Preparation before reborn.

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

It feels like a volcano had erupted within Jenny, right at that moment when the woman had walked away. When was the last time Jenny felt such strong shame and guilt? She could not figure it out. Days and night she been dreaming to get into this place, this world, what had made her lost the original passion and intention? Since when she became someone who only follow instruction and walk on the road others had paved for her?

 

That short speech striked her hard. Harder than diamond. She jerked awake from all the mess, the confusions, and the mist of wander. She stood up like a leader, she felt that she had to.

Later at night, in the PiXie Dusts's dorm, Jenny gathered her girls and literally repeated what the woman had told her. Just as what she expected, everyone sunk into their deep thoughts after the speech had came to an end. Total silence for good, few minutes.

"Girls, I have a task, a homework, a request for you all. Tonight, let us all think about who we are, and what we want. Tomorrow we will do a proper, formal introduction in the dance room. We need to start a fresh, immediately." Her voice wasn't loud, but her tone made everyone agreed with her with no protest nor unhappiness. At that very moment, Jenny became the leader that everyone wants to follow.

 

When the lights were off, EunBi covered her face with the apple plush that Pixers gave her and thought about PXD's past one year for the very first time. She realised that she wasn't being a good leader at all. She was behaving like a mother, like an elder sister, rather then lead the group in the identity of a strong leader. 

Byul laid on her back, hands placing on her tummy and eyes staring at the ceiling. She thought about how much she had gone through and done during her predebut years, as compared to now, she was way too relaxing. Other than just eat, sleep, wake up, follow what the staffs told her to, she had not take initiative to do anything for herself and her groupmates.

HyeNa realised that she already forgotten that she was the one wanting to be an idol singer at the first place, all she did for now was only complain in her heart that she could not go out, could not date, became too tired for school.

As for TaeMi, she decided to re-read all the messages and letter she received during her trainee days. Those were too encouraging and supportive that they stung her eyes. She cried, for the very first time in these few months. If she wanted to be sucessful, she have to be more hardworking, PXD have to be more hardworking and create their own style.

And Jenny, she spent almost the entire night, jotting down thoughts and ideas and all the what-nots on twenty pieces of A4 paper. Her roommate HyeNa found her fell asleep on the living room floor the next day. HyeNa could never ever forget that scene, where her beloved unnie, Jenny, falling asleep on a pile of papers, with all filled up in useful directions for each of them. That sight was too much for the maknae to take, tears rolled down her cheeks uncontroably. She was touched, madly.

 

-

 

EunBi made everyone to wake up by 7, surprisingly, none of the lazybums complain to her. Like a miracle, four of them even said good morning to her after woken up. Well, actually except for Jenny, she was feeling too drowsy to even speak. Although PiXie Dusts's members had rolled out from their bed too early, it still took them more than an hour to get all refreshed and ready because, you know how girls are. They managed to reach the company before 8:40 when their schedule was set to be at the company by 9:45. The girls brought over all their stuffs which they used to carry during predebut days, seems like they had treated themself as trainees again. Mr Johnson, their trainer paused at the door and left his jaw opened for the longest time ever later at 10 when he stepped into the room.

Johnson was not the only one whose jaw had dropped, Ms Kim, the manager unnie almost call police when she found out that the girls were missing from the dorm when she knocked their door at 8:30, morning.

 

With Jenny's words carved deeply in her mind, first thing EunBi did after she threw her gym bags (yes, plural, she had two) was walking towards the center of the room and introduced herself loudly. As a lead singer, also a leader, she truely knew that she was not the best at all the categories. Despite her flaws, EunBi have quite a strong self confidence and is a sweet, polite girl that is sometimes very clumsy. The member believes that many mcs would like to have her as the helper in the variety show. EunBi resembles Onew from SHINee very much.

Second to get ready was TaeMi the rapper and main dancer. She stood up as soon as EunBi bowed at the members. Hangeng, Kai and Taemin were her role model. She likes to dance so much that it had already became a habit. She dances anytime, anywhere. If you ever ask her what she wanted to do for life long, it would definitely be cheorograghing as much popular dance moves as she can for PXD. She wanted to see lots of people covering PXD's dance on youtube.

Byul raised her hand when TaeMi asked who shall be the next to speak. The ice princess was the main dancer and main singer of PiXie Dusts. She is the type of cool girl who does not speak much, but if she ever feels really good, she would be a mischievious one towards her closest friends. She seems so mysterious and quiet, she rarely show off anything in the public so that no one knows which sector she is good at, but once she show off her skills, she will definitely leave a strong perfect impression in your mind. She is just that perfect. With vocal skill as good as Ailee, and dancing skill as strong as Minzy.

Maknae eyes Jenny once Byul sat down, so the lead singer and also main rapper made her way to the center. Singing is her most favourite thing to do during anytime and one day Jenny realised that she would rap randomly without herself to notice. She loves her voice so much that she can't help but to record lots of song covers and listen to them everyday. She loves herself so much than you love yourself. Rapping is something she enjoys to do, it makes her feel powerful while singing is something that she regarded as the only way to express her inner child.

Lastly, HyeNa, the maknae who was also the lead dancer. Since she was younger, since the day she laid her eyes on SNSD, she got hooked. By their strong stage appearance, by their adorable vocal, by their everything. SNSD is almost perfect to her. After seeing Taemin and Key's dance audition video, she told herself that she will one day enter SME with her apearance (don't judge, HyeNa always feels pretty) and dance skill. SHe started learning to dance through youtube. She joined a dance club in her elementary school, and formed a dance group when she graduated to secondary school. Her vocal is so sweet and soft, yet on the contrary, her dancing was fast and moves were exaggerated. Hip-hop dancers like to make their movement big, isn't it?

 

During their one hour break in between the practising, Jenny and HyeNa finished off their food so quickly and flee everywhere to find their vocal trainer, song composer and other people who help to produce an album to book a meeting time with professionals. For the next five days, Jenny would discuss with her trainers about her plan for their singles, and she would further perfect the ideas with her groupmates afterwards before lights off, in the dorm of course. 

Not just their trainers, not just their manager, not just the receptionists, everyone else in the company had saw the five young girls' drastic changes.

 

Very soon after a good 10 days, Mr Lee Soo Man gathered the rookie girls and announced a shocking news to the girls before he leaked out the news to the world.

"My dear girls! Ya'll had been doing extremely great for the past few days. I was really surprised by what had happened and is very, very much impress by what I had seen." Mr Lee smiled widely at the girls before he continued. "I have decided that, okay well I am not aiming at anyone with bad intentions. EunBi, you had done well as a leader, I am really satisfied with your hard works. From this moment onwards, PiXie Dusts will not be having any leader anymore, simply because I think that all of you are really capable and each of you behave like the best leader. Please continue to uphold this spirit and make into the top alright? I believe in you girls. Especially Jenny, I had heard from the pros already."

That left all the girls stunned on their feet for awhile.

EunBi did not felt anything negative, instead, she let out a sigh of relieved.

Later at the evening, many kpop forums were flooded with all kinds of discussions about Lee Soo Man's newest news released. Hates or not, this time round no one in the group was being affected. They had suddenly became so strong, and passionate, and brave.

 

Who are we? We are PiXie Dusts. They said.