Discussion

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

Later at 5pm, Jenny returned to her dorm with a glum expression and six bottles of banana milk; two for herself, one for each members. Jenny felt that bribery was neccessory and would aid her for the group meeting later on.

Nobody was in the dorm yet, except the youngest, who were completely immersed in her English dictionary, thanks to that fanboy who were really good in English, had wrote her an absolute wonderful fanfic about herself and the EXO oppas.

Jenny silently let out a sigh of relief, knowing that she still had a few hours more to prepare herself before anything else. She dragged her heels into another room and then sit alone with her cellphone and some stationaries. She began to jot down her thoughts and ideas, enough for her to reason up why did she wants to leave the stage. Staring blankly at her phone for awhile, suddenly she realised that it was not like before, when she was still in school, whenever there was any obstacles, anyone in the clique would rang up everyone and have a conference call to help to resolve the problems.

 


 

"Taem, come and get your ramyun yourself!" while pouring the remaining noodles into the last empty bowl, EunBi called out for TaeMi and left the kitchen with her owl bowl into the living room, where everyone elses were at.

Seeing that everyone had finally settled down around the coffee table, Jenny hurried into the kitchen and returned with five bottles of the drink she had bought earlier on. Her heart was thumping fast, as if somebody was playing a taiko drum in her chest. She definitely did not want to offence anyone with her bad choice of words, but she really want to get her thoughts out of her mind and share it with the four members she cherished so much. Unknowingly, a frown had formed and Byul noticed it without saying a word. Jenny offered the drinks to everyone with a bitter smile.

 

"Thanks hun! Cheers." TaeMi was the first to poked through the alluminium foil.

"Waaa thank you unnie!" HyeNa did a 'cheers' action too.

"Oooh thank you." That was EunBi, her thank you were muffled by the warm, soft noodles.

"Hmm banana, thanks!" Byul nodded, then left the drink aside to focus on her noodle first.

 

Jenny cleared once everyone had their bowl emptied. Now that the attention was on her, Jenny awkwardly starts her speaking with really formal greetings. "Good evening ladies. Today I have something to share with you guys, it had been on my mind for quite awhile already."

"Uh... Go ahead and shoot it, you are so formal and it was so damn uncomfortable okay!" Byul blinked and looked at Jenny's fidgetting fingers.

"Alright I'll just say. I am thinking of quitting." Jenny could feel everyone's shocking gaze were on her. "Recently I been thinking about my bucket list, other than being an idol singer, I want to go to college, university, and be a designer, I want to have my own shop, I want to migrate to a western country. Being a singer isn't my life long goal, I have many other dreams too, so I thought, why not quitting at the peak of my career, fading out when we get the most attention rather then leave after we are totally displaced. However because we are a group and we are under a contract, I can't just leave as I please. Okay, that was just my wondering, so what do you all think?"

"Jenn-" HyeNa was about to protest but TaeMi tapped her thigh to signal her to keep quiet first. Let the leader talk first.

"Jen, we went through so many hardships, shed gallons of sweats and tears, and you are going to leave all these behind?" EunBi questioned.

"But unnie, we will all eventually get replaced and forgotten, when the time has come, we will be left with no choice but to get disband..." Jenny slightly pushed her body away from the table to give herself more space.

"Shall we come out with a plan for PiXie Dusts's future?" Jenny glanced at everyone.

"Get the dishes washed and we can continue all these after that." EunBi sighed and head straight to the sink in the kitchen.

 

-

 

"I agreed, with Jenn." Byul expressed her stand first.

"Jen unnie, if I say I agree with you, does that means we are going to leave the stage so soon?" HyeNa doesn't want to let go just yet, after all she was only a 20 year old, she was still young and many thing could still be done.

"Of course not, honey!" Jenny chuckled. "This will be jst our own opinions, thoughts and discussion. Mr. Lee has the final authority and besides, that would be way too selfish to dump our beloved Pixers."

"It was fun being a singer, an idol, and I had became so greedy under the camera spotlight that I hadn't think about my future for a really long time already." TaeMi propped her chin in the palm of her left hand.

"Maybe Jenny was right. Actually the new boy band was ready to be published already, however there were too much groups needed to be handled therefore resulted in the pushed back of the debut date." said EunBi.

"HyunSoo oppa was friggin' hot." HyeNa blurted. She had saw the trainee once and that was when the two were queueing up in the cafeteria just next to each other. Maknae then received a soft punch on her arm from TaeMi.

Using the old and traditional way of how they used to do when in doubt, the girls carefully jotted down the reasons and consequences on a piece of paper, later they combined everything and came out with a result which everybody was satisfied and agreed with.

 

 

3rd of September in 2018, PiXie Dusts had decided to put their career into an abrupt end at the peak of it. A neat mindmap was written down and pasted in behind their bedroom doors, and they were ready to show it to Mr. Lee Soo Man anytime.