Short break and adventure.

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

You could say the Christmas had marked the last day of the girls' holiday, lots of work and practices been piled up at the third year of their debut, next year would be the year where PiXie Dusts finally setted their foot into the door of being a sunbae, therefore it was very important for them to make sure their third year to be very successful. The competition in the kpop world was especially intense, die or rise, other than being hard working, luck still plays a big role.

After rounds and rounds of dance practices, vocal trainings, and recording, the two year of single making contract finally came to an end. Although the group had only produced 14 singles, yet due to the girls and the team being so extraordinary, the result they received was great. Really great and powerful. Those songs had brought millions of fans and thousand hundreds of sales, pushing the girls so high up away from other rookie groups. They had turned from just another SM Entertainment's girl group into a group which many big websites and famous people had praised them to be the next legendary that brings kpop towards worldwide. Every songs managed to drop the bombs in many music charts, ranked at the top for so long until the next released. What makes the girls so distinct from the others were the highly relatable lyrics and the beats. Eventhough the group did wrote about few love song, the value which lies between were really meaningful and strong, those had pulled out quite a numbers of depressed teenagers from the edge of suiciding.

As the group of young singers had reached the end of the journey of the first project, a well deserved break was waiting for them. Mr Lee Soo Man promised to make sure the five of them would never received any work related emails or messages within their holidays until they were fully charged and returned.

So no doubt, no hesitations, the members bought the tickets to their own home almost inmmediately. Except Jenny, once again.

Sehun was just outside the door when PiXie Dusts had ended their last meeting of the year. Everyone knew that he was there for Jenny. The boy suggested to take Jenny to the country side, some where he regarded as 'the most beautiful, pure, and quiet place in Korea'. He knew that the warth that his hands gave off would definitely make the girl nod her head, so he gently reached her hand and intertwined their fingers, and never let go afterwards.

 

 

The place was certainly beautiful and breathtaking, the peaceful aura and the magical sheen on the frozen lakes had left all the discomfort Jenny had on the way to their destination. The dizziness were gone almost instantaneously.

Holding onto her soft, small hands, he lead Jenny towards a big stone rested on the lakeside. He pulled up her hood to prevend the cold breeze turned her chubby cheeks too red. A moment of silent had Sehun to get ready to speak to her.

 

"Jenny." The shy smile had gave off the slightest hint of what he was about to say.

"Hmm?" Jenny was still mesmerized by the scenery, she wasn't paying too much attention to the pale boy beside her. Her eyes were half opened because the breeze would have the moisture in her eyes dry up. Her lips seems really soft, maybe it was the effect of her lip balm.

Sehun stoned for a brief seconds before he was abled to moved his sight away from her lips.

"I really like you." he said it out louder than his usual volume, he did not want his confession to be took away by the cold breeze.

"How?" Surprisingly, Jenny was calm, and she threw him a question.

"I like you very much, so much so much that I just want to make you mine." Sehun gave her a silly smile, "It had been seven years since I last had a serious crush on a girl, never in my life had I confessed to a girl, today, I finally said my confession. So, will you be my girl friend?" he realised he wasn't feeling as nervous as he expected himself to be.

"I like you too, so much that I even thought that I could just be your fangirl forever. Maybe we shall start from beginning, we shall progress slowly before we get ourself into deep s." Jenny smile nervously at Sehun. Yes, she like him so much so much, other than fangirling over him, she wish to know more about him, she wish to just stay by his side and listen to his heart. She did not plan to jump into a relationship so quickly yet she did not want to reject him, so all she could say was 'let's start from beginning'.

Sehun thought for awhile, and he asked for a hug, and they hugged. At that moment, he knew that he need to wait for her.

 

-

 

Jenny left Seoul after the short trip with Sehun. It's been quite a long time since she board the plane alone. Living with the name of a kpop idol had Jenny alrady got used to wearing all the good brands and fansy clothes whenever she was exposed in public, however, this time she had decided to go back to basic. She put on the simplest blouse and jacket she found in the closet, although those were still branded, but that was the closest thing she could get.

 

The girl's family members were already at the airport before the plane had arrived in Singapore. It's been quite a long time since their last meeting with Jenny. Her younger sister, Jane ran towards her superstar sister and gave her the tightest hug she could ever offered to Jenny when she finally spotted Jenny.

Because PiXie Dusts had done a great job for the past two years, the members could afford to purchase really pretty clothes without have to worry too much about the price. Jenny brought home a few fancy clothings which she rarely wear, for Jane.

"Jen ah, I always seen you in those leather pants, or shades from those airport photo, why aren't you wearing those today?" Jenny's father curiously asked his daughter, he was really looking forward to see his little girl appeared in fancy fashion pieces.

"Those are thick and warm! Singapore is too hot compare to Korea." Jenny chuckled and explained to her father.

During her stay in Singapore, Jenny returned to her previous fashion sense, wearing the coloured tank tops and shorts where ever she went. Her adorable and down to earth characteristics were praised by the netizens, also made her fans fell deeper for her, they were really glad to see a famous idol singer stayed true and pure eventhough they were worshipped by so many fans. Lots of fan-taken photo showed Jenny eating cheap street food, take bus and train with her family and friends. It seems that she was feeling slightly awkward by sensing so much hidden cameras around her during her outing because Jenny started to wear caps after a few days.

Other than just hanging out with her amily, Jenny's parents also brought her to pay her relatives a visit, unlike her family, most of her aunts and uncles had not seen her for almost four years, from the day she left Singapore for training, until the current holiday. There is a chinese saying to describe how annoying can a group of woman be, one of the awful memory Jenny had made during the trip was having to listen to her aunts throwing so much question at her, also to offered their useless 'suggestions' to all the imaginary scenarios they came out with.

 

Being a korean pop singer meaning that Jenny had to stay far away from her beloved ones, in order to close up the gaps between her friend and herself, the group of teenagers had arranged a meet up, they had been feeling really far apart.

Cassandra suggested for a shopping trip at bugis(a shopping paradise in singapore) since everyone in the clique had been a shop-a-holic for years already. The girls were so excited during the pregress that Jenny had revealed her old stingy personality again and it finally made all of them feeling a little bit closer to her again. After spending quite a sum of cash at the shops, the boys wanted to have dinner at a decent cafe, during the walk towards the cafe, Jenny's friends wanted to know more about Jenny's life as a star.

"Guys, how about all of you get me updated about the recent trends and what happened in your college years? I will tell my story afterwards." Jenny wanted to listen to her friends' voice as much as possible before she return to the foreign country.

Many things had, of course, happened without Jenny around. Ryan got himself a girlfriend, and Cassandra had opened an online boutique, despite studying at different school, they were still very close with each other, except Jenny.

Feeling guilty for never put in the effort to mentain her old friendship, Jenny thought that she had to do something for her friend. Cassandra mentioned that all of them had been quite occupied by the school projects, being a sweet person that Jenny had always be, she decided to treat her friends to Universal Studio to relax their mind, she heard that USS had changed a lot since her last visit. The group of friends had a great day at USS, many people recognised Jenny, her mischievious friends ended up held a mini photo taking session for Jenny. Even many years had past afterwards, whenever Jenny looked back the day where she shared a wonderful day with her old clique, it never fails to put on a smile on her face.

 

When 2ne1 announced to hold a fanmeet in Singapore, Jenny literally screamed in the bathroom. She was using her phone on the toilet bowl. Alone, Jenny grabbed her poloroid camera and headed to the fanmeet earlier that day. The girls recognised Jenny when she appeared in front of them, expecting an autograph. CL whispered to her manager and had him to bring Jenny to the back where the staff members were, blackjacks finally realised that it was Jenny from PiXie Dusts, a small number of them screamed and quickly took a few shots at Jenny. Later 2NE1 invited Jenny to have a nice chilli crab dinner together and before Jenny had left, she gathered her courage and asked if she could have a collaboration with the girls because she love their voice so much, and is a blackjack since predebut.

 

"Oh god really?" Sandara smiled widely at Jenny.

"Ah that's really great to hear, Jenny!" CL grabbed onto Jenny's wrist while commenting.

"Let's exchange number then!" Park Bom chuckled and Dara quickly noded.

Then, Jenny exchanged number with all of the 2NE1 members although she wasn't sure if they will keep in contact or even texting each other in the future.

 

 

Isn't one of the most common topic within girls 'boys' and 'relationships'? Jenny used to be the one helping her friend to come out with solution about the related topics but now, it was Jenny's turn to get some advise. She turned to Cassandra to poured out her confusions and feelings she had for Sehun, Jenny is really afraid that she would mess things up and destroy everything for herself. The two girls had spent almost the whole night at McDonald for their girls' talk.

 

Most of the time Jenny would stay at home, sniffing her pillows and eating whatever her mum was cooking.

Few days before Jenny's returning, she thought of the boys and her girls back at Korea, Jenny quickly went out to get customised keychains for Lay, Luhan, ChanYeol, BaekHyun and Kai; she also managed to find some of the skin care products and lotions from the local brands for her members.

 

Two days before leaving, Jenny suggested a visit to their alma mater, fortunate enough, it was the open house day for their alma mater, they could enter the school easily. Jenny had her face covered up with mask and sunglasses, luckily none of the students recognise her. They had a small, casual talks with their teachers.

 

Finally the day to return had arrived, Jenny have to left her already less familiar hometown, to the foreign country which she felt more comfortable to be in. After sending Jenny off, her friends went to a nearby cafe for some talks.

Aiden sighed softly and started the talk, "Where will our friendship be sailing to? I know Jenny her personality remains the same but the feeling doesn't. We dont share any related topics anymore." Everyone remains silent.

They decided to find her at Seoul someday, if possible, when everyone is available.

 

-

 

On the plane, the bitter tear drops kept on rolling down from the young idol singer's cheeks. Loneliness was one of the reason, so does guilt and disappointment about unknown things, but mainly was due to the bitterness she had beared in her heart for long. Being away from her used-to-be-closed friends and never contact them for god-knows how long, their friendship had definitely got diluted by time, turning the bffs into just another friends whom she used to stick with.

Jenny couldn't do much, but to cherish her current friendship with anybody.

Hopefully she would feel better after she reached Korea.