Shooting stars

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

SM Town concert was a blast. The sweet scents of happiness had filled up everywhere the two had past by, totally tooth-achingly sweet.

 

-

 

Few days after the Seoul stage had ended, PiXie Dusts were gettng their deserved break at their dorm, girls were enjoying their free time to the fullest by doing absolute nothing but just laying around.

 

"My beautiful shining stars~ When will the new schedule getting down?" Jenny rolled onto her belly, propping her palms under her chin for some support. Her bed was in a hot mess but she did not care at all.

"Cheesy Jenn. if I am not wrong, tomorrow unnie will came down and hand it to us." TaeMi, who was laying on the floor, replied with her eyes closed.

"Shall we go now?" Jenn asked everyone.

"Where?" Byul;

"What?" HyeNa;

"Why?" and EunBi; The three were still in their very relaxing state that none of them understood what Jenny was implying.

"The proposal." Jenny sitted upright and smile at the girls.

 

 

PiXie Dusts decided that it probably was the right time for them to take a step forward before their new schedule were released. That was really nerve wrecking. When the girls had finally submitted their proposal to Lee Soo Man, a mixing feeling of anxiety, excited, and fear had burst inside their vein, just like how the gases in Coke bursting in your mouth.

What if he gets mad at us? What if he approves? What if something even scarier comes up? They didn't know.

 

The moment Lee accepted the letters from EunBi, he put on his working glasses and made himself sat up straighter. Silence was all the girls could hear. Their heartbeats were loud enough to almost break the thick silence, until Mr Lee finally put down their proposal and looked up.

 

"So..." deep down, the old man couldn't help but to feel a little bit sad but proud at the same time just like a father, seeing the young girls having such a clear vision on the path of their lifes, knowing that what exactly they shall be doing. He was debating with himself whether to let the girls free, or not yet.

Nobody dares to say a word before the man does.

"I'll think about it." He said his final word for the day. The members bowed and fled from the office as fast as they could. That was really scary, okay?

 

Sitting alone in the office, Lee Soo Man was having a deep thought. The girls were definitely talented and bubbly, they had brought much positive energy into lots of teenagers' mind, if he throw their proposal away, more people can be inspired directly through their attitude and music, and also the company is able to earn more; if he approves the girls, it definitely will be the company's loss but at the same time making room for the rookies to debute. Thinking until then, Mr Lee went to have a quick check on the rookie's profile and pre-debut group list. Well, maybe it's time for a change. He thought.

 


 

"I know, I am going to miss everything so much once I leave, but the stage is not going to keep us warm forever, right? Perhaps the best thing for us to do now it to retrieve from this saturated market before we turn old and yellow. Actually, oppa, looking at PXD's career as a whole, I don't think that the company has really put us in the limelight, also we wasn't the big hit at all, you know, we are just another girl group from SM Entertainment and luckily they were able to get something done in other's eyes." In the empty recording studio, Jenny and Baekhyun were having a casual chat.

"You care about what the public says?" Baek took a sip of his thick hot chocolate. So good.

"Not really, however I agreed with them. Do you?" Jenny shrugged, and smiled.

"To be honest, yes. Trying to see things from the view of an outsider, yes, you girls are kind of just... there. I guess you are right. Five of you are young, you have more to accomplish in your life."

"Don't speak like as if you are some white haired old folk!" Jenny eyed at Baekhyun.

"I feel like, we EXO members need a break, a long break. Although being a singer is super exciting but, it wears us down. I mean, the hectic promotion schedule wears me down."

"Oh well..." Jenny gave the boy a light pat on his shoulder. "It's really cool, knowing that I was once an idol singer, coming from Singapore, standing in the Korean Pop Industry."

"What's up with the once an idol singer?? You haven't quit, YET." Baek chuckled, punching her gently on her back.

 

-

 

The ladies did not start off with an explosive debut, but they thought that they deserved a big stage to mark the end of their career. A grand goodbye concert, their first and last concert as a group, one last time to bring them and their fans together. Followed by an album with all their past songs recorded, since there wasn't too many. It was a really thick and stunning album, with golds details and chains decorating the cover. Ever see B.A.P's First Sensibility album before? That illustration on the cover is something you could expect on PXD's.

Soon after the album is out, a handshake event was held all over the country. Let me tell you something nice, EunBi has a really smooth and soft hand that you never want to let go once you had hold it. She was having quite a hard time during the event, the boys wouldn't want to let go of her hands.

The five talented ladies had did their very best throughout the years. Looking back, they had been through all the ups and downs together as whole, Jenny decided that during the era of the saturated kpop market, perhaps the best decision for them was to quit at their peak, to leave when everyone remembers them the clearest. awesome goodbye tour, five hours long last goodbye stage, last stop is at seoul on 2021 1st, because have five member so after five year they disband.

 

 

The concert was coming into the last twenty minutes section already, the girls were singing their favourite ballad song. During the bridge, nobody was dancing on the stage, instead, the girls were all over the stage, taking selcas with their Pixers, eccepting presets, doing high-fives. Jenny was the last to get her leg moving. Jenny put down her microphone and finally walking away from the center stage, and stood at the edge of the front stage. Her sight was blurry at first, blame that to the strong stage lighting. When Jenny finally regained her focus, she swept her gaze from one end, to the other end of the stadium. .. Jenny quickly looked up into the ceiling, but she was too late, she pulled up her collar to wipe her tears when she felt the moisture on her cheeks. The audience, the light sticks, the sign boards, they were just in front of her eyes, yet still seems surreal at the moment.

The cheers turned really loud when Pixers caught their vocalist tearing up.

HyeNa ran to Jenny and gave her unnie a warm, tight hug. It evolved into a group hug later on and it triggered so much tears in everyone's eyes.

 

"Thank you for gathering here to make memories with us and creates magic with us!! These five years had been extraordinarily awesome for us and we really, really, truely appriciate all these. thanks Joo Eui, the creator of our first international twitter fanpage; YongPa, the creator of first international and also the most active tumblr site for PXD; ZigZag-kun for creating PiXieLusts dot com for us; Teenie, girl you have mention our twitter name sooooo much that we can't forget about you; T-Rex ahjussi for always coming to our fansign, like 9.5 out of 10 fansigns of us you had been there. Lavender and Lily, thanks for sending us a bunch of awesome fanart, and Bert, boy your drawing and handwritings improved! We really did take everything to our heart! Please never forget us and pass down the love to the other new generation of idol singers! Thank you so much!" HyeNa and TaeMi taking turns making shout outs to people they truely appriciate for their hardwork.

 

 

PiXie Dusts were just like the dreamy shooting stars, they were once so bright and captivating in the night sky, although their lifespan were never long, but people are going to remember them for long enough even after they had lost their spotlight...