Reborn in process.

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

Eventhough Lee Soo Man did not go to the company everyday, but he will always knows what had happened in his castle. Recently the new artists of the family had been doing a really good job, Although the boss had no idea what boosted their spirit during such a random period, however he was actually quite impressed to see the girls being enthusiastic. All boss will be glad to see their employees working hard.

Lee Soo Man thought that maybe if he do something to "reward" PiXie Dusts, they might be aspired to produce better outcome. After few days and nights of planning, he finally came out with a perfect bait- no, reward, to award the hard working members.

"PiXie Dusts?" one of the female staff knocked on the dance practise room's door for several times, trying to get the dancing members' attention. She did a hand gesture for turning down the music volume before she spoke, "Mr Lee is calling you guys, he is waiting for you in meeting room A."

"Boss? Do you know what is his motive?" TaeMi jokingly question the girl.

"Well, Mr Lee only sent me to pass you girls the meeting message." The staff chuckled slightly.

"Sure, we will be there in a minute!" EunBi quickly answered the girl and unplucked her ipod from the speaker, "Let's go girls."

-

"Mr Lee we are here!" HyeNa greeted sweetly after tapping on the door.

"Good morning PiXie Dusts. Come, take a seat. Everyone get a set of the papers. Byul, passed it to the members"

"Sir, could you explain what is..." Jenny blinked for a couple times, she wanted to make sure that she did not read the texts wrongly. The contents seems vaguely like a set of contract.

"Of course, Jenny-ssi." Lee Soo Man straighten his back, "I am now offering the five of you a side contract. Read it first and tell me what do you think."

 

The ladies nervously flipped through the contract, there was a moment of silence where only the sound of the papers flipping was heard. Jenny, who had tried the hardest to get as many approval as she could, her heart beat was racing when she realised that she was holding onto a contract that could put PiXie Dusts on the peak if they do it well. Other than Jenny, everyone else was also in astonishment, even the expressionless Byul had widen her eyes.

Many artists in SMEntertainment had been dreaming to hold control for their own albums and songs for years already, however it did not happen often in the company. What the boss had offered the girls was a chance to manage their own creations, for the future two years starting from the day they had signed the contract, the girls will produce a single every 50 days. The contract work as a promise from Mr Lee, stating that the girls will get to hold 70% of the authority to edit their own song as long as they are keep within the budget.

"So..." Lee Soo Man spoke when the artists had lifted up their gaze from the words.

Five of them eyed at each other for a good seconds, trying to read the members' mind. Finally Jenny broke off the eye contacts, "Somebody get me a pen now!" She was beyond excited. Totally delighted.

"Unnie, shouldn't we discuss in depth before we make any decision?" HyeNa leaned closer to Jenny and tugged her sleeves.

"If everyone is able to commit to the time frame, then I guess there will be no downside of uhh, this." EunBi thought for awhile before she gave an useful opinion.

"Agreed. We have to do this." TaeMi already got a ballpoint pen in her hand.

Left with Byul who had yet to show her opinion, once she nodded, the rest of the girls immediately signed their name on the line.

"Good, if you are all clear with the rules, then I shall see you girls next time, probably in the meeting room, maybe get our hands on the comeback schedule."

"Thank you Mr Lee." they answered in synchronization.

 

-

 

The first word that Jenny shouted on the next morning was "Reborn" when EunBi's alarm went off. That was how their first single got its name. "Reborn" would be released on the internet since it is the fastest way to gain attention.

TaeMi wanted strong drum beats in the song and Byul suggested for both strong and soothing vocal tone to emphasize on passion and enjoyment. Jenny and Byul would be the two doing the strong, rock vocal along with EunBi's Jazzy, soothing vocal, also TaeMi's bubbly voice and HyeNa's sweet tone. Taeyeon who had been paying close attention to the juniors suggested the girls to get some visual inspiration from the book covers of "the hunger game", red colour and phoenix fitted the title "reborn" very much.

Some how the seniors were motivated by PXD and they felt a little jealous of the girls. They missed their rookie period and wished that they could be more brave back then.

The recording went on smoothly, it was done on the 12th day since 1st February (the day PXD got the contract), one of the lyric contributor was Lay. Many people had helped out with the song writing, although it was quite messy but it actually speed up the process of the audio making. Being the mischievious girl as Jenny always is, sometimes she would play with the props and machinary needed for the shootings and recordings on the set. Ms Kim often has to grab the girl's collar to bring her back in front on the camera.

Costumes and theme setting were partly suggested by Jenny and EunBi, hair styles and makeup idea were suggested by Jenny and HyeNa; location for filming were suggested by Byul.

With the help of many seniors who were so interested in the PXD project, their first single were really fabulous and satisfying. It was so cool to see most of the SM artists' name written on the credit page. To show the support from SM Entertainment, Mr Lee had changed the banner of their official website and youtube for three days as the teaser. 

 

Their wonderful journey of the making of the first single ended with Jenny received a working pass with "Jenny, creative director of PXD" printed on. Lee Soo Man must had heard of Jenny's acts and decisions from anyone in the company.

PiXie Dusts decided to release their newest single through sukira kiss the radio, at the same time synchronize the release with itune and SMEntertainment official website.