my hand. We didn't stop until we reached a specific room. I read the name plate, Yoo Changhyun. I looked at L.Joe and all he did was stare at the door. He sighed and slid the door open. Curious, I followed behind him and took a peek over his shoulder. After looking at his last friend, I dropped my heels onto the ground again.

Slowly I approached the living but lifeless body, "W-what happened to t-this f-friend?" I stuttered as I tried holding in my tears. L.Joe's tears were dropping freely, "He fought for his life while trying to protect us." He whispered. My tears spilled and I covered my mouth to contain my wails, "I-I don't, e-even know h-h-him." I started hiccupping.

"He's loyal like that." L.Joe oppa said those few words before dropping down onto the chair next to the bed. He rested his arms on the bedrail and buried his face in it. My heart broke at the sight of the responseless teen in front of me. I was sensitive to these kinds of things and couldn't bare looking at the oxygen mask a second longer. All I could do right now was comfort L.Joe and wait.

A few minutes later, our tears dried out, "I broke the promise." L.Joe whispered and I looked at him confused, "What?" He sighed, "Ricky told me not to show anyone his weak side and here you are." I sadly smiled at L.Joe's caring side, "It's okay. He won't know." I smoothed L.Joe's back and leaned onto him.

L.Joe left the room to talk to a doctor. I snuck towards the slightly open door, "If only you could find a way to pay for the surgery." I heard L.Joe sigh, "I don't have that kind of money doctor. Is there anything else you can do?" The conversation carried on and I saddened.

*So you even need surgery, Ricky-shi?* I turned to the body and thought of a plan.

"Hey I need to go to the bathroom really quick." I told L.Joe as soon as he came in, "Okay. We'll go after you come back." He smiled and sat down by Ricky again. I nodded and ,with confident footsteps, walked towards the front desk.

"How may I help you miss?" The nurse smiled, "Hi, I wanted to know how much the surgery for Ricky, ah I mean..." I stopped midway to remember the name on the nameplate, "For Yoo Changhyun is." I smiled back, "Wait just a moment please." She typed into her computer.

"Yoo Changhyun in room 205, in a coma, is that right?" I nodded and the nurse scrolled down the screen, "The surgery costs $13, 598. 42, miss." The nurse replied and I looked around, "Can I make a request please?" The nurse nodded and I whispered into her ear. She looked at me with understanding eyes and took the credit card from my outstretched hand.

"Thank you miss. The surgery will be scheduled as soon as possible." We both bowed and I hurried back to Ricky's room, "Done? Let's go." L.Joe grabbed our coats and headed out, "Bye buddy. Wake up soon." I looked back, "Goodbye Ricky-shi. I know you'll wake up soon. Aja aja!" I pumped my fists and closed the door.

"So why did we meet your friends all of a sudden?" I questioned when we were driving home.

L.Joe stayed quiet for a few seconds, "They're the ones that'll protect you. You could go to any one of them if I can't and they'll help you."I stared at L.Joe as he clenched his teeth and drove a bit faster.

---

1,674 words ;). Quite a long chapter to make it up to you guys :)

Sincerely yours truly,
WonderBangBaby

June 29th, 2011
12:26 AM

Listening To: Fiction (Orchestra Ver.) by Beast
Lookin At: Laptop
Smelling: Nail polish
Watching: Nothing
Waiting For: City Hunter Ep. 11 and my friend's quince
Loving: City Hunter!!!
Next POSSIBLE Update: Today June 29th, 2011