Tougher than you thought.

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

Mr. Shim was already in the company when Jenny they all arrive on 7:05. He past Jenny a printed time-table, her schedule was on it and she needed to stick with it strictly.

First day of trainee life was not that tough nor easy. It was more like a tour-around day for Jenny. Remember that guy who led Jenny into the audition room? Mr. Shim's job is to scout the potential teens into the stardom, manage the trainees' training schedule, and of course watch a lot of audition videos which was sent in from hopefuls like Jenny. He assigned a partner to her and she would have to follow her partner for that day. It is better in that way than to wander around cluelessly, right?

 




The process of training was really tiring, it was just as annoying as going to school. Waking up early in the morning and go off by evening, isn't it similar to our school routine? Jenny would not get to rest whenever she wanted even if she is tired. She have to hold herself together and continue. Passion and love is what that keep most of the trainee here, anyone who is not able to take pressure and manage their free time wisely will not be able to survive. It's either stay, or leave.

Thas was Jenny's first year of spending Chinese New Year at a foreign country all by herself. This made her upset because she felt guilty for not going back to pay her relatives a visit. She wished that she could quickly debut and get more freedom.

Bullying is one of the obstacle that most of the trainee will encounter and have to get over it with a strong mind. Jenny often got mocked by her senior trainees for being not able to speak korean well nor have really unique skill. Luckily they did not attack her physically. Nobody know exactly how to avoid that, no matter how polite you are, how obedient you appear to be, those senior trainees will still find a stupid excuse to drag you to the edge of giving up. Maybe you could ask Luhan for tips to get away from bullies, according to a trust worthy source he did not get bully before because everyone loves him. Other than bullying cases, hunger is another monster that makes many of the trainee suffer. After five hours of exercising, which includes of gyming amd swiming, Jenny was very, very exhausted, however she did not get to eat a big bowl of rice and a big cup of hot chocolate drink, instead, she received a pack of salad. Only vegetables and fruits, milk or tea to fill up their protesting stomach. One thing that all the foreigner trainees would definitely gone through was the korean language lesson. Jenny felt like she had went back to her kindergarten period again, practising writing and pronounciation of a language from scratch.

To be honest, Jenny did not have any skills that is good enough to wow the others. She sure can sing, but it was just better than average only; she can rap, but not as good as the best trainee; she learnt violin, but was no where near Henry's standard; she know how to beatbox, but if compare to Chen, she was just the very beginner; she speak Chinese and English, but some others speak more languages than her. She was not the best, but at least better than many people already. 

Months and months of training had kept Jenny away from her loved ones, most of the time she will be in training room having self improving session alone. If the night was still young after showering, she would opened up her asianfanfics account to write down her story. Jenny created one account few years back but her story was too cliche to gain much views and subscribers, but her new story tittled 'Trainee Diary' had pulled her up to a higher position in AFF. The story was not actually a story but her diary. Because it was her real experience, the words were able to show a lot more emotions and that was how she got the interest of many people out there.

Jenny miss her home badly. She miss her friends, their lame jokes and voices; she miss her family, her mother's recipe and her sisters opinion about which anime character was the best. She miss all that. The wonderful, heart warming old times. It had been a really long time since she last experienced those. This is the sacrifaction she had to make, if she was not able to overcome homesick, how could she even able to fight through the other hardships?

In order to become a better person, better performer, all of the trainee had no choice but to accept the reality that they will be working with strict instructors and trainers. Jenny always hypnotize herself by telling herself that that's the trainers' way to show concern and care. Rather than drowning herself in negative thoughts, she would kept thinking of why did she came here for, this gave her strength. 

Another fact about Jenny, she is a cry baby. She did not mean to cry but tears would just streamed down her face unknowingly, but no worries, Jenny is a strong girl who will not be defeated easily. 

 




Jenny was supposed to go back to Singapore on mid January to get her O'level examination result but she was not able to since she just started training on 2nd of January. She re April for her result slip, it was the grade she expected to get, she was happy for herself because she had put in a lot of effort for the papers. However, the joy did not last for long until slight sorrow had hovered her heart, she was not able to study further together with her friends because she had chosen another route for her future, she was running after her dream, alone.

The group of friends immediately went for another meet up once Jenny asked them out for a drink. Of course her friends would wondered about her constant missing in action, but she decided to keep things in the dark until the day that she is ready to soar. Once the night had fall, it would be the time for Jenny to go back to seoul for another round of hardships.