Dinner Confession

Class

"So let me charm them with my new etiquette that you'll teach my right now," L.Joe got up and pulled me up onto my feet with him, "And my truthfulness. Trust oppa." He winked and I rolled my eyes, "Araso oppa." I smiled and we made a trip to the dining room.

"You can't possibly be using all of these just for ONE meal!" L.Joe gaped at the grand set of dining utensils laying on the table in front of him. I smiled, grabbed onto both his shoulders, and lowered my head towards his ear, "Oh yes I do. Every. Single. One. For. Every. Dinner." I pat his shoulder with every word I said.

"Okay, now let's get to work!" I sat next to him and stretched my arms in front of me, "Let's go over the spoons first." I looked at L.Joe who was pouting with shoulders that were slumped all the way. I laughed and picked up the first spoon, "This, is a soup spoon. Obviously, you use it to drink soup." I set it down and picked up another one.

30 minutes later, I was testing L.Joe on all the different utensils, "Oh, ah, uhm, salad fork!" He pointed a knowing a finger in the air. I clapped and cheered, "Jungdap! You got it right!" We laughed and continued discussing proper dinner table manners.

"We're home!" A soft, tinkling rang through the mansion and I grew happy, "Umma! Appa!" I ran towards the front door to attack them with hugs. They laughed and hugged me back, "Oh, ___. We can barely breathe." My dad's deep, soothing voice warmed me from the cold air that lingered in the foyer.

"Oh! Byunghun, nice to see you here today!" My mom's calm, kind voice was heard behind after we broke the hug. I turned around to see the two hugging, "It's a pleasure to meet you again, Mrs. Baek." L.Joe winked at me. I held in my giggle. *He learned from the best.*

"Mom, dad, can oppa stay for dinner?" I gathered my hands in front of me and batted my eyelashes, "Of course sweetheart, anyone is welcome. Come, you kids must be starving."

Dinner was filled with laughter as my dad and L.Joe cracked jokes at each other. My mom just smiled in adoration at everyone. I casually got in and out of the conversations while stuffing my mouth with food.

"So, son, where are your parents? I would love to-." I cut my dad off before he could anymore, "Mmm! This soup is really good! Who was the chef tonight?" I shoveled the creamy liquid into my mouth. I gave my dad a warning glare in the process.

L.Joe cleared his throat and wiped his mouth with the cloth napkin, "They passed away long time ago in a car crash. None of my relatives wanted to take care of a rebellious kid like me," He laughed a bit, "So I grew up with my neighbors. Now I live alone." I looked at my hands to avoid eye contact with anyone. I peeked at my parents and they looked sympathetic.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. I didn't mean to probe at such a sensitive subject." My dad looked around, flabbergasted. My mom just looked plain sad.

"Oh no, it's okay. I mean you didn't know ahbuhji. It's fine, really." L.Joe smiled at everyone. My parents seemed to be relieved a bit.

"I actually have something to say." L.Joe spoke up again. I snapped my head in his direction with wide eyes, "I'm not who you think I am." My parents just looked puzzled.

"I don't own any companies or big fancy resorts." I held my breath, ""I'm a gangster."

It was dead silent.

---

Sincerely yours truly,
WonderBangBaby

July 9th, 2011
7:54 AM

Listening To: Bubble Pop by Hyuna
Lookin At: Laptop
Smelling: Coffee
Watching: Infinite's Sesame Player
Waiting For: Stuff...
Loving: Stuff... And City Hunter!
Next POSSIBLE Update: Today July 9th, 2011