First step.

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

Mid September, pre-exam period.
Location: Peanut high school in Singapore. 



Someone had been secretly practising her singing skills at home for a really long time huh!
Lee Jenny felt her phone vibrated in her back pocket, so she pulled out her Samsung Note II sneakily and hid it under her desk. She quickly scanned through the message and replied, "Idiot, just cancel your tuition and accompany me!" Her round eyes stared at a girl sitting not far away from her, if it was possible to shoot out laser from one's eyes, that girl -Cassandra- should have been dead by now. Seems like Cassandra was abled to sense Jenny's imaginary laser eye's attack, because she shrugged and wiggled her index finger without looking behind. 

After the school had ended, Jenny and her only available friend -Taejun- decided to film her audition video in their classroom. Luckily their classroom was located at the end of the corridor, which meant Jenny did not have to worry about anyone walked pass and over heard her random singing. 

Once she got the camera set up properly and had Taejun to clear up a corner of their classroom for her, Jenny walked towards the tidy corner nervously while letting out a deep breathe. She wanted to take down her best performance, being able to stand tall as a shining kpop star is her dream since years ago. Taejun is one of the few who knew her plan and passion for singing, not even her parents know about it because she was afraid that they will not approved her dream. 

"Oh gosh, even though you are the only audience here, I have no idea why but I feel really anxious all of the sudden!" Jenny stomped her feet to express her nervousness at the moment. 

"Let out the beast in you! You can do it!" Taejun even do a little funny dance to help Jenny to ease her anxiety. Then, with another deep breathe, a strong vocal escaped from her pouty lips after she heard "go". 

Jenny decided to sing two songs and rap a little bit since she thought that she can't dance well without a proper training. Nobody would like to risk to expose his own weakness. She had chosen the song Umbrella by Rihanna, Closer by Taeyeon from SNSD, and Beast Junhyung's rapping part in Fiction. Surprisingly, she did not make any mistake, both of them were very satisfied with the result after listened to the recording. 

"Wow, I can't get every note perfect when I was practising at home!" Jenny beamed. 

"Good job!" Taejun gave her a thumb up. 

Jenny could not retained her excitement anymore so she ran off to the computer lab straight after recording, wanted to burn her video into CD as soon as possible. 

"Yah! Wait up!" Taejun sighed and quickly packed up the camera, and then he went to pick up Jenny's school bag before he locked the classroom. 



"Baby I'm done!" Taejun did a peace sign after clicking 'ok'. He just helped Jenny to transfer her audition video into an empty disk. 

Jenny took out the disk from the CPU carefully, as if she was holding a newborn. She used a black marker to write the song titles on the disk before slotted it into a square envelop, along with an audition form. 

"Yush!" She cheered silently. No words could describe how was she feeling right now. Her short fingers were trembling slightly when she was holding onto that envelop.  

"Imagine SM Entertainment accept me. Oh lord I will get to meet Taemin, Amber and EXO! All of the famous stars! I can see money all over the place now. Taejun I can't breathe…" Jenny used a free hand to grab her collar, pretended to faint at any moment. 

"If you really tell the company that you wanted to be a singer because of money, I guess they will just throw you into a huge dustbin." Taejun frowned. "Money girl!" 

"I want to send out my voice now. NOW!" Jenny stomped her feet again. 

"Just cool down! Follow me, I know where is the post office." Taejun rolled his eyes.

 -

"Better treat me the most expensive buffet if you really got famous. B*itch." 

"Sure, d*ck." Jenny is feeling so much better after sending out her CD. All she have to do now is wait. Patiently.

 - 

Soon is the graduation student's national exam period, everyone includes Jenny was feeling stress out. Many students were carrying a book with them whenever they go. Their current mission is: study. Someone had once said that time flies without noticed especially when you are focusing on something. With the last announcement, "Time is up. Pens down or it will be considered as a cheating act." everyone slides off from their chair. 

"Woohoo!" You could see students screaming here and there, some had already started planning on where to go afterwards, while majority was still busy checking answers with each others. 

"Really!? I chose D too! Great great, I am sure we can ace this!" Joey, another close friend of Jenny's, stated. 

"Freedom is back! Hey-" Just when Jenny was about to say something, she felt that her phone vibrated. "wait a second, I guess mummy just sent me a message." she fished out her phone as if she was already out of the school. That feeling of relief had put everyone on their least behaved mode. 

"T-tae… SM just e-mailed me-" Jenny let out a nervous gasp. "Read it now?" 

"What e-mail?" asked Ryan curiously. 

"Nothing," Taejun swallowed his saliva. "She ordered an album yesterday." He remember that Jenny wanted everything to be kept from others.

………. we invite you to come down to S.M Entertainment for an audition. Please do let us know if you are able to come down within this month. 

regards, S.M. Entertainment 

"… … Tae…" Jenny past her phone to Taejun, she sounds really shocked. He could already guessed the content of that e-mail. 

Jenny carefully wrote a reply and read it twice before sending it to S.M.Entertainment.

Dear S.M Entertainment, I would appreciate it very much if you could give me a month to work for my plane ticket.  

Thanks!
Park Jenny. 

 


"Hey guys, let's go get some food. We need to celebrate our reborn." Ryan, another friend said. 

"Reborn." Cassandra laughed at Ryan's usage of word. 

"Let's go. Meat buffet I said!"