2nd single called Light Years

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

Byul realised that there were more fan letters sent to them after Reborn had released. Jenny's new found hobby to do during the intervals for working was reading the letters row by row, if she wasn't too lazy to buy papers, she would have writen a few replies already. The heart-warming words were definitely a great encouragement to the girls.

The next theme for their upcoming single was inspired by jenny's dream. After the first performance for Reborn, she dreamt about the day when she boarded the plan until she received the news of PiXie Dusts's debut date was out during her nap in the van. However the dream ended with her falling into an infinity space when she step out from the practice room.

Jenny decided to name the second song as Light Years. Light year refers to a unit of astronomical distance equivalent to the distance that light travels in one year. Translated to Jenny's own explaination, it meant the time it takes for a dream to come true. This title sparks off so many idea within the members, each of them was so excited to share and combine their ideas into one. Sehun was really curious about the new plan after PXD's first single, as soon as PXD finished their goodbye stage performance had Jenny received grettings from Sehun already. Their conversation revolve around anything but the new single because at that time Jenny had yet to come out with any idea.

 

 

The more Jenny look at the new title, the more she feels that she should get someone who is talanted and creative to assist the producing of the music.

After more than ten rounds of dilemma and debating with herself, finally Jenny decided to visit pay Teddy from YG Entertainment a visit. She got Ms Kim to book an appointment secretly, and bring Byul along headed towards the meeting room in YGE. Jenny politely requested for a mini collaboration, she hoped that teddy would compose a instrumental for Light Years. The idea and vision which the girls shared withTeddy were amazing enough to move him, he eventually agreed to help the passionate young singers out. Teddy suggested to Jenny that if the girls were the one to compose the lyrics, it would be a bonus point because this is suppose to be their own story and it would be more appropriate if they get the lyrics done by themselves, which also was Jenny's arigianly plan. The meeting was smooth and a success. As soon as Jenny and Byul got back, they made her girls to get ready to put on their thinking caps and get the essay flowing. It took the girls no more than 6 days to write.

Jenny spent days to watch music videos on youtube, trying to get some inspiration for their own. EunBi finally spoke after playing so much videos, she suggested to film their music video in a movie-similar way, and it definitely would be great to showcase some parts of their training, hometown visiting, midnight sobbing, diary writing, exercising, and their audition progress as the highlight. TaeMi and HyeNa couldn't agree more. The creative planner told the girls that perhaps they should try asking for help from the students from Art College in movie filming course, just like what f(x) did for their pink tape. Everything was planned and discussed before March had ended.

On the 29th of March 2016, all of the members went back to their birth place and home for the recording of the footage for Light Years, however, Jenny stayed in Seoul but return to Singapore, it was too far, there wouldn't be enough time. Jenny called her parents and had them to send her her childhood photo through whatsapp, and that's all from Jenny.

 

Jenny was all alone when the members boarded their parents' car with a manager each. She was the first person to had her materials submitted. Jenny did not want to make any decisions without members' consent so she decided to take a one day break and wait for her girls to be back.

The feeling of loneliness and aimless had taken over her mind. Suddenly the urge of talking to a human being had surfaced, but there were nothing left between her friends and herself. Finally had her own time to slow down her pace for a nice rest had got her to the realisation of being drifted apart from her ordinary friends. She did not know what to say when she opened up a conversation box with her friends. She glanced through her surrounding, nobody was actually close with her. The members were nice, however they don't really understand each other dearly; The seniors were friendly and helpful, but there were not her friend afterall, just a mentor.

Jenny cried. Out of the blue. She started sobbing, then ended up running to the balcony and cry out loud, to release her bitterness. Her cry startled Kai and Taemin, who was intended to enter the balcony.

They eyed each other, not knowing what to do. Taemin pushed Kai onto the balcony and ran away, said that he was going to get some facial tower for the girl. Seeing the usuall cheerful Jenny being that upset, Kai wanted to go closer, but he was not sure if he should give her a hug or his cappucino, so he went downstairs to see if anyone who was close to jenny was around. Luckily,the smelly, dreched-in-perspires Chanyeol was spotted. Kai quickly got ChanYeol to calm his sister down.

 

ChanYeol moved closer to Jenny as quiet as a cat, then, he called her softly, "Hey."

Perhaps Jenny was too loud, his voice was totally covered by hers.

"Jenn," ChanYeol placed his hand on her shoulder. She stunned and turned around to face him with her tear stained cheeks.

"Aigoo my silly girl, what's wrong?" He used the tissue which Taemin passed to him, to wipe off Jenny's tear gently.

"I feel sad..." said Jenny, in between of her short gasps, "I feel that, I had a-abandoned my old, friends, and I have no, friends here..."

"You have us, you have Chanyeol, YiXing hyung, Luhan hyung, Baek and Hun. And the girls too!" Chanyeol flashed his pearly whites at Jenny, hoping to ease her sadness.

"I am not close to anyone of whom you just mentioned..." Jenny made a loud sniff, pulling Chanyeol's sleeve to make him sat down with her.

"Aren't we close?" Chanyeol made a pout, he felt a little bit disappointed.

"If you promise to always talk to me, even if the topic is about sanitary pad, then we are consider as close." Jenny sighed and looked up into the blue sky, few birds flew above her sight, but her heart was feeling heavy rather than free.

"Sure!" Chanyeol answered without hesitation.

Jenny fell into silence afterwards.

 

The cold breeze brushed through the two teenagers' cheeks and hair strands, bringing their exhaustion away, bringing the tears and sweats away. Spring was arriving. Jenny realised that Chanyeol's tee shirt was wet and the cold breeze had been hitting him. Sensing her gaze landing on him, Chanyeol returned his attention to her from the door and he pulled her into his embrace. Jenny let him be, because she was worried that he might catch a cold, maybe, just maybe her body heat could keep him warm.

"Yah, don't be sad anymore alright. You look ugly with tears on your face." That moment was so heart warming.

However the stupid Jenny decided to destroy the atmosphere, "You smells."

"..." Thanks, idiot. Chanyeol groaned in his mind.

 

 

Later at the night, when Jenny thought that she might be the last idol to leave the building, she spotted Lay at the front door.

Jenny hurried over to catch him, Lay was surprised to see Jenny around at that timing. They had a small talk while walking back home. To Jenny, he was a good listener, a good mentor, a good brother to share her thoughts with. As usual, he gave his best advise to her. They later exchange their number (finally) and he promised that he will try his best to help her when she is in need.

 

ChanYeol's good mood was so bright and loud, BaekHyun thought that he could hear Chanyeol's mind roaring in happiness just by looking at his trademark creepy grin. ChanYeol was kind of excited and embarrased when he told BaekHyun and Kai about the part when he hugged Jenny, Sehun frowned unknowingly when he caught the phrase "... and I hugged Jenn."

 

-

 

The girls worked extra hard on their upcoming single, they wanted to get things done before 10th of March in order to have more time for promition.

During the dance rehearsal, Luhan and Sehun knocked onto the door and brought their juniors four cups of pearl milktea and a dark chocolate ice blended specially for jenny. According to Luhan, that was a special order from Sehun and Sehun's blushed had sold his cool to outer space. TaeMi later past the drink over to Jenny when she got back from the ladies after the duo had left. Everyone in the room were having a good time on making Jenny feeling embarrassed afterwards, she almost wanted to hide under the bench.

 

when Light Year was finally released on 17th of March 2016, PiXIe Dusts had received a greater response. They were seen on every music programme and appeared on a few make up advertisement. In addition for their happiness, their song were chosen as an ost for the upcoming drama featuring many famous, young idol singer from the nation. Jenny even received the chance to act in the drama as the weird classmate with an appearance for a total of 35 minutes length, it was quite an impressive achievement for Jenny. The EXO maknae, Sehun secretly downloaded the part where Jenny was starred and watched it on his car ride for almost a month straight. Everyone in EXO jokingly called him the Jenny's biggest fans, which frankly, he quite like the nickname given.